Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Games TV Coverage

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I've flicked through all the networks broadcasting the games today. The Canadian ones are doing there usual decent, but not specatacular job.

NBC on the other hand, well, they're American so what did I expect??

I've flicked them on two or three times today, and have been suprised by the amount of negativity so far. Last night it was the Luge course for obvious reasons. All day today it's been how the cauldron in BC Place didn't come up and the weather at Cypress. Bob Costas was talking to a Weather Channel guy who was saying how great the weather up there was and all Bob could say was "yeah but. yeah but". Brutal.

Seems they don't want these games to eclipse Salt Lake.

ghouse

May 30, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well ...they are telling the tuth..The weather is not good. Its raining on the Womens Moguls...The Canceling of the downhill..For the same reason they took Whistler off of the WorldCup tour a few years ago I might add.
The cauldron did malfunction.But to most Canadians its ok cause again we strive for mediocracy...And there was a death where if they had plexiglass up it most likely would have been just a bad fall...I mean those exposed beams should have been covered. First thing the entire world says when watching the accident... and They were warned by everyone that this track was dangerous over a year ago.
So far the Olympics have been second to SaltLake,and actually worse than that. Most people in the world are going to remember the bad things way before the good. Thats human nature. If the weather doesnt turn around..just wait and see what the press will be saying.
So get ready you aint heard the last of the bad shti yet. Its just starting.
Remember we only hear what our media wants us to hear...My roomy from Brasil is following the Olympics from his Computer from Brasil and its not a pretty picture the media is painting around the world.

bulljive

Nov 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well ...they are telling the tuth..The weather is not good. Its raining on the Womens Moguls...The Canceling of the downhill..For the same reason they took Whistler off of the WorldCup tour a few years ago I might add.
The cauldron did malfunction.But to most Canadians its ok cause again we strive for mediocracy...And there was a death where if they had plexiglass up it most likely would have been just a bad fall...I mean those exposed beams should have been covered. First thing the entire world says when watching the accident... and They were warned by everyone that this track was dangerous over a year ago.
So far the Olympics have been second to SaltLake,and actually worse than that. Most people in the world are going to remember the bad things way before the good. Thats human nature. If the weather doesnt turn around..just wait and see what the press will be saying.
So get ready you aint heard the last of the bad shti yet. Its just starting.
Remember we only hear what our media wants us to hear...My roomy from Brasil is following the Olympics from his Computer from Brasil and its not a pretty picture the media is painting around the world.

Shut up Ghouse, you're a fukcing clown...thanks for the cheap jet ski

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I agree with Ghouse on this one........it has been a terrible start to the Olympics and the weather has been a disaster.......:(

And don't even get me started on the Heineken House line-ups. Bloody Dutch are taking over the place. :mad:

bulljive

Nov 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
I agree with Ghouse on this one........it has been a terrible start to the Olympics and the weather has been a disaster.......:(

And don't even get me started on the Heineken House line-ups. Bloody Dutch are taking over the place. :mad:

Weather can't be controlled, so I don't see that as a reflection of what type of Olympics are being presented. As for the Luge incident, I'm sure every track has had some sort of structural pillar where the same incident could have happened. They don't put up barriers as they aren't supposed to fly out. Obviously things haven't started to smooth but I just don't see it as over sites, being unprepared, shite happens that you can't prepare for, that's life. It's how you move forward that's important and keeping the celebration and positive outlook that the games are about going.

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sorta related to games coverage, but with all the US media outlets slagging the Olympics for the torch at the opening ceremonies, Olympia's breaking down etc, etc, it was awesome listening to the Moj on the Team 1040 last night. He got pretty riled up about it and compared it to the Superbowl in Jacksonville and how it was the biggest clusterfcuk he'd ever seen. Actually said clusterfcuk on the radio. Classic.

Luch

Jul 6, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Furlong deserves all the criticism he and Vanoc get. Such an arrogant prikc. As for the olympics so far, honestly, after the first few days, I'm bored. Hockey is the only thing left for me. As for "owning the podium", this should be the US motto. How many more medals can we plan on receiving? Hockey X 2. Curling? Will we get to Torino's 24?

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Skeleton, Long Track Speedskating, Short Track Speed Skating, Hockey, Curling, Bobsled, Mens Combined.

Lots of oppurtunity left.

Luch

Jul 6, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The over/under for 2010... Torino's 24 (7G,10,7)

At the moment:

United States 5 4 6 15
Germany 4 4 3 11
France 2 1 4 7
Canada 2 3 1 6
Norway 2 2 2 6
Korea 3 2 0 5
Austria 1 2 2 5

number10hamburgler

Mar 16, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money
The perfect response to a retarded NBC reporter talking to the Dutch skater that just won the Gold medal. Jeez, US reporters really come off like the most retarded bunch around sometimes. They even confused Michael J Fox with Terry Fox a while back. Anyways, good response Sven.

Last edited by a moderator:

bulljive

Nov 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Skeleton, Long Track Speedskating, Short Track Speed Skating, Hockey, Curling, Bobsled, Mens Combined.

Lots of oppurtunity left.

They are projecting 12 medals in the last 5 days of competition, so there is definitly lots of good competition to come. We all know that 12 will most likely be 8 but whatever we are doing pretty well.

Luch

Jul 6, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Damn yanks..

United States - 6 6 8 20
Germany - 4 4 3 11
Norway - 5 3 2 10
Canada - 3 3 1 7
France - 2 1 4 7

Polska

Not Bright
Sep 10, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
also of note... if a south korean wins a gold medal they are guaranteed a salary for life

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts