Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Josh Hamilton Story and Home Run Derby

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Did anyone catch that Derby or Hilites of the Derby last night!?

FFS!!! 28 Bombs in the first round...

Congrats to Morneau of New West for picking up the title...but he only hit 22 over the whole derby compared to Hamilton's 35...

Has anyone seen the rise and fall and subsequent rise of Hamilton!? I heard him on the Rome Show like a month ago...what a champ!

I have mixed thoughts on Baseball, but this guy's story is something everyone can appreciate...when is the movie coming out?!
Josh Hamilton (baseball) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Must read from last year: ESPN - 'I'm proof that hope is never lost' - MLB

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
It's stories like his that get me interested in baseball again. Caught the story in SI a couple weeks ago and have sort of been following his season. For him to come back from that and put up the numbers he is (going 2 years without any training, unless you count doing heroin training) is unbelieveable. 3 shots last night over 500 ft. Just awesome display of power.

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Good to see steroids are still prevalent in baseball.

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
I decided to be open about what happened to me; early on, I was doing long interviews before my first game in every city. It's been amazing how people have responded, and I think being honest helped. I can't avoid my past, so I don't try. It's not always easy, though. I got sick in late May and ended up on the disabled list after going to the hospital with a stomach problem, and I knew I'd have to answer questions about whether I was using again. I can't control what people think, but the years of drug abuse tore up my immune system pretty good. I get tested three times a week, and if it comes back positive, I know I'm done with baseball for life.

Yeah, the guys goes on and on about how lucky he is for a second, or fifteenth shot at life, and he is going to stick a needle in your ass, I don't think so.

I cannot believe he could throw 90mph+ as a Pitcher!!:eek::eek::eek:

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
If he's on roids he's wasting his money. Guy doesn't look jacked at all, just has the perfect swing. I suppose you also think Tim Linecum is on steroids as well since he can throw harder than anyone in baseball (well almost)?

I'll play along.........absolutely. That guy has been juicing since he was 15. IT's been proven.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0