Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Premier [FVSL Premier] - Results & Banter - Oct. 04'

Which has surprised you most?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Skip

Jan 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
"As the Chutney Turns"

kokanee said:
One of them, litterly had tears in his eyes in the chilli game because he didnt start

Are you sure he wasn't crying because he forgot his mittens? It can be darn cold on the sidelines without mittens you know. :D

~S

P.S. I think I speak for all when I say, please do your best to stop "littering".

crafty cokcney

Nov 25, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
LFC2 said:
And 5-3. Great for the fans, but a touch leaky. As much as Crafty likes scoring 5, 3 against garners just as much attention.

9 times out of 10 you would be right, but in this case, when the end result was never going to be an issue after the first ten minutes, it was most definetely more important to keep scoring. However, it is never good to concede three goals in a game, regardless of who you are playing. A major lesson was learnt for our lads on how a game can turn very quickly if you ease off and drop the intensity and concentration levels. I don't think the ball came out of their half for the first eight minutes and by that time we were 2-0 up. Then the dynamics of the game changed as we never turned the screws like we should of and the end result after 20 minutes was 2-2. My point here LFC2, was it was far more important for me to see if we could then respond and change the game back, which we did in spades and scored two more goals before half time. Scoring restores confidence throughout the team and the rest will then fall into place. We played very conservatively in the second half and kept the ball and the boys realized their mistake on how things went wrong in the first half.
The lesson here is do not take any team for granted because it will come back to haunt you. We did it last night for about ten minutes and it cost us two very bad goals. By the way, their third goal was a cracker. Good build up and great finish. Not much you can do about those.

Two ties in the remaining games this week would be good and would only separate the top team through to the eighth by six points. With some teams a very significant game in hand.... ;)

Cheers

Aves

Jan 5, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dude said:
Like Aves and his dedication to the game :rolleyes: , I have worked hard at my cnutness. As they say, success is really just repetition, repetition, repetition.

Now fcuk off. I'm too busy for this.

just as well you stick with the cnutness, cause I'm not sure the repetition is working for you with the soccer thing...but by all means keep it up!

oh ya , I forgot the :rolleyes:
and here's a :D too

kokanee

Sep 16, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
cainy said:
So Raiguy was in Hungry and now he is in the Carribiean, Kokanee was in Victoria, and only one of the 2 players involved in the transfer was able to play this weekend because of work commitments. I hope i got it all right, i need to update my personal records Thanx :rolleyes:

Skip was my teacher, need I say more ;)

sixfyv

Apr 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
crafty cokcney said:
We did it last night for about ten minutes and it cost us two very bad goals.
To defend myself, they were bad goals because of defensive break-downs
(both were taken in full stride within 12 yards of goal) not from my normal swiss-cheese style 'tending. :D

sixfyvalittlebitsensitiveaboutpostsregardingbadgoals

LFC2

Sep 8, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
sixfyv said:
any more insight, LFC2? or is that it?

Ok, ala Coach at 3AM, but earlier because CAT calls at 11. I've had a couple so maybe not the best take. 0-0 at half, we scored early in the second on a rocket that Millsy simply either mistimed or could not handle, take your pick. Heiny finally scores. We scored with 20 left, and they made it close with 5 to go. IMO, a very good game for us with allot of missing bodies to suspensions and injuries and work. Dressed 13 which included a 16 and 18 year old who both did extremely well for their first premier game. Both with lots of big game experiience with club and BC. GEU with only 11 dressed, but full marks to them, a very tough team to play still. I have to say I have to believe our best soccer is yet to come. Maybe just the booze talking! Here we go Whalley, here we go.

sixfyv

Apr 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
still can't understand GEU, though... hot, cold, hot, cold... have they all put it in cruise-control until next year in O-35s?

from domination to mediocrity in one season. very odd. perhaps sage, cainy, or aves can explain how this happens :eek:

simmer down nation... just a joke... congrats on getting it back on track.

coach

Mar 3, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Looking forward to taking in the PAU nations game against Whalley today.
First time seeing Super Cooper, Hairy the Bird, and good old S U Aves at the back.
Should be a quick paced match against the young and always dangerous Whalley boys.
Does Cainy still play or is sir Alex just marching the lads onward?
Sage please don't disapoint the always anxious crowd today please!

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
My apologies to the GEU boys for not making the game. Would loved to have come and helped out but the work was holding me back.
I understand GEU finished the game with 2 injured players having to play as they had not subs.
Sounds like our CAT team today with 4-5 youth players and our coach being the 11th player.
Well, starting next week we should be able to field both teams with a couple subs each as the college boys come back.

Good for the Premier boys for making a game of it with only 11.

Skip

Jan 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
crafty cokcney said:
Skip,

Wanted to attend, but had commitments with my daughters game. Hopefully you can give me a more detailed run down as we play Whalley next week.

Cheers

I could do that for you Crafty, but of course, one man's opinions are just that. T'would be nice to have some of my teammates log on once in a gawd-damned while, and share their insights. :rolleyes:

Whalley looked energetic today, and worked hard. To be honest, I think we struggled. We have not played a solid game at home yet this season IMO. They outchanced us in the first half I thought, even though Sage scored the only goal midway through the half. We took more control in the second, as they showed some signs of fatigue while we brought on fresh legs. Billy Jackson added a second to go up 2-0. Whalley scored the nicest goal of the game from a ball slotted through by N. Tesoni, finished top right corner on a nice hit from the corner of the 18 yard box. No chance for our keeper.

Whalley play well together. Sandro is dangerous up front if he is given space, or if the defenders cheat a bit. He can burn you if you don't give him a little respect. Similarly, I am always amazed at how well Big Nick moves with the ball at his feet. He can turn, and find the right pass quickly. You would be wise to do what you can to minimize his time with the ball. Also, I like their backline, especially the two greek lads. Very aggressive and they win most of the junk in the air. If you want to get past them, you have to keep it on the ground and move it fast.

Once again, just one man's opinion.

~S

Sage

Jan 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Oh, alright Skip, I guess I can help you out with a little color-commentary here.

I agree with Skip, we didn't have our best game today. I thought we started nervous ( don't know why) and it was ugly early on. We started to play it around a bit in the later stages of the first half, and we got a goal from it off a corner. They had a couple nice shots on goal, one of them blocked on the line.

Second half, we took more control of the game, and played better. BJ scored a nice side-footer from the top of the box to put us up 2-0. I thought we'd be able to play it out from there, but we stopped stroking it around.... this made them come at us more, and they scored a cracker from ~20 yards.... now I have to say something here: The guy who scored ran a third of the field, then slid on his knees for ~10 yards like he scored the golden goal in the World Cup final :rolleyes: ... while they're down 2-1 :rolleyes: Even his own team mates were telling him to get the fcuk up :D

Anyhow, that's all I got. Three points for us and it keeps us on top for now, which is key. A tough game next week against our nemesis... the GN boys!!

striker12

Aug 18, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Storm 1 Pau 2

As the frustration sinks in alls I can say is that when your hot your hot and when your not...well here we are. I thought Sage and Skip had a good game outline, after a good start by us we got let down with a lucky goal off a corner in the late stages of the first half. I think it when off Sages shoulder at the front post and then redirected off our defender which gave our goalie no chance to react. The second half was pretty even with chances both ways, unlucky not to get one but that's the was it's going these days. Damn Peace Arch is deeeepp. When you have Spearsly and Mcqueed(Sp?) (who could start on any team) coming off the bench late in the game it gives them a big boost. Not to mention the 3 or 4 other subs they made at half. OK, Stepchild I'll give you some credit to you insight earlier in the year (some, but not much).

It was nice to see us getting back to playing a decent game for ninety minutes and I know that with time and more experience we'll be battling for points.

Crafty, don't worry about nick and sandro (what about Big Mikey though?), you should watch out for our goalie...The only way to beat him is to hit the very top corner :D

Red Dragon

Oct 23, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: Storm 1 Pau 2

PAU versus Whalley

What a mess of a game...to watch and to play. Whalley does have some tallent on the back line and with Nick and Sandro, but instead of passing and controlling the ball, we tried to muck it up with them. Their center midfield runs all day long and every time our midfielders got the ball, they had a body on them.

I can say that compared to last year (even though I hardly played due to the injury), we seem to have a lot more character this year. We are winning the mucker games. Last year we won the big games but lost the tough ones.

Look forward to GN this weekend. They had our number last year and we struggled against them. Then again, we had GEU'S number last year and they beat us :rolleyes:

Look forward to a good battle.

From Red Dragon's wisdom and banter, comes a lot of sleepy people.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0