Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Premier FVSL Premier 2019/20

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fat.Ronaldo7

Jun 26, 2020
Tokens
Dirty Money
Actually the league has stated that they will "review with the membership a proposal to kick off modified league play starting on Sep 18"

Membership could easily reject the proposal.
Hence why I said Rumor, kinda definition of Rumor. Thanks for clarification pal

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
You guys do know that kick in's and such are for THIS phase right? To allow some form of modified play to begin. Mostly aimed at kids. Like only now, until the next phase is approved and "normal" play will resume. It's not what you'll see when adult leagues open up, I'm guessing Thanksgiving. Ish.

All the glove wearing, hand sani, temp check stuff is to appease the towns who's fields you're using. Like so they don't get sued because they don't have safety protocols.

I fully support @YoAdrian wearing a mask full time and staying 6 feet from me tho. Breath like a wet glove in a plastic bag.

Last edited:

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
We are allowed to be pundits. You don't own me.

It is what it is. I hate that saying, but we have little control over it. At least munis aren't totally shutting it all down, at least there is a recognition as to the importance of health and wellness, and recreation during this pandemic. Just...some things that don't make any sense really bother me. Like you being able to formulate a sentence with 2.5 brain cells to spare....doesn't make sense.

Fcuk off, I'm busy.

lfc4

Sep 21, 2015
Tokens
Dirty Money
It's not.

But you are right.

I like to base my decisions on sound science.

I don't think there has been one case of COVID-19 reported / documented of transmission OUTSIDE playing sports. No, beach volleyball with 1,000 of your best friends doesn't count. If there has been, it is certainly an anomaly.

Being outside is your best friend, so far as safety from this virus. I understand when I see people walking, by themselves, outside, nobody around, wearing a mask. Fear is real, and fear can be irrational. If someone is uncomfortable, it is not my place to tell them to be comfortable, people need to do what they can to find their comfort.

Good hygene while playing sports is the answer. Frankly, wash your hands before and after playing the game. Have self control; keep your hands away from your mouth, eyes, until you can sanitize. Wear masks in the room. Don't overcrowd the room, or even use it at all.

I'm not an epidemiologist. Hell, I'm barely smart enough to tie my own shoelaces...but I've had to learn a lot about the nature of this virus in a very short period of time for our work. Outside- where we have literally the best form of air dilution possible, and where we have good spacing (yes, even in a soccer game), where general good hygiene, and where guidelines can be enacted about not showing up sick, symptomatic, or after international travel- is the safest bet.
Be easy to simply 'like' this post, but first props to Dude. About the most well thought out, rational post ever. Thank you to Mrs Dude for the proof read prior to knuckles hitting send.

Full disclosure, I have a very vested interest in soccer starting, but I do feel I have a pretty good handle on what's positive or negative for all of us in the short and hopefully long term. As much as I rolled my eyes once or twice reading through phase 2 restrictions, I came away overwhelmingly thinking lets get on with it. Kids and adults I have contact with on a daily basis are pumped, and ready for some normalcy, and fresh air, and exercise with their buds. And for all the reasons Dude had for outdoor activity, I agree. We all have our takes and interpretations on the numbers, but I feel like the province has such a good handle on who is getting tested that an increase in numbers found was inevitable.

If we have all managed staying fed through this, we can get through increased contact in soccer. Grocery stores are one step away from cruise ships imo, and we have had no massive issues there. We can surely get through this, with proper protocols in place, and strictly adhered to. Thankful no mention of directional arrows in the back to play guidelines.

And Yo Adrian, we all know how many adults are as committed as you are to training alone. You my friend are the only person I know that is out running doggies on his own, ever!

bulljive

Nov 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Has there been any mention of access to change rooms etc? My guess would be no access. If adults are showing up in Gear and having to leave right after, how much interest will there be.

I’ve been wondering this at the kids level. The young ones all train in gyms after October and I doubt schools will be giving access with the cleaning protocols. Weird times, I know I’m few and far between but I’ve enjoyed the no soccer. Not having every weekend booked with mine or mini jives soccer has been nice. Turns out lots of other things I enjoy doing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0