Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Homeless Soccer tournament fundraising?

suburbanator

Oct 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Found this ad on Craigslist... WTF.

Soccer equipment for homeless soccer league

Yes, a homeless soccer team! Soccer fans, help us by getting behind this amazing initiative.

The Vancouver Dream Catchers needs your help. We are a brand new Street Soccer Canada team, with hopes of going to the Homeless World Cup in Melbourne Australia this December. Home - Homeless World Cup

We need everything! Our players are homeless, and do not have the equipment needed to play, or practice. We need both indoor and outdoor soccer boots, shorts, socks, jerseys, gloves - the whole shebang.

If you have equipment that is not being used, or would like to help by purchasing equipment or donating funds, please contact us by email reply to this posting. Help a team to catch a new dream.

Charitable donation receipts can be issued. Affiliated with FTC Canada and Helping Spirit Lodge Society

Not too sure what to make of it... perhaps we should just feed the homeless, not send them to Australia...

Seems a bit weird to me... comments?

The Franchise

Lifetime Better Bastard
TTP Bookie Staff
Sep 7, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
How will they get to their away games?

Pete the Bum from Ridge should be captain, he still has a little use in both legs and he will play for smokes.....

Transportation is not needed for Pete he will wheelchair himself to away games.....

WTF this can't be for real!

bulljive

Nov 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
I heard about this a couple years ago. It is for real and apparently quite competitive. I don't know how legit this craigs list posting is however. Next thing you know handicap people will be competing in sports...handicap people playing sports :rolleyes:

peter

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Girth, all their games are away...and with no jerseys, they don't have to worry about the home team having to change.

suburbanator

Oct 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
I suppose the players don't need ID cards? :confused:

No... they qualify by presenting their cardboard sign. Applicants are asked for their address so they can be contacted and picked up by the peddle-express shuttle. The options for "address" are multiple choice. "Granville Bridge", "Burrard Bridge", "Cambie Bridge" or for the FVSL'ers "Surrey Central".

They use two strands of copper wire, 1 crack pipe, visual evidence of at least one version of Hep and you need to have a rolled up Vancouver Sun for shin pads as the basic entrance fee.

My team is currently looking for sponsorship... I sent them out to Newton Athletic to get the wire started and then over to Peace arch's post-pak win dressing room to get the hep. Still working on the pipe and a sun subscription (Hard to find.. who the fack reads that 12" x 52" paper?)

PNE

Nov 6, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Who would be the ' Home ' team for the games ?
Could the ref be accused of being a ' Homer ' ?

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
No... they qualify by presenting their cardboard sign. Applicants are asked for their address so they can be contacted and picked up by the peddle-express shuttle. The options for "address" are multiple choice. "Granville Bridge", "Burrard Bridge", "Cambie Bridge" or for the FVSL'ers "Surrey Central".

They use two strands of copper wire, 1 crack pipe, visual evidence of at least one version of Hep and you need to have a rolled up Vancouver Sun for shin pads as the basic entrance fee.

My team is currently looking for sponsorship... I sent them out to Newton Athletic to get the wire started and then over to Peace arch's post-pak win dressing room to get the hep. Still working on the pipe and a sun subscription (Hard to find.. who the fack reads that 12" x 52" paper?)

Quality stuff! :D Question is, is it A or C?

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts