Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Golf Tracks 2019

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hitting up Kelowna June 1-3

Saturday:
Gallagher’s Canyon
The Harvest

Sunday:
Bear and Quail at Okanagan

Monday:
Tower Ranch

Looking forward to it

cascadesoccer

Oct 7, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Did a screw around at Golden Eagle South last week as the North was under repair. Testing out the new driver and 3 hybrid. Man the wind was wild and the greens were lightning. Course was okay for April. Need to get some rounds in to shake the rust off. The new additions are feeling good though.

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Testing out the new driver and 3 hybrid.

Just did some upgrading myself this year.
Driver, putter, wedges, and moved to a cart bag rather than carry bag since it’s been years since I actually carried for a round.

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The Masters, unlike any other?

Check out Zach Johnson’s “accidental” drive after Kuchar.

cascadesoccer

Oct 7, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Just did some upgrading myself this year.
Driver, putter, wedges, and moved to a cart bag rather than carry bag since it’s been years since I actually carried for a round.
Ohh nice what did you go with? I upgraded the Nike sasquatch to a Taylormade M4 driver and added a M3 Hybrid. Possibly checking out a Bettanardi putter with a. Super stroke, from a supervisor at work who doesn’t like his.

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I’m not a big spender on latest and greatest but I didn’t wanna cheap out either.

Bought a basically brand new M1 off a guy end of last season who had money to burn and too many clubs to keep. Nice upgrade from the R5 I’ve been using for many years
Taylor Made Soto putter with Superstroke Pistol grip. Same style as Ping putter I’ve had since I was a junior.
Cleveland sand wedge and Sun Mountain cart bag.
Looking for a 60’ wedge to fill out the bag.

cascadesoccer

Oct 7, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Don’t blame you for the large spending, I’m usually the same. Got the M4 for $329, regular $529.and the hybrid $199 regular $329. Still more than I wanted to but I couldn’t resist after testing them. The possible putter is $399 usd brand new. May get it for $100 cad but we will see.

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Alright so here’s the scoop on a weekend of lots of golf and long days in kelowna this weekend.

Went up Friday night as our first tee time was bright and early Saturday at Okanagan GC

Morning round was The Bear first, almost had to pack up and go home after a 49 on the front. Couldn’t drive or putt with new clubs. Came back with a 39 on the back for an 88. Gorgeous course, and in great shape.

Setup with nachos and beer and watched Champions League Final in the clubhouse before heading out again

Afternoon round was Quail course, and I have to say I can see why it was less busy. Not a great track, lots of placement golf and very hilly. Spiked with a 96 . Maybe should have eased off the beers a bit.

Sunday morning was Tower Ranch, tough course but very nice layout, reminds me of Tobiano style, had a brutal 3 putt day and still put up an 83

045073A9-7794-409C-8824-073B75CA27A8.jpeg

E618B543-D050-428D-8826-63A9B09AF973.jpeg

After a tough course we eased up a bit at The Harvest. Fairly open course in the midst of wineries and farms, not much too it. Posted an 86 and Caught the end of Raptors game in the clubhouse. Don’t think I’d play it again and first time I’ve had a beer girl tell us to pick up ur pace , when we weren’t slow.

Last and definitely not least, we hit Gallagher’s Canyon. What a treat, course was playing tough as they had it setup for The MacKenzie Tour tournament coming this week. Pins were crazy and rough was long, lots of false front greens with front pin placements. Had to be accurate with the short irons. Service was A+ there from start to finish, including the lad that brought our breakfast out to us after we put our order in after 9. Definitely recommend that one and would play it again for sure. Rounded the weekend out with an 87.

All in all a fantastic weekend, all courses were in great shape, but you Game was inconsistent and wished I had got more than 2 rounds in before going to improve the scores.

oldtimer

Lifetime Better Bastard
Mar 22, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Alright so here’s the scoop on a weekend of lots of golf and long days in kelowna this weekend.

Went up Friday night as our first tee time was bright and early Saturday at Okanagan GC

Morning round was The Bear first, almost had to pack up and go home after a 49 on the front. Couldn’t drive or putt with new clubs. Came back with a 39 on the back for an 88. Gorgeous course, and in great shape.

Setup with nachos and beer and watched Champions League Final in the clubhouse before heading out again

Afternoon round was Quail course, and I have to say I can see why it was less busy. Not a great track, lots of placement golf and very hilly. Spiked with a 96 . Maybe should have eased off the beers a bit.

Sunday morning was Tower Ranch, tough course but very nice layout, reminds me of Tobiano style, had a brutal 3 putt day and still put up an 83

View attachment 25229

View attachment 25230

first time I’ve had a beer girl tell us to pick up ur pace , when we weren’t slow.
Pretty sure she meant to pick up the pace drinking wise and buying beer off her!!!!:D

SuperMid

Jul 24, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Played north Bellingham and homestead over the weekend. Pretty nice courses but the wind there is next level. Very rarely was I hitting the “proper” club as I was finding I had to club up or down at least a club depending on direction of wind. Good weekend tho. Add those to the black mountain ranch course, and we did 9 holes Thursday. 45 Friday. 36 Saturday. Sunday we were supposed to do sudden valley, I think it’s called, But we were done. As for local courses, meadow gardens and golden eagle have been in great shape. As was Westwood plateau, which is probably a given. Guildford golf club was atrocious. Beautiful sunny day and every fairway was soaked. Spent most of the round searching the fairways for plugged balls, didn’t matter what club you hit, every ball was plugged. Very annoying plus they had temp green on 18, which nobody informed us on. You only realized after you’re driving up to your ball after you piped one down the middle only to see you’re about 180 yards past this monstrosity of a dirt pile they call a green. Won’t be playing there again. Looking to get out to Swany or meadow gardens again this weekend.

SuperMid

Jul 24, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Other than tobiano, what other courses would you guys recommend playing up there. I won a package for four guys to play Tobiano at a tourney, but If I’m driving up, I may as well play a few rounds, right? Looking to get in at least 2 other courses there.

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Other than tobiano, what other courses would you guys recommend playing up there. I won a package for four guys to play Tobiano at a tourney, but If I’m driving up, I may as well play a few rounds, right? Looking to get in at least 2 other courses there.

Depending on how far you wanna drive, Salmon Arm is fantastic, and just outside of Kamloops is Talking Rock which is just into Shuswap area, one of my favs.

Within the Kamloops area I’d say The Dunes which is always in nice shape and a more open course, and Sun Rivers across the river which is a tighter course and runs between the houses and hillside.

Older courses out there which are decent are Rivershore just out of town, Eagle point which isn’t bad, and Kamloops GC which would be something like Pitt meadows maybe.

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Rivershore is my favourite course in the province. It's older, but it's great example of a Robert Trent Jones Sr course and follows his design philosophy of letting the landscape shape the design of the course.

That’s pretty high praise for an older course. There’s too many other nice courses to label it my favourite course.

Island has some fantastic courses as well.
Think that might be our destination next year

cerebral smallsy

Oct 5, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
This year's itinerary four our north island trip in August: Crown Isle, (nice), Pheasant Glen, (under alot of people's radar...also very nice), Glacier Greens, (haven't played it, but i'm sensing its forgettable), Morningstar, (never played well there) , Storey Creek (one of my favourites).
2020 trip for my 50th: Bandon Dunes! (they've added a 5th....the new Sheep Ranch course opens...bucket list).

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Crown Isle, Morningstar, and Storey all great courses. Brandon dunes will be fantastic. Enjoy!

Let me know where you stay for that Island trip, that was talked about as next years destination for us. I assume you will search out the best deal.

Lots of gorgeous courses on the island other than that area like Arbutus Ridge and Olympic View.

Last edited:

4STGMP

Feb 10, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Pheasant Glen is a great jewel...Morningstar is also a great track. I rate both of these higher than Crown Isle. Storey Creek is for me the best course on the island....shame you have to drive so bloody far to get there!

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts