Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

FVSL Rumours, News and Updates

Status
Not open for further replies.

BCSoccerWankerOuter

Aug 1, 2019
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hearing that Langley United’s Premier team will potentially be the best team in premier this fall. They’ve added some late and key signees. Losing Andrew Hicks to Calgary is unfortunate for them. Will Colton Keam be able to hold his own?

KingFisher

Dec 12, 2018
Tokens
Dirty Money
Rumors going around that Vancouver United are close to signing 3 players from Coastal, 2 from one of VMSL Premier's top teams and 3 UBC starters after university season. Money playing a big part allegedly

BCSoccerWankerOuter

Aug 1, 2019
Tokens
Dirty Money
Rumors going around that Vancouver United are close to signing 3 players from Coastal, 2 from one of VMSL Premier's top teams and 3 UBC starters after university season. Money playing a big part allegedly

Can we get some potential names? Let’s make this. Juicy one.

Canucks4Ever

Jan 9, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
If this is true I would expect the FVSL to come down incredibly heavy on this to back up their ongoing complaints pertaining to VMSL teams paying players.

SofaKingGood

Sep 9, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
If this is true I would expect the FVSL to come down incredibly heavy on this to back up their ongoing complaints pertaining to VMSL teams paying players.
May be a diff tropic altogether but how much does the FVSL and or other leagues pay their admins/execs, etc?
It would be interesting to know and compare to see how much of our fees go to these guys.
And are all leagues in the red/black and why or why not?
The amount of $ being spent on “amateur” soccer (players possibly, execs, refs etc is ridiculous).

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
May be a diff tropic altogether but how much does the FVSL and or other leagues pay their admins/execs, etc?
It would be interesting to know and compare to see how much of our fees go to these guys.
And are all leagues in the red/black and why or why not?
The amount of $ being spent on “amateur” soccer (players possibly, execs, refs etc is ridiculous).

The Fraser Valley Soccer League Association is a registered non-profit society. As a result they should be providing financial statements to all members at their Annual General Meeting. Go to the next AGM, read the financials, and you should have all your answers.

LaFlamaBlanca

Aug 24, 2019
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hearing that Langley United’s Premier team will potentially be the best team in premier this fall. They’ve added some late and key signees. Losing Andrew Hicks to Calgary is unfortunate for them. Will Colton Keam be able to hold his own?
Can confirm Colton Keam will not have to hold his own as he has retired from the local football scene

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
We will see in my opinion what they’ve decided in Masters is complete shambles. Masters is rough as it is with competitive people unable to slow their momentum and often arriving late. How is this enjoyable for the top end of masters premier? Omari and venny running at 45 year old beer guts. Yah makes sense.

Honestly Dude I don’t understand your view of disbanding or going up with ND. They are where they should be. Yah ok they won the title the last two years but they aren’t some force. They aren’t dominating the division. What they are doing is helping prepare teams that actually have ambitions of moving up by creating a better level of div.1. That team would be trampled in premier and I mean trampled. They aren’t looking to be highly competitive and serious. What level should they play then? Hammer everyone in div.4? There is maybe one player on that team that could be a premier player on a top 5 side.

This is the most invalid argument. Promotion and relegation is football. You know that as well as anyone. In Open, it’s known going in. So, if you are so competitive as to win the division, well, you go up and add in the appropriate pieces so as to not get trampled and to stay up. Older guys or less skilled, you now move on if you aren’t up to the task. It’s happened to me, happens to most players. Not all are Jeff Clarke and ageless. Wanting to “Play with friends” is the lamest excuse.

bulljive

Nov 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
It’s lame to you because you are a highly competitive human that bikes 70miles, runs a business, played men’s premier and knew when his time came to not be at the top. sorry guys can’t play a recreation sport with friends ? Why not? There are 3 people at these games.
I’m with you Dude, I get it. But I’m built a certain way and recognize some people aren’t. So what there is no place for that in men’s league soccer? Playing with buddies?seems bizarre to me. A place we pay to go to, few hours away from the wife and kids. I need to stop playing with friends and play with better players instead? Why?

