Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Hockey Rules or does it?

Lupoman

Nov 11, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
And the winner is....

Sorry all you NO FUN LEAGUE wankers, Vancouver's a hockey town, no doubt about it. Hammerhead's got a good point ( no pun intended), my locals got about 10 tvs, maybe them poor bastards SHOULD move somewhere else.....I mean I'm sure there's a better bar than the Lamplighter somewhere....

lupoman

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Is it knvb style or is it just hard to think?

Originally posted by knvb
Aves, first off that's awful news to hear about Rusty. Was it a bad break? (as if there is a good one) What I mean is, was it Joe Namith style or was it just to sore to stand.
Namith? I suggest you pay a little more attention there numbnuts when watching your NFL telecasts :rolleyes:

You give all Cowboy fans a bad name :mad:

~Regsjovi.

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The Cowboys ARE a bad name. What the fcuk does that have to do with this thread? :confused:

pump_it_up

May 23, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Nucks game all the way !

KNVB,

Your arguement regarding a world cup game versus a regular season game was the smartest thing you've said in this entire thread... only to be disregarded due to the lack of thought about the time of day. However, if it happened to be a situation were the two games did clash then yes you may have a dilemma... only thing is what would be the case if you lived in England and Man.U was having a regular season game on the day of the Stanley Cup final. What game would be on in the pubs???

Yes, there is no doubt that most guys on TTP are sports enthusiasts. However, when it comes to supporting the best team in your area... if your a hockey fan... then without a doubt the pubs going to play whatever game will draw the most fans. In this area that would be the hockey game!

Besides all this bullshit... why watch a bunch of huge robots perform a radio called play. Why is it that American Football is only played in a country where fried chicken, all you can eat buffets and hotdogs are the nation's pride??!!

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I don't know if it was the ONLY smart thing I said. :rolleyes: , but I appreciate the sentiment. I think. Unfortunately in these types of discussions someone has to take the high road. Since I started the thread, It only seems fair I be the one getting run over in the fast lane. Again.

I would speak to my union rep, but he's probably off planning another elaborate piss take to wind me up. He's evil that way. The Bastage.

What about tomorrow then, what if the nucks game was on at the same time as the super Bowl? Who watches what?

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Doesn't it depend?

I would think that what a bar shows on it's TV's is indicative of the patrons. If you live in Chilliwack, for example, the bars are playing football because Hillbilly's like Millsy enjoy the face painting, beer drinking, screaming and yelling excitement of football.
But in other places the patrons are by majority hockey fans so they would prefer to have the canucks game on.

In short bars usually know what kind of sports their patrons want and will show it.

I do agree with Hammerhead though, that most bars have more than 1 TV and would most likely broadcast both games.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
So who won the Super Bowl today? Last I saw, Tampa was way ahead but the Raiders were making a go of it... I switched to the Canuck's game :rolleyes:

:D

~Regs.

Lupoman

Nov 11, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Stupid Bowl....

You only had to watch the first quarter yesterday to see why hockey rules. What a disgusting spectical of boring American sports! Ever notice any game they like doesn't have a goaltender?

lupoman

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0