Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Granville Street

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
There has been lots of talk lately about how Granville Street and the bar area of downtown has changed a ton over the last couple of years, maybe for the worse. People a lot more looking for fights, gang stuff, cops, way more hostile people, less birds etc.

For example, the knuckle draggers have reported a certain big ex-Norvan now WVFC over 30s goalscorer being almost swarmed on the weekend and being backed up by some Surrey Rangers types (thanks boys:) ). Anyone else come up against this kind of thing? (No Dickens not being able to get a taxi doesn't count).

oranje

Nov 12, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sir M said:
There has been lots of talk lately about how Granville Street and the bar area of downtown has changed a ton over the last couple of years, maybe for the worse. People a lot more looking for fights, gang stuff, cops, way more hostile people, less birds etc.

For example, the knuckle draggers have reported a certain big ex-Norvan now WVFC over 30s goalscorer being almost swarmed on the weekend and being backed up by some Surrey Rangers types (thanks boys:) ). Anyone else come up against this kind of thing? (No Dickens not being able to get a taxi doesn't count).

I lost interest in the downtown scene when I spent a fragment of an evening in the now-defunct Skybar. Everybody in the place was spoiling for a fight. I decided to go home rather than tangle with 20 heroes to 1 nasty but outgunned Dutchman.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Seems like that everywhere you go now, not just downtown. Every club has the same angro crowd. Not fun anymore.

FCbytca

Sep 22, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
blame it on rap, they all think is hood now cuz they is w/ they posey......i haven't gone to a club in the last 3 years, last time i went some dude bumped into me and said wtf is my problem and then the big one came "i'll **** you up" w/ 5 of his friends standing behind him, pretty lame i tell ya. did i mension he stepped into me on purpose?

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Too many looking for a fight, and like you said, only when the have 5 or 6 with them, although last time I witnessed said ganging up the group that was looking for a fight got whooped as the person the thought was alone wasn't. It was actually funny, the bouncers waited a bit to break it up saying the group deserved the beating.

Guinness

Sep 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I lived downtown and in Kits from 2000 til last summer... I guess going out mid-week was the ticket... I don't remember many problems on any particular evening... Working on Commercial and having a laugh on Granville most of the week, I would have fallen into something if it was a HUGE problem???
I know weekends are totally busy, but that's just the suburb kids going into the city!!! I'd suggest these "tough" 19-25 year olds still living with mummy and daddy that go downtown looking for a reason to fight... Wasted after a couple of shots and three pints of lager they usually travel in packs and tend to be harmless when caught alone???
Does any of this sound right??? Clubs used to be about getting laid, now I guess they may be about not getting beat down???:(

Sad and pathetic.

Walks

Dec 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Gurps said:
Sounds like Walks at the Roxy on a Saturday night!!!

Easy big fella' ........ last time I remember being with you downtown, I was scraping you off the floor at Ginger :D

Tim Berners-Lee

Aug 29, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Ya thats what it is now....i would stay away from plush(if its still there) on a monday....was there last boxing day...ended up getting stabbed in the back of the head...
12 guys wanted to fight 4 of us in the parking lot. Seriously who does that???? so after goin to see the world junior game and then drinking all night...of course we took them up on their offer...For 4 guys whom none sport the last name Lee, Chan, Seagal, or Emelianenko we did as good as we could...which clearly is horrible whenever its 4-1
Either go out with 20 guys, or be prepared to be outnumbered and attacked.
what happened to the good ol days

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Who were the other 3 with you?

Ronaldo Haircut Head?
LucVanLierde?
lancearsmstrong?

:confused:

Tim Berners-Lee

Aug 29, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Regs said:
Who were the other 3 with you?

Ronaldo Haircut Head?
LucVanLierde?
lancearsmstrong?

:confused:

hahaahahh thanks that was funny...i have no idea who the above mentioned chaps are..
i was with jakethemuss;) and two fellas you wouldnt know:confused:

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
It is getting worse not better.

I bartended in a New West Club for 2 years, and luckily for us the Police Station was right next door, so never had any real serious issues.

Just had a mate get torchered proper on Granville Street by a pack of Douchebags that he said looked like they just graduated highschool...Pink Golf Shirts with collars popped, nike golf visors and all...

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts