Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Premier [FVSL Premier] Results & Banter November 2008

Status
Not open for further replies.

FVcascade

Sep 22, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: [FVSL Premier] Results & Banter October 08'

This is what i heard too for the PEU ABBY came. Mother goose with a PK to tie it up in the second half for Abby.

Ugly game today in the Ridge, some dodgy calls from the centre of the park, Cantana put us up early off a nice header off a cross, two quick goals from Langley at the start of the second and we fought back to get something out of it in the end....it was a big goal the last 2 minutes to tie it up by Craiger.

So we wait to see what happend with POCO ACBC

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: [FVSL Premier] Results & Banter October 08'

Seemoan Cracker finished with a VERY dodgy PK in the first for Abby. Horrible call, and PK for that matter, but it went in and obviously they'll take. We pretty much owed the entire game but we just couldn't finish our dinner. The moral victories are wearing thin.

1/2 PINT

Oct 3, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
As for the first post of the season....there are probably not enough things i can say about the first 8 weeks....I know how bad we have been at times... do I care to comment on some Div 1 players....not really, they are there for a reason.
I know this afternoon I should have had 2 for sure....maybe 3 one hit the post that should have been a for sure.
Maybe the first PK was dodgy... but we did have another coupled calls that should have been that were not. PAU should have done better on a couple chances also.... for all being all...the match probably matched what the result was.
Some people act like we sit a wait for all the players to come after their college season...do you think we like the way things unfold....loosing that bad for the first half of the season???
Give your heads a shake...if I only had to wait on a couple players I would...please tell me where the majic fountain of players is~!

bluebird

Mar 17, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
as for the first post of the season....there are probably not enough things i can say about the first 8 weeks....i know how bad we have been at times... Do i care to comment on some div 1 players....not really, they are there for a reason.
I know this afternoon i should have had 2 for sure....maybe 3 one hit the post that should have been a for sure.
Maybe the first pk was dodgy... But we did have another coupled calls that should have been that were not. Pau should have done better on a couple chances also.... For all being all...the match probably matched what the result was.
Some people act like we sit a wait for all the players to come after their college season...do you think we like the way things unfold....loosing that bad for the first half of the season???
Give your heads a shake...if i only had to wait on a couple players i would...please tell me where the majic fountain of players is~!

i cant make any sence of this at all its just drivel
1/2 pint sort your head out

knowone

Aug 21, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
crocker is off his rocker

1/2 pint, what are you on? i needs me a hit off that bong:cool:
you guys were lucky to get that point. your post and tangerine
boots' swing and miss were your only true chances along with a
couple half chances from outside the box. we had six or seven
complete bedshittings on glorious chances. our changeroom after
the game resembled a morgue... that is until the pints kicked in.
once again our finishing cost us points:mad:

cascadesoccer

Oct 7, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
As for the first post of the season....there are probably not enough things i can say about the first 8 weeks....I know how bad we have been at times... do I care to comment on some Div 1 players....not really, they are there for a reason.
I know this afternoon I should have had 2 for sure....maybe 3 one hit the post that should have been a for sure.
Maybe the first PK was dodgy... but we did have another coupled calls that should have been that were not. PAU should have done better on a couple chances also.... for all being all...the match probably matched what the result was.
Give your heads a shake...if I only had to wait on a couple players I would...please tell me where the majic fountain of players is~!

How don't you wait on players? every year you're crap out of the gate until your ufv boys are back then you are a good team. Of course you don't like getting your ass' handed to you, who would? But if you didn't wait on players, you would have a strong team come september and not november. I guess those other players that come late into the year were just working on the farm team to make it to the top flight :rolleyes:

bulljive

Nov 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
How don't you wait on players? every year you're crap out of the gate until your ufv boys are back then you are a good team. Of course you don't like getting your ass' handed to you, who would? But if you didn't wait on players, you would have a strong team come september and not november. I guess those other players that come late into the year were just working on the farm team to make it to the top flight :rolleyes:

I think what he is saying is they don't have an option. It's not like there are 8 premier guys out in abby not playing. They put the best team they have on the field until the premier guys arrive. I don't think they are waiting for guys as much as they are just shite without them. In a few years when the whole team isn't in college they will be strong come September and the right age and maturity to take a run at the league title.

bluebird

Mar 17, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
I think what he is saying is they don't have an option. It's not like there are 8 premier guys out in abby not playing. They put the best team they have on the field until the premier guys arrive. I don't think they are waiting for guys as much as they are just shite without them. In a few years when the whole team isn't in college they will be strong come September and the right age and maturity to take a run at the league title.

the majority wont play for abbey beyond their college days ....it seems right now they dont have a choice if they want to play college ball next year they must play abbey this year, or thats what i hear they are being told. second / third hand i know, but its from guys who have been in that system.
what happens now to the guys who have been there from the seasons start, are they cut or just benched until the college guys choose not to play this game or that, depending on travel, rain or dancing with the stars is on the box..... it must suck to be 8/9 games in and be told thanks but we dont need you any more
it has to be getting harder and harder to fill that early season roster which is maybe why they have had the start they have had

Hall3

Sep 11, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
North Delta 4
Aldergrove 2

It was a miracle that we managed to play this game. It rained so hard we had to change fields. ND finished their chances and we missed a couple otherwise this would be a tie game. Both teams did not have a bench. Where are all of the players out there? Nobody wants to play premier ball anymore? It must be because they don't want to practice twice a week. Those teams who have solid numbers coming out to training be thankful because there are a lot of teams struggling to find committed guys.

nani17

Sep 14, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
first of all abby had two UFV guys come into the squad vs. PAU...
Abby had first half, pau the second
both teams did not finish their chances in the game.... enough said

ghouse

May 30, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
3-2 Poco. Good game. Fast paced. We did it once again. Blew the lead late. Credit to Poco who's goalie came up big. We just couldn't Finnish all our chances and they pressed and our d buckled late. Good game no cards. Can't wait to play them again as our younger guys are learning alot and were only getting better. Now on to PAU. Not getting Easyer that's for sure.

bluebird

Mar 17, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
3-2 Poco. Good game. Fast paced. We did it once again. Blew the lead late. Credit to Poco who's goalie came up big. We just couldn't Finnish all our chances and they pressed and our d buckled late. Good game no cards. Can't wait to play them again as our younger guys are learning alot and were only getting better. Now on to PAU. Not getting Easyer that's for sure.

GHOUSE did you switch keepers in that game at some point

Cantona

Oct 6, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
So everybody has played once. The league is shaping up nicely. PAU in the lead the entire way. It's very tight for the top 4 spots. We got a draw against Langley and we're sitting in 4th, a win and we we're on top of the league.

A have to say I am astounded that Langley is up near the top. They show up with 11 guys and humped the ball up the field the whole freakin match. By far the ugliest football I have seen from a team with some points.

We owned them and ya they we're up late in the game but they had no business getting any points. Im pretty sure Halloween the night before didnt help us too much either cuz some of our guys we're just a little off and it cost us.

Langley's first goal a fluke header from a long throw the guy flicked in the net, a weird one. The 2nd goal, this one I know Martin wants back. Our centre back is bringing the ball up the middle of the park just over half and there striker comes sliding in studs up from well behind him, and his pal goes in for a breakaway. It reminded me of the Horvath mugging in our game against PAU for the only goal i might add.

These are 2 occasions the the Ref missed a blatant call costing us a huge goal and even bigger 3 points.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not making excuses I am only pointing out what actually happened. Its not my opinion if it really happened that makes it a fact. But who cares its over and we're looking ahead sitting in a nice spot for the 2nd half. Playing all the teams again is goin to be so much better knowing what we're up against.

Good luck to all teams in the 2nd half.

ghouse

May 30, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
no. Same goalie. Odog was supposed to return last night after almost a year out with his knee. But he got a hip flexer problem dureing training and needs another 3 weeks.

bluebird

Mar 17, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
no. Same goalie. Odog was supposed to return last night after almost a year out with his knee. But he got a hip flexer problem dureing training and needs another 3 weeks.

the guy looked real good in the first half so what did he drink or smoke at half time
the third goal looked so much like doggiedoo's flapping at a corner and getting stuck in no mans land but i have to say it was a great ball in

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts