Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Premier FVSL Premier 2019/20

Status
Not open for further replies.

LION

Lifetime Better Bastard
Mar 24, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
In saying that we have a great group at Coastal and have a great core that keeps it all together.
but already noticing the next wave of players don’t make footy a priority. The hammies tight, I’ll scroll through tinder on the couch tonight instead.
And we are talking games even. Texting “what’s the score” as they are “recovering” at home.

you needed to leave the house in the old days to have any social life. But now it’s too easy to put the Lulus on and tug one out at home with the VR headset.

it’s that damn mumble rap. Ruined it all. Music in my day was.......

Ronaldo. 07

Oct 7, 2019
Tokens
Dirty Money
Bizarro world it is. You need to have 30 signed to have 14 out at a match these days. Hurt, sick, working, away, family dinner, parents birthday dinner, wedding, etc etc etc.
It’s exhausting and a joke really.
Too simple to reply in the group chat “I’m out tonight” these days. Guys don’t need to show up to the locker room to get the banter any more as it’s all in the group chat. Don’t need to phone the coach like the old days and tell him your a pussy and can’t make it.
Times have changed. These kids are soft as ever and don’t commit if they have to battle for minutes. They can always play for free somewhere else. I’ll stop here.

I don’t want to admit it but your 100 percent right.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sounds like and old man dog pile....

Back in the day you didn’t dare miss a match if you could help it, and if you were injured, you still watched from the sideline if at all possible.

Get off my lawn.

ThiKu

Nov 14, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Bizarro world it is. You need to have 30 signed to have 14 out at a match these days. Hurt, sick, working, away, family dinner, parents birthday dinner, wedding, etc etc etc.
It’s exhausting and a joke really.
Too simple to reply in the group chat “I’m out tonight” these days. Guys don’t need to show up to the locker room to get the banter any more as it’s all in the group chat. Don’t need to phone the coach like the old days and tell him your a pussy and can’t make it.
Times have changed. These kids are soft as ever and don’t commit if they have to battle for minutes. They can always play for free somewhere else. I’ll stop here.

Yup, exhausting is the word. Just imagine what these same children would say if the coach didn't show-up to a practice without word, or a game without word? It'd be a mutiny and the players saying "he doesn't care."

Can't comprehend signing up for a team/group and then just not showing up.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yup, exhausting is the word. Just imagine what these same children would say if the coach didn't show-up to a practice without word, or a game without word? It'd be a mutiny and the players saying "he doesn't care."

Can't comprehend signing up for a team/group and then just not showing up.

Also...that weekly match was always, ALWAYS my favorite day of the week! Got even better when the league switched predominantly to evening matches. I can't comprehend not showing up, even if injured. I almost never missed those, maybe if I had work travel, that was it. Nothing was as good as the change room after a match. Like @knvb or @LION said, they all banter on the group chat now, so apparently that replaces locker room banter.

Lame.

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'd like to think it's the older I get the better it was, but it is... I can tell @LION wants to unload, but his tongue is bleeding from biting down.

I force my kid to sit there and watch me drink beer after game, it's an important life lesson, the least I can do for the lad. He can see me do it at home, sure, but not in a smelly room with 10 half naked dudes, unless of course it's Wednesday and we're at the wifes book club.

BCSoccerWankerOuter

Aug 1, 2019
Tokens
Dirty Money
spoke to a chilliwack fc player just now after reading they went undefeated in division 1!! Looks like they’re more then ready to step into premier next fall!!!! It’ll be nice to see a team who deserves it go up and compete!

now.. will azad Palani bring his side up if they finish second. My understanding is there’s suppose to be a playoff between the second last place team in premier and the second place team in D1?? @knvb can you confirm this??

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
2(d) At the completion of the schedule, promotion / relegation, where applicable shall be the top team/s promoted and the bottom team/s relegated except between Premier and Division One and Division One (1) & Division Two (2) which will be:

i - Promotion - Winner (1st Place) of Division 1 & Division 2
ii - Relegation - Bottom team in Premier (8th) and Division 1 (12th).
iii - Final spot in Premier will be determined by a two team playoff between the second bottom team in Premier (7th) and the second top team in Division 1 (2nd). In the event of a tie two (2) x 15 minute overtime followed by penalty kicks if necessary.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'd like to think it's the older I get the better it was, but it is... I can tell @LION wants to unload, but his tongue is bleeding from biting down.

I force my kid to sit there and watch me drink beer after game, it's an important life lesson, the least I can do for the lad. He can see me do it at home, sure, but not in a smelly room with 10 half naked dudes, unless of course it's Wednesday and we're at the wifes book club.
Well done.

@utah had @YoAdrian in the room all the time. Saw and heard too much, that kid. I brought mine around a lot, and though he didn’t turn out to be a footballer he loved hanging out.

WTF, these kids don’t know what they are missing.

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hold the phone, if I'm correct, CCB and Van U play each other twice before the end of the season and from what I saw from Van U Saturday, they're MUCH improved suddenly. Don't sleep on them.

WestCoastLad

Sep 28, 2015
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hold the phone, if I'm correct, CCB and Van U play each other twice before the end of the season and from what I saw from Van U Saturday, they're MUCH improved suddenly. Don't sleep on them.
Prediction: Van U hops CCB in standings AND beats Azad in the playoff to stay in prem (haven’t seen Azad’s team.. purely based on current form of van u) Any takers??? $$$$

Ronaldo. 07

Oct 7, 2019
Tokens
Dirty Money
Ccb will beat the piranhas 3-1 and keep their spot in prem.
Next year ccb finishes 4th place year after its coming home.

Don't @ me

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0