Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Premier FVSL Premier 2019/20

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ronaldo. 07

Oct 7, 2019
Tokens
Dirty Money
Nobody
No reports on what happened in that game??????
Nobody wants to watch 2 garbage teams play. It's only our first year and we have randoms giving reports on our games. We're popular and have entertainment value.

Anyways portmoody has been struggling to field players for a while. U can tell when there are no subs and Donny kambere is playing outside mid.

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Cut & Paste...

February 19, 2020

From the Media Desk of the Fraser Valley Soccer League…

A table jolting first win of the season for an improved Vancouver United team may well have dealt the death blow to Port Moody’s title defense. Meanwhile a barn burner between Coastal and Langley saw Coastal grab a crucial three points to stay withing touching distance of league leaders Abbotsford, who won again this weekend. The games are rapidly running out as the UPL get set to reach a boil!

Here’s a recap of all of this week’s action:

Surrey United Firefighters 5-0 CCB Azad – Friday 8:45pm; Cloverdale Athletic Park #2

This Surrey derby was a close run affair through the opening half hour with both sides having chances. Surrey United found another gear just past the half hour mark though and were able to break the deadlock before the break when Ryan Uppal put in a spectacular cross for Nick Fussell to nod home. Into the second half, CCB began to push forward in search of an equalizer. However, Sebastian Colyn was sharp in goal for Firefighters as he made a trio of top saves to preserve the narrow Surrey lead. As CCB probed for an equalizer, Fussell and Jovan Sidhu were breaking up those attacks and getting Surrey going offensively. The CCB defense, along with goalkeeper Josh Banipal held United at bay for a time but they were finally breached when Uppal took it upon himself to double the home side’s lead. From there the CCB spirits seemed to wane and the fleet-footed Josh Miles took full advantage, firing home to put things on cruise control for Surrey. Tyler Henderson added another goal before Miles completed his brace in what ended up being a comfortable win for Surrey. Despite the loss, CCB continued to try and play a decent brand of football, led by their dynamic centre midfielder, Gagan Josan, along with Marius Ciobanu and Tyler De Jong. There were also decent performances by Parm Aujla and Brennan Naiker but it was not enough to earn CCB anything on this night.

Langley United 3-4 Coastal FC – Friday 9pm; Yorkson Turf

It was a proper top level tilt between two of the UPL’s most storied franchises out in Langley on Friday night. Coastal remain in the hunt at the top of the table, looking to reclaim the UPL title they ceded to Port Moody last season, while Langley United are trying to ensure they finish high enough up the table that there is no doubt about their participation in BC Soccer’s Provincial Cup tournament. There was no love lost between these two combative sides, with the two teams piling up seven yellow cards before this one was over. Langley’s young talent, Brody Thomas, who has had somewhat of a coming out party of sorts this season in the UPL, was at the forefront again on this night, scoring twice for Langley. Dawson Lindahl added another to give United every chance of getting something out of this match. However, Thomas and his Langley teammates were made to take notes by one of the UPL’s top performers, Coastal talisman Jake Starheim. Starheim had a hattrick on this night, lifting him to the top of the Golden Boot standings with nineteen goals for the campaign. A further goal by Sean Northcote ensured that Coastal had the offensive firepower they needed to take home all the points from this match and keep within touching distance of first place Abbotsford. Dalton San was instrumental in the win for Coastal, helping to propel the offense, while Scott Barling was a massive contributor in the midfield for Langley, who will feel hard done by with the not getting anything out of this game. The loss leaves Langley in fifth, three points behind Surrey United, with the top four sides in the UPL guaranteed a place in the Provincial Cup while fifth place will be left to wait and see who wins the Packenham Cup.

Abbotsford United 2-1 SAFC Red Bulls – Saturday 6pm; Mouat Turf #3

Life in first place is starting to become comfortable for Abbotsford United as they negotiated their way through a tricky test against SAFC Red Bulls in a match that they might way have let slip away. Abby got off to a dream start when an incisive ball through to Brady Weir by Manveer Dhillon allowed him to put it on a platter for Atle Koellmel to open the scored with a thumping finish. Despite conceding inside five minutes, SAFC showed their resolve by getting on the front foot and forcing Abbotsford keeper Mike Haldin into some sharp saves. The visitors then looked to have leveled the match when Emmanuel Ekeh bundled in from close range, but the goal was ruled out for a foul on Haladin in the buildup. SAFC defenders Dan Hamson and Dylan Jordan worked hard to repel the constant attacking threats of Abby’s Weir and Roshal Gosal, with goalkeeper Cameron Frost in top form to prevent any attacks that did get through to him, making two top saves in particular as well as cutting out a number of dangerous crosses and through balls. In the middle of the park there was an epic battle underway between Abbotsford’s Colton O’Neill and SAFC’s Hamadoun Issabre and Aymen Alkma with all three players putting in standout performances on the night. The score remained the same until half time when, on the other side of the break, Abbotsford once again made an ideal start. David Parfett began the move with a pinpoint diagonal ball to Mahek Gill and his cutback left Weir with a tap in to double the home side’s lead. It looked as though United might well kick on from there but, instead, SAFC pegged them back. Alkma struck a lovely free kick that rebounded off the post and Ayman Hamza was first to react, forcing it over the line to half the deficit. This reinvigorated the Red Bulls who pushed mightily for an equalizer and had three golden chances to claw themselves back level before ultimately running out of time. Abbotsford manager Alan Alderson was quick to acknowledge the test his team got from a game opponent in this match saying “SAFC were extremely hungry on the evening and certainly gave us some problems with their defending resolve and their speed and commitment on the counter.” At the end of the day, though, these are the kind of performances that a team needs to come out on the right side of if they are going to win a title and Alderson knows this, noting he was “proud of my guys for getting us to the final whistle and another three points.”

Port Moody Gunners 1-2 Vancouver United SC – Saturday 8pm; Trasolini Turf

After a few weeks of steadily improving performances with nothing to show for their efforts, things finally all clicked for Vancouver United away to the defending UPL Champions Port Moody. Both teams came out playing hard and fast in this match with Port Moody perhaps shading the early exchanges, but they were unable to solve United keeper Jaskaran Dhillon. Then United hit with a bit of a sucker punch when Jaskirat Sanghera took advantage of one of the visitor’s few chances to put them into a surprise lead. In the second half, as one might expect given the circumstances, Port Moody stepped up the intensity and the field was tilted towards the Vancouver end. Donny Kambere led the attacks and it seemed all but inevitable that the Gunners would eventually get on top in this match. However, some resolute defending by Rajvir Basi and a string of top saves from Dhillon kept the home side at bay. Vancouver United midfielder Gurpreet Hundal was doing yeoman’s work in the middle of the park, but was unfortunately forced off with what looks to be a potential season ending ankle injury. Simran Tiwana came on as his replacement and did a top class job of filling in for the injured Hundal. Once more, the sucker punch came when Vancouver earned a corner kick on a rare foray forward and Basi was the first to pounce on a loose ball to double the lead. United clung on and survived a late goal by the Gunner’s Dale Long to secure their first win of the season. The loss is a huge blow to Port Moody’s title bid but they have no choice other than to try to return to winning ways at the next time of asking.

BROWNS SOCIAL HOUSE PLAYER OF THE WEEK

This week’s Brown’s Social House Player of the week is Rajvir Basi from Vancouver United SC. Basi was instrumental in helping Vancouver United earn their first win of the season against Port Moody. The defender led the way on the backline, prevent numerous Port Moody attacks, allowing his side to hold on to a crucial three point which maintains their chance to avoid a last place finish and prevent any chance of automatic relegation.

Congratulations Rajvir, you’ve won a $25 gift card to Brown’s Social House!

THIS WEEK’S UPL SCHEDULE:

Fri 02/21/2020 8:45PM SAFC Red Bulls vs. Port Moody Gunners Cloverdale Ath. #1

Fri 02/21/2020 8:45PM CCB Azad vs. Coastal FC A Newton Ath. #4

Sat 02/22/2020 6:00PM Abbotsford United vs. Langley United Mouat Turf #3

Sat 02/22/2020 6:15PM Vancouver Utd. SC vs. Surrey Utd. Firefighters Hjorth Turf #1

After their surprise loss to last place Vancouver United, Port Moody will just about need to run the table in order to have any hope of retaining their UPL crown. That starts with this week’s match against SAFC Red Bulls who are still looking for that defining victory to against a top three side that would really mark their arrival at this level. They played leaders Abbotsford close last time out and, after Vancouver United’s success, they have to be thinking: why not? Although, there is a decent chance that the Gunners come out to try an make a statement in this match. Speaking of first place Abbotsford, they will have a tricky test against Langley who will be ornery as well following their narrow loss to Coastal. Those points were crucial for Coastal as well, with them looking like perhaps the only side who might be able to stop Abbotsford and in order to keep that pressure on they will need to bank all three points against a CCB side that could well be looking over their shoulder at Vancouver United all of a sudden. That Vancouver United side will hope to carry the momentum gained from a series of improving performances that ultimately led to their first win of the campaign into their match at home against Surrey United to round out another top class weekend of UPL action!

Send NEWS to media@fraservalleysoccer.com

And for more information on the FVSL go to fraservalleysoccer.com

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
One could argue draws with Abby and CFC are gained points this season, but the only win since the break is the $10er found outside Browns and CCB raising the white flag.

No pun or racism intended.

Ronaldo. 07

Oct 7, 2019
Tokens
Dirty Money
Not surprised at all by the first result!! Thought SAFC might’ve even stolen it from them! I thought the coastal score would be higher!! “Moral victories tho”

3-0 loss. We allready had 9 injuries last games striker broke his arm during the game. We started with 9 got a player around 10th minute and another around 30 minutes. Played a solid game considering most of our team isn't available. First half was pretty even. Second was as well. One goals was due to a clearance down the middle. One was a unlucky rebound and one was a soft pk. If we had our full squad ur looking at 2-0 us. Idk coastal isn't very good tbh. They might have been missing players but believe me this team has no business thinking about any titles let alone provincial silverware. I really hope they don't get matched up against vmsl side at provincial otherwise they gonna get the beer kicked outta them. In terms of port Moody's slide it has nothing to do with performances. Port Moody with their full squad if way better then safc. The main problem is they just don't have players right now.

WestCoastLad

Sep 28, 2015
Tokens
Dirty Money
3-0 loss. We allready had 9 injuries last games striker broke his arm during the game. We started with 9 got a player around 10th minute and another around 30 minutes. Played a solid game considering most of our team isn't available. First half was pretty even. Second was as well. One goals was due to a clearance down the middle. One was a unlucky rebound and one was a soft pk. If we had our full squad ur looking at 2-0 us. Idk coastal isn't very good tbh. They might have been missing players but believe me this team has no business thinking about any titles let alone provincial silverware. I really hope they don't get matched up against vmsl side at provincial otherwise they gonna get the beer kicked outta them. In terms of port Moody's slide it has nothing to do with performances. Port Moody with their full squad if way better then safc. The main problem is they just don't have players right now.
Dont know how you can bash SAFC when they show up week in week out and work their asses off regardless of # of players. They deserve to be in prem WAY more than either of you two bottom teams. They’ve rarely made the excuse about not having players when I’ve seen you use that excuse more times than Starheim has put the ball in the back of the net this season

Ronaldo. 07

Oct 7, 2019
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dont know how you can bash SAFC when they show up week in week out and work their asses off regardless of # of players. They deserve to be in prem WAY more than either of you two bottom teams. They’ve rarely made the excuse about not having players when I’ve seen you use that excuse more times than Starheim has put the ball in the back of the net this season
Where did being and not being in the league come from. When did I say safc doesn't work hard. Why u saying random shite that ain't true. What I said was Port Moody is missing players. Port Moody with their full squad wins against safc pretty easily lol. But yeah in terms of the excuses thing it's true. Nobody in the league has as many players out as us. But who cares. I'm surprised coastal is second I fancy safe against them as well. Abbotsford is winning the league. I called it at the beginning of the season because i know. Dynamic team that can score in so many ways with a deep squad.

BCSoccerWankerOuter

Aug 1, 2019
Tokens
Dirty Money
Where did being and not being in the league come from. When did I say safc doesn't work hard. Why u saying random shite that ain't true. What I said was Port Moody is missing players. Port Moody with their full squad wins against safc pretty easily lol. But yeah in terms of the excuses thing it's true. Nobody in the league has as many players out as us. But who cares. I'm surprised coastal is second I fancy safe against them as well. Abbotsford is winning the league. I called it at the beginning of the season because i know. Dynamic team that can score in so many ways with a deep squad.

I believe SAFC has beaten pmo with their whole squad on a few occasions. Facts are facts!! Opinions are opinions!! Big difference!! Youve been around for a cup of tea. I know the guys on pmo and they have said SAFC is a legit team. I agree Abbotsford has an awesome side, Coastal is just as awesome. I find it hard for you to belittle other sides who’re many points above you in the standings. Be careful of Vancouver might leap frog you!!

Ronaldo. 07

Oct 7, 2019
Tokens
Dirty Money
I believe SAFC has beaten pmo with their whole squad on a few occasions. Facts are facts!! Opinions are opinions!! Big difference!! Youve been around for a cup of tea. I know the guys on pmo and they have said SAFC is a legit team. I agree Abbotsford has an awesome side, Coastal is just as awesome. I find it hard for you to belittle other sides who’re many points above you in the standings. Be careful of Vancouver might leap frog you!!
Facts are facts Port Moody doesn't have players right now. The past few games they've had zero subs. That's why safc tied em, surrey united is also missing lots of players against safc that's why they lost to them. For fcuk sakes van united beat Port Moody and we all know why lol we are seventh because we haven't had a full squad all season luck is just not on our side. Ur looking at ccb in the top 4 if we only had a few injuries.
Those are facts.
U guys are delusional man I'm telling u wait a few seasons. U don't know what's coming.

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I don't get how premier teams at this time of the year can be "missing" players?

Other than maybe due to injury, what else could they be doing?
Missing is the new word for hurt, BUT as a fellow old dude seeing it first hand, I can honesty say, its such a different world now, literally bizzaro world from when we played. Beyond head scratching the level of soft that some of these players are. There are still some throw backs, like Donald's kid, beat'n with a wooden spoon after Sapperton lost to Peg, again, tough, but a large majority...

Are you hurt or are you injured does does not apply anymore, they're the same.

bizzaro.jpg

BCSoccerWankerOuter

Aug 1, 2019
Tokens
Dirty Money
Facts are facts Port Moody doesn't have players right now. The past few games they've had zero subs. That's why safc tied em, surrey united is also missing lots of players against safc that's why they lost to them. For fcuk sakes van united beat Port Moody and we all know why lol we are seventh because we haven't had a full squad all season luck is just not on our side. Ur looking at ccb in the top 4 if we only had a few injuries.
Those are facts.
U guys are delusional man I'm telling u wait a few seasons. U don't know what's coming.

heard from a good friend who was there. they {pmo} had 5+ subs last night. Safc had 2 subs and their starting CB show up just before half time!! Asked a friend before I came on here with a response to your lack of knowledge!!! Dig deeper sonny boy!!

WestCoastLad

Sep 28, 2015
Tokens
Dirty Money
Those are facts.
Top 4 of you guys only had a few injuries?? What a joke! 21 points out of 4th place surrey and they have a game in hand. Better start paying the young guys like Naiker if you want them to stick around. Any quality you have will end up at SU if you aren’t careful. Was really hoping you guys would draw a Div 1 team in Pak so you can see where you belong but enjoy a Langley thumping.

LION

Lifetime Better Bastard
Mar 24, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Missing is the new word for hurt, BUT as a fellow old dude seeing it first hand, I can honesty say, its such a different world now, literally bizzaro world from when we played. Beyond head scratching the level of soft that some of these players are. There are still some throw backs, like Donald's kid, beat'n with a wooden spoon after Sapperton lost to Peg, again, tough, but a large majority...

Are you hurt or are you injured does does not apply anymore, they're the same.

View attachment 27419

Bizarro world it is. You need to have 30 signed to have 14 out at a match these days. Hurt, sick, working, away, family dinner, parents birthday dinner, wedding, etc etc etc.
It’s exhausting and a joke really.
Too simple to reply in the group chat “I’m out tonight” these days. Guys don’t need to show up to the locker room to get the banter any more as it’s all in the group chat. Don’t need to phone the coach like the old days and tell him your a pussy and can’t make it.
Times have changed. These kids are soft as ever and don’t commit if they have to battle for minutes. They can always play for free somewhere else. I’ll stop here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts