Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

It's All About DeRo

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
He has a point, but to be acting like that in a public manner just shows you how messed up that team and total organization is at Maple Laff Sports & Entertainment.

DeRo is their best player by a long shot, and DeGuzman has been mostly rubbish... I'd have no problem with them switching contracts at all... But this has to be behind closed door stuff no?

Also remember this was one of the guys that was publicly lobbying for the sacking of Mitchell while he was still Canada's Manager.

bulljive

Nov 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
What do you mean he has a point. You sign a fukcing contract and after that you are just soccer players competing and trying to play to the best of your abilities. If he was playing like shite would he be saying, "you know what drop me down to $75,000, 6 guys are out performing me." In my opinion a complete joke, sounds like Terell Owens. The highest paid player doesn't always end up being the best performer. That's what makes it hard for the highly paid guys, added pressure when things aren't going well.

djones

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I don't think he's worth anymore money than what he's getting. The problem is the money the other two anchors are making on that team. Cut them both loose and you kill two birds with one stone.

He's 32 and in the middle of a contract that he was happy to sign 2 years ago. I don't think he's going to make more money anywhere else unless the Whitecaps do something completely rash and sign him as their DP and drastically overpay him. TFC made that mistake with Julian and now Mista.

Makes you wonder if Canada's "golden generation" is really that golden. They're certainly not that innocent. How many times can these guys keep blaming coaches for their failures!

Also gives Mo more credit when he originally said that no Canadian team would compete in the MLS with an all Canadian line-up. He went on to contradict himself by signing so many and Dwayne and company proved his initial comments right.

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
bj, He has a point, but if you continued to read my post you would note that I was opining that he should keep his gums closed and either gripe in quiet or just play.

djones, give Mo credit for what, just because he was proven right on this doesn't mean he was a good manager... that team is very bad and just reflects the policy of MLS&E. Be bad, because the Torontonians will come out and support anyways because it's a massively underserved market. Leafs- Suck. Raps- Suck. TFC- Suck. (and even though MLS&E don't own them... Jays- Suck/mediocre)

Polska

Not Bright
Sep 10, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
If Toronto was a person, I'd be first in line for a blow job. They suck at everything

bergamascho

Nov 16, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Jays- Suck/mediocre)

Let's be honest here JBN, when your division includes the Yankees and the Red Sox it's going to be extremely difficult to keep up with the Joneses. While I agree they haven't shone in recent years, they do pretty well all things considered. Would be nice to tear down or redo skydome as it's way too big and has zero atmosphere.

But I digress... DeRo is your typical prima donna prick. I say cut him loose and be rid of him. I pray to Jesus, Buddah and Allah that Vancouver doesn't go after him...

djones

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
bj, He has a point, but if you continued to read my post you would note that I was opining that he should keep his gums closed and either gripe in quiet or just play.

djones, give Mo credit for what, just because he was proven right on this doesn't mean he was a good manager... that team is very bad and just reflects the policy of MLS&E. Be bad, because the Torontonians will come out and support anyways because it's a massively underserved market. Leafs- Suck. Raps- Suck. TFC- Suck. (and even though MLS&E don't own them... Jays- Suck/mediocre)

Where did I say that Mo was a good manager? I just said he was right in this instance! He's been wrong in every other one but this one.

machel

Jul 24, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Is DeRo worth more money? I believe so, he's won a few championships and was mvp in the finals. He's proven that he's a consistent player game in game out every year.

Do I agree that he went public with his contract? NO

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I read a comment elsewhere that pretty much sums this up for me:

Do you see Frei complaining or making gestures because DeRo makes over 4 times as much as him? How is DeRo more valuable to his team than Frei?

I also liked Devos' recent blog about it where he basically says you signed a fcuking contract and if it doesn't stipulate you are to always be the highest paid player, shut your fcuking trap and get on with it.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0