Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Golf tracks BC & beyond

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
re: Golf tracks BC & beyond

Had a nice lil golf weekend:
Played Kings Links Friday, was better than when I played it two years ago and much better than when knvb played it last year :p
Played The Falls on Saturday...Diablical, the place is in very rough shape- all due to the fact they are running a skeleton staff as they are in receivership/bankruptcy protection to the tune of 75 Million +!!!!! :eek: Nice place, great views, weirdest green play I have ever seen, they say everything falls down the valley, but I disagree, you couldn't get anything to roll as every green was different as far as length of grass, grain of grass, frmness...even at $69 including tax for Fees, a dozen balls, and cart it wasn't worth it.
Played Sandpiper yesterday and had an awesome time, aside from a few soggy fairways where your ball will plug instead of roll another 25 yards.

Has anyone seen any great deals on midweek twilights or golf/dinner packages?

The Falls was advertising a $65 men's night which was Golf, Cart, and Dinner...Gee, I wonder how they ever got in the predicament they're in? :p

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Couple of weeks and i'll be hitting Rivershore, Taking Rock, Tobiano (X2), and The Dunes.
Cannot wait to get out there.

Can't decide whether to not hit any balls before going, or hitting the range a few times. I hedging to not practicing at all as usually you play better when you have no expectations to play well.

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

Played Classic Club, Escena, Desert Willow, Eagle Falls and Terra Lago in Palm Springs over the last week and a half. My favourite was Classic Club, although all are nice. Best deal of the trip so far was Cimmaron: 18 holes with cart, a dozen Pro V1s and a can of cold Heineken for 36 dollars US, all in.

bergamascho

Nov 16, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money

Had a STUPENDOUS day at Giggle Ridge out near Cultus/Chilliwack over the weekend. Shot 3 over (and that was after ingesting copious amounts of psilocybe mushrooms.) The scenery was beautiful and seemed to come to life before my very eyes. A few tips though for you weekend Tiger Woods out there: pink golf balls don't taste as good as they look and the course marshall REALLY frowns on nudity while in play or otherwise.

ENJOY!!!

Attachments

• album9719.jpg
    album9719.jpg
    68.8 KB · Views: 109

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Played the picturesque Aberdeen Golf Club in Kamloops last week. It was hurricane force winds which was the only problem on the day. Playing about 10 deep made it that much better. Don't go for their wings afterwards though. Quite possibly the WORST wings I've EVER had.

5bigtoes

Jul 21, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

last weekend played Redwoods. early tee off extremely wet and boggy. weather was fantastic! young lady in the snack shack after front 9 was a bombshell (wow)!!! beerz were very good. overall a recommendable course and easy to play.

bertrum

Sep 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Hit the Ridge course at Predator Ridge last weekend. What a great track. Views, elevation changes, fairways and greens in great shape. Pricey, but worth it. Word of warning, snack shack girl NOT a bombshell and charged us $70 for 8 cans of beer.

bergamascho

Nov 16, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
I can vouch for it...Was a decent course but then again we did the 18 hole challenge (1 beer per hole shotgunned before tee off). Was a scorcher of a day and the greens were mint. I'd say thumbs up.

cascadesoccer

Oct 7, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
I can vouch for it...Was a decent course but then again we did the 18 hole challenge (1 beer per hole shotgunned before tee off). Was a scorcher of a day and the greens were mint. I'd say thumbs up.

Curious on how the round turned out on the back 9 being 9 deep.

girth

Nov 16, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Doing a washington trip next weekend and I believe we are starting with Shuskan(sp)

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Have fun girth! Shuksan is awesome value for money!

I'm away to Merrit this weekend and my pops and I are going to try to head to Quichena, but I've heard it's flooded...so as an alternative we're going to try to make a run at Tobiano outside of the Loops.

girth

Nov 16, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Thanks Johnny, we have a couple trailers going down for a camping/golfing/stag and will be golfing 3-4 rounds depending on how the guy getting married holds up.

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
IIRC Shuksan is $45.00 for it's highest non-resident/member rate, and the last 2 times we played there that included the cart.

It is a pretty average course when it comes to how challenging it is, but it was in excellent shape the last few times out, it seems to me to be a bit of a mix of Redwoods and Belmont, some pretty scenery and a good mix of tight and narrow fairways with hard looks at the green and some wide open places where you can hit it off the green and if you shank have a good look at the green from the adjacent fairway :p

Speaking of rad courses that are great for camping/rv'ing Chewelah WA has a great 27 hole setup with an RV park and the whole works. It's a 5-6 hour drive from the Valley to there, and it's a hop skip and a jump to Coeur d'Alene...

We did a 2 week trip a few years back from Christina Lake BC, down to Couer d'Alene, then through Chewelah & Spokane and then through Northern WA on the way home. Loads of cheap golf, with cheap drinks, and in an RV the trip was super easy going.

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Had great golf trip this weekend

Thursday: Rivershore - good trip starter. Not overly difficult after a long morning drive. Beer girls were shocking.
Friday: Talking Rock - Very nice course. Played the shits because we were hung over from the bar the night before. Average beer girls
Saturday: Tobiano X 2 - Fabulous course however, being in receivership for the 2nd time has forced them to limited staff. But on the upside, great showing on the beer carts and in the clubhouse. They know what their doing there. That was a loooooong day
Sunday: The Dunes - Through the hot sun, wind, and rain all day, it was a struggle. Thank god it was a best ball. Beer cart girls, nothing special but great hiring in the new clubhouse. Wished we didn't have to leave so soon after the round.

I will give you 1 suggestion, non-golf related. If you are looking for a ridiculously good Greek Dinner in Kamloops for a night. Cross over to the other side of the water and hit Mino's. Absolutely gigantic proportions and marvelous food. Werent many of the 16 of us that finished our dinners that night. And we had some heavy hitters with us. BC Lions apparently eat there when training in the 'loops.

Sorry i didn't give you a heads up TR. The itinerary didn't allow for much free time.

Yoda - Long Drive Champion

cascadesoccer

Oct 7, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
has there even been talk of a TTP Golf Tourney? Would be a fun day on the links, even for the serious and the hackers. Thought Id throw it out there.

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
I think it was done in the past but IIRC the talk was it died because of spotty turnout and folks organizing it getting burned in the wallet.

If someone could do a date and collect non-refundable deposits via paypal or interact transfers I'm sure it would be an awesome time and fairly low risk for the organizer(s)

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts