Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Golf Tracks 2017

cascadesoccer

Oct 7, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Just booked a weekend away with the lads, 2 nights in Kamloops, Talking Rock, Kamloops Golf and Country Club + hotel $301.00. Haven't played these courses yet, really looking forward to it. Also going to hit up golf square this weekend to start getting the rust out. Just gotta figure out which course we should play.

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I passed on one in late June to Kamloops, and now doing a similar one earlier in the month.
Sagebrush, Tobiano and Talking Rock, and The Dunes. Should be a great weekend.

Anyone played Sagebrush? Only one of those courses I haven't played.

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
No, golf there Friday and then head to Kamloops and check in. No time.

Tobiano and Talking Rock Saturday, Dunes Sunday

I'll be doubling up on Robaxacets

oldtimer

Lifetime Better Bastard
Mar 22, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
First round of the year last week, tidy 88 at Northview Canal course, really good shape considering the Ridge course was water-logged.
Also doing the Kamloops trip in July....Tobiano, The Dunes, and Sun Rivers...3 rounds + hotel$469.
@cascadesoccer , @Yoda ...how were the courses? I've played Tobiano, loved it, but haven't played the other ones, looking forward to it.

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'll be going in a couple weeks, still haven't gotten out for a single round yet. :(
Just hoping I can make it to the range at least once.

cascadesoccer

Oct 7, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'll be doing my interior trip in July. Played a very wet Swan E Set, this morning, to a very forgettable round. First of the season, but couldn't string anything together. Would definitely wait for a few more days of sun before playing anything local.

cerebral smallsy

Oct 5, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Played Kings Links last Friday. Good condition considering the stretch of weather..one of the best winter/rain courses around and one of my local favourites. Also heading up to Kamloops end of July to hit Tobiano, Talking Rock, Dunes, Sun Rivers, Eagle Ranch. Was going to try and play Sagebrush but apparently still hasn't "re-opened". Anyone heard differently? Could also be dealing with flooding up there. After Kamloops a quick jaunt over to Summerland, Inkameep and another one of my favourites...Fairview Mountain.

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Was going to try and play Sagebrush but apparently still hasn't "re-opened". Anyone heard differently? Could also be dealing with flooding up there.

We tried to book it too for our trip on the way up but wasn't open and that was before the flooding. New owners trying to fix it up and make a go of it but they are already too late for this season. Not sure what's taking so long.

Not sure the price of $175-$200 a round is a smart move though for Merrit area.

cascadesoccer

Oct 7, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
If anyone is interested my buddy has a brand new Callaway GBB Epic right handed. $660 brand new, looking to sell for $500. He's located in Abbotsford.

cascadesoccer

Oct 7, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
If anyone is interested my buddy has a brand new Callaway GBB Epic right handed. $660 brand new, looking to sell for $500. He's located in Abbotsford.

bulljive

Nov 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Heading up to Kamloops to play Toniano, the Dunes and Sun river with some buddies the first week of June. Then two weeks later going up to Whistler to play Nicholas North, Big Sky and Chateu I think with my brother and Dad. Few weekends away from my 3nager, love the little fcuker but I'll enjoy the break from being tested for every inch.

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Heading up to Kamloops to play Toniano, the Dunes and Sun river with some buddies the first week of June. Then two weeks later going up to Whistler to play Nicholas North, Big Sky and Chateu I think with my brother and Dad. Few weekends away from my 3nager, love the little fcuker but I'll enjoy the break from being tested for every inch.

We're there June 2,3,4, same courses

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Just added Eagle Pointe to Friday and moved Tobiano earlier.

Now heading up Thursday night
Friday - Tobiano and Eagle Pointe
Saturday - Kamloops GC and Sun Rivers
Sunday - The Dunes

Maybe hit Sandpiper on the way home?

FYI: we added Eagle Pointe through Golf Now, 4 rounds, $60. That's all rounds not each round.

:)

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Heading up to Kamloops to play Toniano, the Dunes and Sun river with some buddies the first week of June.

Tobiano is in tip top shape and is gorgeous, just pray the wind doesn't show up. Made things very tough for us.
The Dunes was a great shape as well and a forgiving course but still challenging enough.

Sun Rivers was super dissapointing to be honest. It's in alright shape but the amenities at the course are sub par and for a target golf course, there's not nearly enough help on where to hit and how far to landing areas etc. No GPS on carts.

That's the beauty of Tobiano, GPS in carts tells you how to play the whole and all distances to bunkers, grees, markers, and any spot you touch on the screen. Makes the game easier to play but you still have to hit the spots to have a good round.

A few shots of Tobiano

IMG_8170.JPG

IMG_8176.JPG

IMG_8174.JPG

IMG_8172.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_8177.JPG
    IMG_8177.JPG
    2.6 MB · Views: 1

oldtimer

Lifetime Better Bastard
Mar 22, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
So Sun Rivers was disappointing? We're deciding between that and Kamloops G.C., by the sounds of it we should go with Kamloops?

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
@oldtimer
We played Kamloops On Saturday after Dunes.

My thoughts on those two is they are two different course types:
Kamloops is one of the original courses in Town so it has old growth cottonwoods and bigger trees that line the holes (see images below) but it's a nice course. Not undulating, just fairly flat but you have to hit straight to score. I'd compare it to Pitt Meadows Golf Course. Probably around the same ages I bet. Doglegs around trees corners etc.

I'd say Sun Rivers is a cheap knock off of Tobiano. Narrow drives with lots of uphill and downhill holes, some severe, but Sun Rivers had us standing at a tee box wondering where we were supposed to hit to and hoping we were OK when we got to our ball. I'm not a big fan of blind shots like that unless you have gps to help you make your decision or signs.
I didn't think sun rivers was worth what we payed. You might find a better price online using GolfNow or something though.

Beer cart girl at KGC but they mark their cans so off course booze might be an issue.

SunRivers had No beer cart girl and brutal snack shack after 9. We got served partly cold/frozen buns on hotdogs, they had no Gatorade or sandwiches which I thought was odd for a Sunday in the summer.
Neither compares to Tobiano.

Those were our experiences.

Sun Rivers: paid $90

IMG_8179.JPG

IMG_8180.JPG

Kamloops GC Paid $65

IMG_8181.JPG

IMG_8182.JPG

If you aren't already, I'd make the drive out to Talking Rock if you can. I love that one.

My 2 cents

oldtimer

Lifetime Better Bastard
Mar 22, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
We are leaving out Talking Rock on this trip (not my choice:()...we are staying at Sun Peaks so it would be an hour and a half drive to get there. I drive it fairly straight so Kamloops G.C. will be my choice....thanks for the info

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0