Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Gun control on a more serious level

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Can and has, unfortunately.

Tyrone Borglund
One of two boys who murdered a family of four with axes in Mission in January 1988.
Sentenced to life in prison in 1989.
- - -
Eric Peever
One of two boys who murdered a family of four with axes in Mission in January 1988.
Sentenced to life in prison in 1989.
- - -
Dale Merle Nelson
Murdered five children and three adults in Creston in 1970.
Sentenced to life in prison in April 1971.
- - -
Mark Chahal
Killed nine members of his estranged wife's family in Vernon in April 1996.
Committed suicide immediately after the murders.
- - -
Ron Pryce
Killed his four children in North Vancouver in 1986, upset over the breakup of his marriage.
Committed suicide at the scene.
- - -
Richard Glenn Anderson
Provincial bureaucrat shot two co-workers in Kamloops in October 2002.
Committed suicide at the scene.
- - -
Bruce Blackman
Killed six members of his family at his parents' Coquitlam home in January 1983.
Found not guilty because of drug-induced insanity and committed to the Forensic Psychiatric Institute. Released in June 1995.
- - -
David Shearing
Killed a family of six, including two young girls, in Wells Gray Provincial Park in 1982. Sentenced to six concurrent life terms in April 1984.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
LOL, Guns! Who wants to sell me a gun! :)

That was awesome!

BTW, thin out the hair and knock out a front tooth and you have Kassian's doppleganger right there :)

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
The Saint Louis police officer involved in the Ferguson incident has not been indicted by a Grand Jury.

Last edited:

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Is a grand jury like a grand wizard or something?

Seriously, what's the purpose? Either arrest the dude and charge him or don't. WTF

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Do you know anything about the evidence in the case or in fact the law? Or the bar in the mid-west US which is exponentially lower than in Canada for indictments (charge approval). Were you there? Did you read the over 1000 pages of evidence and hear the testimony of the over 60 witnesses, most of which were sympathetic to Mr.Brown? Pretty dangerous to draw conclusions based on what people who get paid to sell newspapers say, IMHO.

PS if the officer was to be indicted or convicted, manslaughter would not be an appropriate charge as that means that the officer did not specifically intend to kill Mr. Brown. I think he did, so second degree murder would be the appropriate charge here, but the GJ found that the statutory defence of self defense applied I would assume. Having said that, only if there was evidence to support it; and the Grand Jury heard a lot of evidence in a political environment where it would have been really easy not to have the courage to make the right decision.

freddy

Lifetime Better Bastard
Mar 26, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
I am puzzled as to why they waited until 6:00 pm to announce this. Nice and dark - ripe for a hard-to-control riot. I think I would have told them to hang tight till 9:00 am.

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
My guess Freddy is social media. The Grand Jury doesn't think about stuff like this as they must be independent, so the security is a police matter and the GJ cannot confer with them.

Despite what Dude thinks. :cool:

Sir M

WaterBreak

Feb 18, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
thank you akslop. i think i just pee'd myself laughing so hard. oh its totally racist. but f-ing hilarious.

Reds-16

Nov 26, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
I won't give it a like but I do agree with W.B. pretty funny. Its only racist if this truly is a race thing and that is not a proven thing yet. Police defend themselves in very difficult situations that you and I never face so why can't the officer be given the benefit of the doubt???

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I actually meant to put in the words "at least", but I digress.

Sirem, I know as much as any average person reading the news. So, not nearly as much as a Grand Jury.

So I guess that means my opinion doesn't count, but point being, the system of allowing a "jury of your peers" convict, in the States, is broken. This was never going to be a guilty verdict, no matter what.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0