Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Group C

Who will win this group?

• Brazil

Votes: 18 90.0%
  • Turkey

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • China PR

Votes: 1 5.0%
  • Costa Rica

Votes: 1 5.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I agree with Regs on this.

While Rivaldo's antics only drew attention to the Turkish player's action, the action was punishable nonetheless. Had he merely kicked the ball away (time wasting) a yellow would have sufficed, but kicking the ball directly at Rivaldo requires a red. Where he hit him is besides the point.

What surprises me as well, is the fact that the referee's assistant didn't impact the ref's decision -- he was standing two feet away! I suppose he didn't see event, but how could he not? Shocking.

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Brazil coach Luiz Felipe Scolari defended his player, saying Rivaldo had put his hands on his face to prevent the ball hitting him there.

'The ball hit him on the knee and then bounced upwards,' Scolari said. 'He put his hand on his face to stop being hit on the face.'
There's supporting your player, and then there's outright stupidity.

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
FIFA contradiction

Brazil's Rivaldo has been fined £4,500 for play-acting in Monday's World Cup game against Turkey, the first punishment of a player in a crackdown on 'simulation'.

Referees have been instructed to crack down on play-acting at the tournament.
If FIFA expects referees to 'crack down' on simulation, they should support them by imposing similiar punishments -- that is, cards. Assessing a £4,500 fine for a multi-million dollar player is far from 'cracking down'. FIFA certainly dropped the ball on this one.

Hopefully the ultimate 'punishment' will come from fans during the rest of Brazil's run: perhaps they'll all mock him by holding their faces. :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0