Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Grade 8 Girls Basketball Thread

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Figured I would put a plug in to the McMath Grade 8 girls basketball team. :) Congratulations to the girls who won the Richmond League and playoffs, Vancouver and District Championship(1st Richmond team in 30 years to do so at the grade 8 level), and just came THIRD in the Provincial Championships which finished today. The girls lost two games all season both to Handsworth but beat Handsworth in the semi-finals of the V and District tourney. What a great time for my daughter who started as a practice player and worked her way onto the squad scoring a bucket today in the third place game. This is why we CAN'T take away high school sports from kids. My daughter may never make another team again......or she might but this has been an unbelievable year for her and I have nothing but great things to say about her coaches, Anne Gilrie-Carre and Nathan Kishi.

Well done, Wildcats.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Franchise, do you have any daughters or sons who have been a part of a special team? Any kids in high school? If not, then you wouldn't understand. IT was brilliant.

cside17

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well done Cappy.

My boy was Captain of the STA senior boys soccer team last year, and they won their first ever Senior Championship. Came close in the A Provincials, but no luck. He is still proud of that. Was at lunch with my kids today, daughter is Gr 11. Senior soccer just starting for girls. She has been made "A" capt. His comment, "'you will never do what I did in school history" her answer was classic, "whatever i'm honour role and blonde to boot" I near spit my lunch across the table.

Its really amazing how much pride kids take in school sports. Both my kids will go watch all their schools teams play. Definitley a special bond.

I have full respect for all teachers/coaches, and volunteers of HS sports.

BCTF still sucks balls. Glad my kids are in the private school system, even if its hard on the bank acct.

Keep it up Cappy.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yes have one of each..

I will post when my son takes his first shite on the throne :)

Just busting your balls
That's not really an accomplishment though, the bigger celebratory moment is when he'll be able to wipe his own ass :D

Well done CS, I can tell you are a proud dad today!

gilly

Sep 12, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Burnsie,

How did the Fraser Heights girls do? I know they were in the semi-final against STM, but they didn't expect to win. I am assuming your girls team beat them in the consolation final.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Gilly, they lost to STM by 22 then followed up with a 22 point loss to US. :) ;) Good kids and a really nice coach. Go Wildcats.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts