Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Heatly back in the news...

Argyle

Feb 22, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Report: Heatley faces indictment

According to a report in the Atlanta Journal Constitution that Fulton-Country Dictrict Attorney's office has told the Snyder family that it will seek an indictment against Dany Heatley.
Details of the indictment are not known, but the most serious charge Heatley could face - felony vehicular homicide - carries a maximum sentence up to 15 years in prison.
The charges stem from a September 29, 2003 accident that claimed the life of Atlanta Thrashers teammate Dan Snyder. Snyder was riding in Heatley's Ferrari when it spun out of control on a narrow road in Atlanta and slammed into a wall. Snyder died six days later.
Test results showed Heatley consumed a small amount of alcohol before the crash. His blood alcohol content was less than 0.015, far below the state's legal limit of 0.08.
Heatley broke his jaw and tore two ligaments in his knee in the crash.
What are everybody's thoughts on this?

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The Snyder's said they didn't want any charges pressed. I think the authorities should respect that wish and drop it. No need to drag them through the whole thing all over again.

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Good point TR.

That, and the fact it's taken them almost 10 months to determine this?

Reckless/dangerous driving maybe, but I just don't see the point if it's any graver than that.

I didn't realize this case was still alive and I didn't know his blood alcohol content was that low actually.

Is he in the World Cup team?

Argyle

Feb 22, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Rangerforever said:
Is he in the World Cup team?
TSN said:
...Suspended Vancouver winger Todd Bertuzzi was left off the squad as Hockey Canada chose to avoid the potential distractions his nomination would have created.
Newcomers are goaltender Roberto Luongo, defencemen Robyn Regehr and Wade Redden, and forwards Dany Heatley, Joe Thornton, Martin St. Louis, Patrick Marleau, Brenden Morrow, Brad Richards and the threesome of Kris Draper, Kirk Maltby and Shane Doan, who earned the nickname International Grind Line for their play at the 2003 world championship.
"We always felt Team Canada needed sort of a tough line to play against - that sort of Bobby Clarke-Paul Henderson-Ron Ellis line," explained Gretzky. "We expect them to be really strong defensively for us."...
As of right now, he is still on the team, but will this be a distraction like the Bertuzzi trouble?

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0