Premier FVSL Premier 2019/20

YoAdrian

Est
Sep 26, 2019
Reaction score
Tokens
Dirty Money
If Surrey have been able to attract talent why are they finishing 4th/5th every year in an inferior league when they used to run the VMSL and win provincial championships for fun?

Think the comment on uni players is a bit off, not saying TWU or UFV will win the league, but to say most of their players would be of Div 1 quality is a bit mental. Especially with the standard/quality on display in FVSL Prem. I’ll let you off as you did say you weren’t sure if that narrative has changed in the valley though.
I’ll bite. As technically still being “university age” and playing premier since I was 16, the top 4ish players per university can slot into premier no problem, the rest are depth players at best... it’s not necessarily skill level or technique, but definitely lacking in heart, compete and how to deal with the men’s game, yes there is a difference.

but that’s just my 2 cents it usually means fcuk all.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Est
Jul 23, 2001
Reaction score
Tokens
Dirty Money
I’ll bite. As technically still being “university age” and playing premier since I was 16, the top 4ish players per university can slot into premier no problem, the rest are depth players at best... it’s not necessarily skill level or technique, but definitely lacking in heart, compete and how to deal with the men’s game, yes there is a difference.

but that’s just my 2 cents it usually means fcuk all.
Yup. That about sums it up. Men’s is a harder game. or was. Maybe it’s changed but the uni and college kids were usually pretty easy to deal with, except for the exceptional players, who were, well, exceptional.

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts