Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Jones Jr. vs Tarver - November 8th

ParkHead

May 27, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Jones

On Saturday night Jones JR. fights Tarver for the undisputed light heavyweight title. This might be a little more interesting than people think. Jones will win but Tarver should present some problems for him.

A note from Roy Jones:
Antonio Tarver, you picked the wrong dude. I'm coming after you and Now It's Personal. I'm the man on top. I am still #1 and it's gonna be that way. This fight's about getting the title. I've got a pile of them at home. I don't want the belts...I just want to take them from you. Trust me, the first time I hit you, it's over. I'm gonna knock you out. You've been running your mouth, just wait until we get in the ring. On November 8th, Antonio, I'm coming for you!

Hear what Antonio Tarver has to say:
I've waited all my life for this fight. It's about my spot in boxing history and the respect I deserve as the Unified Light Heavyweight Champion of the World. On November 8th there will be no more debate. Come on, Roy. You're the guy with all the accolades; the guy who is supposed to be unbeatable, invincible and unstoppable. Bring it on! I'm ready and determined to shock the world. Roy Jones, you're going down!

It always adds a little bit more to fights when guys really don't like each other. Jones in seven will be my prediction.

Parkheadhopesjonesprovesonceagainheispoundforpoundthebest

Dapotayto

Oct 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I can't believe I forgot about this. I will miss this fight after having agreed to attend what is sure to be the world's most boring fcuking wedding. Say a prayer for me while you are watching the beatdown and I am being demasculated. Fcuking karma, payback is a bitch! Anway, Jones sounds like he is genuinely pissed off and is saying he intends to take Tarver out. This would be a nice change from his usual grandstanding and showmanship. How many fights has Roy had where he could have dummied his opponent and instead just played around staying on the outside and outpointing him? Fcuk, let's see some goddamn fireworks, Roy! I think Tarver will give him a bit of a test but Junior will drop him setting up the stage for a fight against cuccoo Mike Tyson in what will be the world's richest ever prize fight. Now, that would be a spectacle. I wonder if it would turn out to be an overblown pile of crap or a real fight though.

Fastshow

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
wedding bells.....

I will miss this fight after having agreed to attend what is sure to be the world's most boring fcuking wedding.

Doesn't sound like the best way to begin a 'life-long journey' with the future Mrs. Dapotayto. I'd recommend doing whatever it takes to make your missus happy, it's only one fight and, once you're married today, you can look forward to many more in the future.

If you're not willing to take my advice on the subject, perhaps Dude can write a splendid little article about it all for you.

Oh, and congratulations, I hope it all works out for you from the heart of my bottom.

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sort her out Man

I guess the bird missed the Dapo Memo:

It's just that I have certain priorities right now. They are:

1)Work
2)Playing sports
3)Growing pot
4)Watching soccer on t.v.
5)Watching boxing on t.v.
6)Video games
7)Drinking beer/rum
8)Sleeping
9)Friends
10)TTP
11)Family
12)Girlfriend

Perhaps you could highlight number 5 for her, unless this Wedding is a Work event and you are the wedding singer.
Good times buddy.

hos is one to talk

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I watched the fight tonight with a few of lads from Club Ireland. Overall, it was a decent fight but Jones certainly was not dominant. I had it 6 rounds for Jones, 5 for Tarver, and 1 non-eventful draw. I know there had to be a winner in each round so I had it 6 - 6. One of the judges saw it this way too. How the fcuk does the one judge come up with the 117 - 111 score? Shoc-king. Tarver had Jones Jr. in trouble in the 9th or 10th round but gave Jones Jr. a break by backing off for the rest of the round. RJJ looked like a fighter who was struggling to get his breath with the 22 lbs he had to drop for the fight. He appeared to lack consistent strength in his punches. A lot of straight body blows with only a couple of Theoren's to the head. Tarver is a putz for his post fight reaction("I won that fight. That's the bottom line.") A lot of fans thought he won too. The bottom line is that is was a very close fight, and like Jones Jr. said last week, he only wants to fight Mike Tyson. If he doesn't fight Tyson, he is going to retire, therefore not giving Tarver a chance at a re-match. I think I would watch the rematch.....

Ferdie Pacheco

ParkHead

May 27, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Agreed

I thought Jones won the fight but was not very impressive at all. Tarver I think could have won this fight easily I felt if he had just gone for it. Simply put you are not going to out box Roy Jones JR. He had chances to put JR. in some real trouble but took his foot of the pedal. Costly mistake.

I would like to see the rematch but appears it is a Tyson or nothing for Jones. Too Bad. Although a Tyson Jones matchup is very intrigueing(sp).

Parkhead
enjoyedwatchingthefight

steve1234

Jan 31, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
A tough fight for Tarvers corner. Tell him to go out and knock lumps out of roy, and you stand the risk of watching him get tagged and carried out. Tell him to outbox roy and your talking fairy tales. I watched it, and I think that all roy did was make it interesting for the fans, and win the required amount of rounds with the least amount of energy. He himself said he was knackered and only rated himself a 7/10 before the fight.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0