Div.1 is rec in my opinion. This whole promotion/relegation is far fetched in the valley at the moment. There aren’t enough good players/teams. Every year they take in joe blow teams from summer league trying to make the league legit.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
It’s lame to you because you are a highly competitive human that bikes 70miles, runs a business, played men’s premier and knew when his time came to not be at the top. sorry guys can’t play a recreation sport with friends ? Why not? There are 3 people at these games.
I’m with you Dude, I get it. But I’m built a certain way and recognize some people aren’t. So what there is no place for that in men’s league soccer? Playing with buddies?seems bizarre to me. A place we pay to go to, few hours away from the wife and kids. I need to stop playing with friends and play with better players instead? Why?

Div.1 is rec in my opinion. This whole promotion/relegation is far fetched in the valley at the moment. There aren’t enough good players/teams. Every year they take in joe blow teams from summer league trying to make the league legit.

Yeah, it’s called Masters. Or split the squad. Move some guys on, recruit younger players to fill, and fcuking compete in Prem. They knew the deal. Lame.

TheMegr

Nov 7, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
This is what's happening in Masters this year..

We play every team once (14 games) then:
the Top 4 teams will be considered 1A and play each other for the remaining 6 games (home & Away). Top 3 and Masters A cup winner qualify for BC A cup
The next 4 teams (5th thru 8th) will be considered 1B play each other for remaining 6 games (home & away). Top 2 and two Master B cup finalists qualify for BC B cup

Remaining 7 teams (1C) play each other once (6 games). (opposite home/away of their first game against each other)

We were supposed to be in div.2 (where we belong) then we got the call two weeks ago we were bumped to div.1 because of a couple new teams, ok we can handle that, then we were told we are now mixed in with Premier teams! So frustrated....
FVSL_Division_Alignment_2019-2020.png

LION

Lifetime Better Bastard
Mar 24, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yes it’s left lots frustrated from what I hear. But I believe the league needed to do this to make it work for their 4 premier teams. And also keep their spots in the BC’s. As a 4 team premier league where everyone makes provincials could not happen.

Not going to be fun to drive out and play a premier team and get smashed 10-0 on a Friday night. I can see some forfeits happening for sure.
What’s the fun in showing up and knowing your way way out of your league. What’s the fun in it for the premier teams too?
The gap in skill from premier to Div1 alone was massive. I can’t imagine div2 to premier.
It will get better once the division breaks up on those 3 different groupings. Good luck getting there!

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
31 teams in div 2. WTF. Take 21, move 10 into 3 to make a new 10 team 3rd div, and bump the remaining down to 4 and make a 5 if need be. It always amuses me how guys would rather say they play 'Div. 2', even if its a watered down div 2. Way back there was a time when there were two div. 1 tables- A, B- and the same in 2, just because guys didn't want to be called div. 3.

Anyhow, Masters is a way tougher puzzle, and you almost need to deal with it on year over year basis. This makes as much sense as any.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yes it’s left lots frustrated from what I hear. But I believe the league needed to do this to make it work for their 4 premier teams. And also keep their spots in the BC’s. As a 4 team premier league where everyone makes provincials could not happen.

Not going to be fun to drive out and play a premier team and get smashed 10-0 on a Friday night. I can see some forfeits happening for sure.
What’s the fun in showing up and knowing your way way out of your league. What’s the fun in it for the premier teams too?
The gap in skill from premier to Div1 alone was massive. I can’t imagine div2 to premier.
It will get better once the division breaks up on those 3 different groupings. Good luck getting there!

May be time for the leadership of the VMSL and FVSL start talking about a merged Masters Prem.

LION

Lifetime Better Bastard
Mar 24, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Why would VMSL want to merge? Have you seen the prem Division there?
10 teams. Not one weak team. And just got stronger with Peg joining this season.
What would be the point?

BCSoccerWankerOuter

Aug 1, 2019
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hearing that Abbotsford open premier team has been saying they’ll “run over” the rest of the premier division. They’ve signed 3 players under the age of 19. Should be an interesting go for them. Seem to have their confidence up.

BCSoccerWankerOuter

Aug 1, 2019
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hearing SAFC’s premier side have lost their stand out central midfielder from this spring to a unknown Division 3 side. Jason O’Hara will be a significant loss to their middle of the park for this fall. Looked to be a key player for them in the final this spring against Thomas Mills side PMO.

Abby United

Jan 30, 2016
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hearing that Abbotsford open premier team has been saying they’ll “run over” the rest of the premier division. They’ve signed 3 players under the age of 19. Should be an interesting go for them. Seem to have their confidence up.
Dont talk about teams your not associated with. Nothing like that is and will be said out the Abby crew.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0