Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

John Herdman Appointed Canada MNT Coach

utah

Sep 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
I am confused also. I thought Zambrano did a very good job at bringing in a lot of new and quality faces of players into the Canadian team. Not too sure if Herdman will have the same success.

Gurps

Mar 28, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Zambrano was in talks with Atiba H and was close to having him come back for one more qualifying round.

Wonder if Herdwoman will be able to pull that off.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well, the way I see it, Herman is going to have to have his fingerprints all over building the CPL- on both the football operations and business operations end- to make this a move that makes sense to me. That's the only way I can look at this and make sense of it. Otherwise, it's simply a stupid move.

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
19 fcuking minutes of nonsense! Poor James Sharman had to sit through 3-4 minute answers to every question. He really should have cut Herdman off when he started going off on tangents.

He actually thinks he's going to get players to commit to moving to one place to have their development overseen by Canadian soccer staff? He's delusional!! Or as he claims "transcendent" :rolleyes:

GoF

Apr 29, 2012
Tokens
Dirty Money
Nope. No press conferences from Zambrano, Herdman, or the CSA. Was told the last two might not hold anything till February. Probably takes that long to get their answers coached.

Gurps

Mar 28, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
https://www.thestar.com/sports/socc...lays-out-early-canadian-soccer-blueprint.html

Yup, need to focus on the mental side of the game. Why didn't anyone see that before? :gurps:

As well, need to study our opponents before we play them....

Groundbreaking stuff here....:eek::gurps:

"Next, Herdman plans to analyze the team’s tactical play in detail, focusing on the last seven games. He adds that it’s imperative to learn as much as possible about CONCACAF opponents in particular, and to prepare mentally for playing in hostile territory at times.

“I’m sure this group of men know that we have to build a resilient culture and a culture that is more adaptable to these climates,” Herdman said. “There aren’t any excuses. We will be able to tolerate whatever you throw at us. That will be our mindset.”

:confused::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::gurps:

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0