Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Premier FVSL Premier 2019/20

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ronaldo. 07

Oct 7, 2019
Tokens
Dirty Money
Preston gm lfc safc what a stupid name. Btw that is not the only merger in the fvsl. (Hint hint) I think we have new title contenders stay tuned.

akslop

Better Bastard
Jun 28, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Preston gm lfc safc what a stupid name. Btw that is not the only merger in the fvsl. (Hint hint) I think we have new title contenders stay tuned.

Glad you're alive man!!! Have to give credit where it's due. You're squad was ahead of the times. You guys started social distancing from the rest of the league long before it became a thing.

:gurps::dude::knvb::bronco::wa:

BigBadRedBull16

Jan 31, 2017
Tokens
Dirty Money
So the league is now running SAFC after the merger with LFC? ... would you look at that Cheeseburgler executive director of his 4th or 5th club in 3 years great planning. Congrats @knvb on the technical director position with the club.

I can confirm, the league (FVSL or TM) is not running SAFC’s side. A independent club that worked long and hard on their own joins a local club, it’s a simple move. We’re taking our side over to LFC. They will continue as they were prior to the merger with LFC. Both Mills and @knvb are definitely a huge boost for LFC as a club in its own.

I’d @ at the other guy who felt he had to give his 1 cent of input about the merger. But I have better things to do like sniff paint thinner.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I can confirm, the league (FVSL or TM) is not running SAFC’s side. A independent club that worked long and hard on their own joins a local club, it’s a simple move. We’re taking our side over to LFC. They will continue as they were prior to the merger with LFC. Both Mills and @knvb are definitely a huge boost for LFC as a club in its own.

I’d @ at the other guy who felt he had to give his 1 cent of input about the merger. But I have better things to do like sniff paint thinner.
@Ronaldo. 07

Fat.Ronaldo7

Jun 26, 2020
Tokens
Dirty Money
Heard through the grapevine after the cancellation of Canada west season, that both Trinity Western and UFV both looking to add teams in men’s premier for this season.
Both awaiting for official approval from their respective schools.
Will be interesting to see if it is their strongest teams or a mix of young guys to get minutes.

Fat.Ronaldo7

Jun 26, 2020
Tokens
Dirty Money
Is it really helpful to the league to have university teams join for 1 season?
Think you could argue both ways on that one.

Yes - pushes the overall standard and quality of the league up, would be two stronger games for other clubs. Means they don’t have to play teams like Vancouver united or @Ronaldo. 07 misfits ccb and beat them 6-0 each game which is a waste of time. If they don’t take provincial cup spots (which I would assume they wouldn’t) then only your crap clubs will complain about the added competition.

No - having teams join for a year will just be a temp stop gap at improving quality of the league.

Like I said both negatives and positives for sure.

BigBadRedBull16

Jan 31, 2017
Tokens
Dirty Money
Heard through the grapevine after the cancellation of Canada west season, that both Trinity Western and UFV both looking to add teams in men’s premier for this season.
Both awaiting for official approval from their respective schools.
Will be interesting to see if it is their strongest teams or a mix of young guys to get minutes.

would be an interesting approach for the league. You have to remember that some teams in the FVSL premier division held host to TWU and UFV players post university season. Have to think this will affect their rosters too.

BigBadRedBull16

Jan 31, 2017
Tokens
Dirty Money
I think that used to be the case not very much anymore

Not speaking in regards to Abbotsford United and their UFV connection. My understanding is A.A and his side’s content in regards to ufv players are mostly graduates. More senior side, No longer eligible for uni. How ever, Langley United, Surrey United and others would be certain to lose 1-5 guys who could’ve helped them. Along with first years that will be joining these institutions as a student athlete. Even schools like SFU, UBC and others are trying to figure out what to do for themselves and their players. This is certain, they’ll have what’s in favour for them as a whole put before a players want of where to play men’s soccer.

BigBadRedBull16

Jan 31, 2017
Tokens
Dirty Money
I love how things get speculated on then shite on before they're even close to things.

PS. I have nothing to do with anything Red Bulls. Don't @ me.

Heard it from the horses mouth. As said prior, SAFC will continue to be operated by the same bunch it was prior to this. Anything changes I’m sure you’d all know pretty quickly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts