Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Is it Trevor's time?

striker14

Jul 29, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
As a supporter of #16 since 1988 when he first slipped the ol' V sweater over his skinny lil' neck...I think the time has come to hang em' up Trev...:(

striker14

Attachments

• linden.gif
    linden.gif
    9.8 KB · Views: 65

Sage

Jan 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
He can still do a job on the 4th line.... plus he is good in the PK and faceoffs. I say keep him.

utah

Sep 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
I would keep him if he took a huge pay cut. Not worth hanging on to otherwise with the salary cap.

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I miss my GI Joe with kung-fu grip but I've moved on. You should too.

Linden at league minimum may be worth it, but why would he want to play at that? I still think he'll retire.

Attachments

• GI.jpg
    GI.jpg
    5.6 KB · Views: 64

The Franchise

Lifetime Better Bastard
TTP Bookie Staff
Sep 7, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
knvb said:
I miss my GI Joe with kung-fu grip but I've moved on. You should too.

Linden at league minimum may be worth it, but why would he want to play at that? I still think he'll retire.

I agree...really..read my above posts....he should retire!!! All I'm saying is there's two coaches that have brought them to the big dance. (RIP Roger Neilson and Patty "The Irishman" Quinn) is there really any doubt who they should bring back:rolleyes: If Nonis ****s this one up someone should "Bertuzzi him":D

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I say sign him for one year -- drop his pay. I don't think he'd object. That'll give him and the fans what he deserves: one more kick at the can as well as the ability to go out with a proper retirement year/celebration.

The fans deserve the chance for a NY/Gretzkyesque send off. Should it cost a year's salary to do it? Hell, why not -- it's showbiz, right?

~Givetheepeoplewhattheywant.

striker14

Jul 29, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Keeper said:
I say sign him for one year -- drop his pay. I don't think he'd object. That'll give him and the fans what he deserves: one more kick at the can as well as the ability to go out with a proper retirement year/celebration.

The fans deserve the chance for a NY/Gretzkyesque send off. Should it cost a year's salary to do it? Hell, why not -- it's showbiz, right?

~Givetheepeoplewhattheywant.

This, I agree with...I was speaking more on the "being able to leave with your held held high" stand point...but yes, I agree, the fans will definately miss ol' Trev...I being one of them, and I look forward to the day when I look up to the rafters of the ol' garage and see #16 TREVOR LINDEN hangin' up there with the Steamer...

striker14

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
In particular, I'm thinking of the ol' last skate around the rink for the fans. If he retired over this summer, he and the Vancouver fans would be robbed of something very special (say... $500,000 special).

striker14

Jul 29, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Good news...Trev signed...$650,000 for 1 year...a pay cut, but obviously, this is a man who plays for the Team and for the love of the game...sure, the pay cheque helps, but, at least he can hold his head up and admit that he had a shite year, he knows it, we know it, so he'll take the cut, but like Don T said tonight on the news...he hopes to be sittin' in front of Nonis next year askin' for a raise

Good on ya Trev

striker14

Zaurrini

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well, it can only get better for trev...

received my seasont tix...noticed only a few faces on the stubs.
Suprisingly, No Trevor.

Nazzy, the sedins, Ohlund, Salo, and Woooberto....and then they keep repeating....

Where is Morrison? Hometown boy...Trevor?Mr Canuck....
both Assistant Captains accoring to their website.

Safe to say they expected to trade Morrison, and not re-sign trevor prior to printing.

Stepchild

Jun 3, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
now Trevor is not dealing with the Players union crap as much as he was, he should be able to focus a little more on Hockey and produce some better 3/4th line magic. One more year, then retire with respect

striker14

Jul 29, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Stepchild said:
now Trevor is not dealing with the Players union crap as much as he was, he should be able to focus a little more on Hockey and produce some better 3/4th line magic. One more year, then retire with respect

Good call...he was dealing with a lot of bullshite outside of the rink, so hopefully it's a good situation for him now.

GO TREV

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
He'll be 30+ this year.

I think he's going to give it one last year to end on a good note.
Who wants to finish on last years note, when he knows he can do better.
He's all smiles at practice after the contract.

striker14

Jul 29, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yoda said:
He'll be 30+ this year.

I think he's going to give it one last year to end on a good note.
Who wants to finish on last years note, when he knows he can do better.
He's all smiles at practice after the contract.

He is 36 and yes, all smiles...we need more players who play for the love of the game!! Good Canadian Kid!

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0