Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

[FVSL Masters Premier Division] Predictions, Results, & Banter 2017/2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Rumour / Not Rumour

Coastal Masters threw all their toys out of the pram and are headed to Surrey United.

#noonecares?

Fcuk you.

deleted-dope

Not Bright
Jan 26, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
If you don't give a fcuk then why are you trying to figure out if it's true. # liar-forever.

Webster dictionary definition

Regs- a load, a lower species on the animal kingdom somewhere along bottom next to ticks, flees and cokc roaches. Someone who is full of shite but thinks they are awsome
Eg; that guy with the Lamborghini is a total regs.
# who-hashtags-when-your -over-40.

Post of the season so far. And I'm retiring from this. Good luck to all teams.

Canucks4Ever

Jan 9, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
I could see it making sense...

Given the Coastal open program is being taken over by what's left of the VMSL North Delta experiment, not sure how the Masters boys would feel about having to, at least by perception, support their sworn rivals from ND. Plus Surrey Utd. Masters Prem was bottom of the table last season so I'm sure that they would have been willing to listen to ways that they could strengthen/continue their program for this season. The guys were never really "Coastal" , so if they can keep their name as Surrey Utd. Peace Arch and still play out of SSAP I could see it happening.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I can't see the "New" Surrey United Masters Prem playing out of SSAP at all! There is no way Surrey United would go for that.

I see the old Prem guys demoting down to 1st, and simply put old Coastal becomes new SUSC Masters Prem, and move into CAP digs.

Saying this of course with literally no knowledge of what's up, except knowing about the ND Prem move to Coastal.

Ballbaby

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I can't see the "New" Surrey United Masters Prem playing out of SSAP at all! There is no way Surrey United would go for that.

I see the old Prem guys demoting down to 1st, and simply put old Coastal becomes new SUSC Masters Prem, and move into CAP digs.

Saying this of course with literally no knowledge of what's up, except knowing about the ND Prem move to Coastal.

Dude is 100% correct. Coastal, with many past SU Premier players, are now our new Surrey United Masters Premier team. And what was our Premier team past season will now be our Div 1 team. They will be playing out of CAP.

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
This all hurts my brain. Not surprising really considering the size of it.

Does this mean we have lost another Masters Prem team? Coastal takes Surreys spot/name and Surrey drops?

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
  • Admin
Wouldn't Coastal FC as a club still hold a Masters Premier spot?

Technically, Surrey United didn't have a Masters Premier spot as they were relegated to Div 1, no? So if anything, the division should have an additional team right now if Surrey United was "gifted" a spot.

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Wouldn't Coastal FC as a club still hold a Masters Premier spot?

Technically, Surrey United didn't have a Masters Premier spot as they were relegated to Div 1, no? So if anything, the division should have an additional team right now if Surrey United was "gifted" a spot.

Is there another Coastal team taking the place of the one switching to Surrey?

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Is there another Coastal team taking the place of the one switching to Surrey?

No.

The "spot" shifts from Coastal to Surrey United. Last year's SUFC Masters Prem squad demoted to 1st div., where they'll do quite well.

That's the way I understand it unfolded, anyhow.

Really looking forward to the Temple / Temple derby!

Gurps

Mar 28, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Temple vs Temple Derby should be fun....

Looking forward to the season I am playing with the "new" Temple team that came up from Div 1. No idea how we will do....

The "other" Temple team will be very strong this season just based on some of the new additions that played with us during summer league games.

Gurps

Mar 28, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Playing in Burnaby not doing it for you?

I did enjoy the games close by and really like the guys on the team. One of the best group of guys I have every played with.

We got promoted back to Masters 1 but most of the guys are much older and didn't have any desire to play M1. So they declined. They are looking to move to over 45's.

Playing another season of M2 with 7 - 0 blowout wins was just not appealing. Goal is to play a season or two then go back and play over 45's once they make the move.

Not looking forward to the Tuesday night rainy drives out to Surrey for practice however.....

Gurps

Mar 28, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
45? You can be that old in 2 years? Wait, I'll be that old in two years.

W. T. F.
Ill be 42 in two years, I will qualify as they can play 3 under 45 I believe....let me know if you want to join us...short commute from Whistler:gurps:

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'd be a designated white guy.

No, I think the Howe Sound Soccer league is calling to me. Solid mix of beer leaguers and transplanted former UK pros / turned ski bums.

Last edited:

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Got an email last night that Temple were willing to host all 8 masters teams for 4 games on the opening weekend on grass at Newton. Fantastic idea. Hope this happens.

Did this happen? I'm gonna guess no.

Does anyone care anymore?

What's going on in this division this year?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts