Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Jawala Prasad RIP

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I want to pass on to you and the League sad news of our long serving referee Jawala Prasad passing away yesterday.

Jawala served soccer community for many decades and will be greatly missed.

I'm told that Mr. Prasad reffed even before my time in the league, anyone have the pleasure?

Someone sent me this story:

Perhaps there are some of them that may have and share a story about him, I give you one: It's my understanding that he is/was the only referee in the world that REFEREED TWO GAMES AT THE SAME TIME AND GOT PAID FOR BOTH OF THEM. That was he told me anyways.

Sounds like he could have taught our current crop of officials a thing or 2 since they seem to have difficulties handling just one game at a time! :D

Cheers,

Regs.

peter

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Jawala was a legend. Super nice guy, always with a smile on his face. He had some classic lines: blowing down a perceived foul "checking with the bum..." while making a gesture of lifting his foot during a throwin a la a football referee.

He had a kidney transplant a while back and continued to ref afterwards. I met him in the late 70's I think and saw him for the last time a couple of years ago. He was one of the good guys for sure.

RIP Jawala, Peter Stannard

fiji flash14

Sep 20, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
This Fijian ref was a pleasure to watch and to know personally. He will be sadly missed.

BULA Jawala and RIP.. One day will will cross paths again.

Junior

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Just got home and saw this, and then received the following email.

[SIZE=+0]I have been asked by Jawala's Family to let Soccer community know about Jawala's Funeral Services.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=+0]Funeral services for our dear friend and colleague Jawala Prasad will be held at Riverside Funeral home in Delta on a Monday December 7th 9:30 a.m. Jawala will be remembered as perfect gentleman, great friend and referee. He had left a legacy of "player friendly refereeing" , that is unmatched. Jawala referred in excess of 10 000 games in more then 37 years that he refereed local game. He was well respected for his extreme sense of fairness and of goodwill. He was one of the nicest referees known.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=+0]He will be greatly missed many he served.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=+0]John Vejvoda, referee[/SIZE]

[SIZE=+0]Please find bellow the address.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=+0]7410-Hopcott Road, Delta B.C. CANADA
Ph: 604-940-1313 Fax: 604-940-1355
[/SIZE]
[SIZE=+0]info@riversidefuneral.com[/SIZE]

Jawala was a legend. I can attest to the veracity of the stories that both Peter and Regs have shared, as well as the classic Jawala call: "Big man hit little man. Not good. Ball goes that way." I will really miss all the explanations of calls prefaced by "well, my friend..." that were followed by a disarming smile and a pat on the hip, that served to recentre your perspective about why you were really playing the game, and why you shouldn't be taking it as seriously as you were before the whistle was blown.:D

I have some other Jawala stories that I will be sharing at or after this service if allowed to do so. The little guy gave his heart and soul to the game in this province, whether you agreed with him during a game or not, and I will really miss him.

Deepest sympathies and condolences to his family and everybody who knew him.

Trece Verde y su familia

futbol

Jun 24, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
My memories are from Burnaby summer league in the 80's, his classic line was " No bumming" as he stuck his rear out and demonstrated the foul. Always had a smile....

RIP.....

Conductor

May 1, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
I remember Jawala giving me a time out in a game. I probably deserved a red, but instead he told me to take a 10 minute time out and asked my coach to sub me off!:D He definitely put everything into perspective like Trece Verde said. He was a very good man and character and I believe we all could have learned some form of kindness from him!

RIP

leftout

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Two other great Jawala quotes, "ball play man, man no play ball" and "no blind jumping"

RIP little man.

bican

Dec 6, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Jawala Prasad
clip_image001.jpg

PRASAD Jawala It is with heart felt sadness that we announce the passing of Jawala Prasad on Thursday December 4th, at VGH. Born Janurary 23rd, 1935, in Rewa, Fiji, he is survived by his loving wife, two daughters and sons-in-law, five grandchildren, and many family and friends. He lived a fulfilling life, was a successful business man, travelled to many destinations around the world, and above all enjoyed his 39 years with the British Columbia Soccer Referees Association as a well respected referee. The family would like to extend their sincere thanks and appreciation to all the nurses and doctors at VGH and the BC Transplant Society. Viewing will be held Sunday December 7th, 2008, from 3:30p.m. - 5:30p.m.. Funeral services will be held Monday December 8th, 2008, at 9:30a.m.. Both will be held at Riverside Funeral Home 7410 Hopcott Rd., Delta BC. In lieu of flowers donations can be made to the Kidney Foundation of Canada.

bican

Dec 6, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Richmond Recreation Soccer League, also known as the Airport League, have honored memory of referee Jawala Prasad with a minute of silence at its opening round of May 5th.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0