Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

FVSL Preseason Rumours 2016/17

Status
Not open for further replies.

cascadesoccer

Oct 7, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
I apologize on behalf of R-Tee guys. I have no doubt that he has been shaking from TTP withdrawls all summer and needed to say something without any thought before he exploded. VMSL had a great showing at provincials this year for sure. Dynamo wasnt there to witness it this time. #masters2017
sign me up

SmartCoach

Oct 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Not so fast, the FVSL has a new initiative to award ice cream to each provincial cup team for a win or a nutmeg... its a progressive plan that only has positives. We're also bringing in Saudi Money as well as games will be played in the streets to further propel soccer into the next generation... or some such.
We have total control of all official Saudi
Funds Big sponsorship wow going to
VMSL

R-Tee

Mar 16, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
I apologize on behalf of R-Tee guys. I have no doubt that he has been shaking from TTP withdrawls all summer and needed to say something without any thought before he exploded. VMSL had a great showing at provincials this year for sure. Dynamo wasnt there to witness it this time. #masters2017
I never put any timeline on the emergence of fvsl dominance. I of course admit Vmsl is king for now and foreseeable future. But mere demographics would suggest sheer numbers in the fvsl region eventually surpassing the city proper.
I do commend people for their passion to play footy in the city. I mean 2000$ for a basement suite on kingsway and naniamo behind the gas station is a steep price to pay to count yourselves among the elite of men's beer league soccer (unless you have a million dollars to buy a crack shack in strathcona)
Sure lots of players in the Vmsl have come from "somewhere" in terms of soccer background but nobody is going "anywhere"
Berkamp you twerp:D

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I never put any timeline on the emergence of fvsl dominance. I of course admit Vmsl is king for now and foreseeable future. But mere demographics would suggest sheer numbers in the fvsl region eventually surpassing the city proper.
I do commend people for their passion to play footy in the city. I mean 2000$ for a basement suite on kingsway and naniamo behind the gas station is a steep price to pay to count yourselves among the elite of men's beer league soccer (unless you have a million dollars to buy a crack shack in strathcona)
Sure lots of players in the Vmsl have come from "somewhere" in terms of soccer background but nobody is going "anywhere"
Berkamp you twerp:D

Except, I think I said the exact same thing about 15 years ago on TTP. Things haven`t changed. Perhaps we are one day closer to seeing pigs fly.

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
for those not paying attention... games that were once 6/7-0 in provincial cup play 10 years ago are now 1 goal games. a decent portion in overtime or penalties. It has changed.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
But it still hasn`t changed. Until the FVSL wins the Provincials, it hasn`t changed the results. Inroads, sure, but this year the FVSL was skunked.

-Captain Obvious.

cascadesoccer

Oct 7, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
But it still hasn`t changed. Until the FVSL wins the Provincials, it hasn`t changed the results. Inroads, sure, but this year the FVSL was skunked.

-Captain Obvious.
That's what happens when our athletes aren't funded and specially trained. VMSL = Russia/Saudi Arabia (winning cheats) FVSL= Canada (happy go lucky and everyone likes us)

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I disagree, the level has changed....one way or the other. its just not changed over, granted. Working hard at it. I'm only pointing out the once giant gap (insert mom joke here) isn't as wide as it once was...

when you write
Except, I think I said the exact same thing about 15 years ago on TTP. Things haven`t changed. Perhaps we are one day closer to seeing pigs fly.
...well, IMO, they have.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
...including you saying it`ll never change. :D

Closing the gap is nice (pun), but you won`t be able to claim equality until such day that the FVSL actually wins one.

Check that: wins one, then doesn`t fcuk off to the VMSL the very next year.

Bergkamp2.0

Aug 7, 2014
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well, I would say that the overall level is pretty balanced. With the top VMSL teams being a bit better. (DIV 2) But, as mentioned, when you're paying players to play in div 2, it's going to attract guys. So one can argue that fvsl is right on par because we have what we have and we don't 'buy' a prov cup winning team, we just 'pay' the price for doing so. See what I did there. Ahhh yes. I think that apart of the problem is guys like R-Tee still looks at his soccer as beer league. I'd call the bottom half of div 4C beer league. if you're playing for a provincial spot, it ain't beer league. If you look at it as a beer league, then go play beer league and quit dragging down this FVSL trophy bid

cascadesoccer

Oct 7, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
So what if you're well above a div 4 level but still want to play "beer league" should you sacrifice yourself for everyone else and go play div4, or just play where you want have fun?

Bergkamp2.0

Aug 7, 2014
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well, I would say that the overall level is pretty balanced. With the top VMSL teams being a bit better. (DIV 2) But, as mentioned, when you're paying players to play in div 2, it's going to attract guys. So one can argue that fvsl is right on par because we have what we have and we don't 'buy' a prov cup winning team, we just 'pay' the price for doing so. See what I did there. Ahhh yes. I think that apart of the problem is guys like R-Tee still looks at his soccer as beer league. I'd call the bottom half of div 4C beer league. if you're playing for a provincial spot, it ain't beer league. If you look at it as a beer league, then go play beer league and quit dragging down this FVSL trophy bid

My point/opinion is that if there are guys that play at a high level and still consider it beer league, then the mentality is just another obstacle in achieving higher goals. I understand it's just one yee-haw expressing his thoughts, but it still says something.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Straight into Premier?

There must be more to the background to allow that? Like West Van, there was obviously some pedigree there....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0