Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Keeper's Battle

supertramp

Nov 13, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
thought you might like the slide show of Marcus that Kristina just posted...

[video=google;7297540442697641162]http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=7297540442697641162&pr=goog-sl[/video]

:)

Fat Bastard

Aug 13, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Being as I have not been around the game this fall and winter, I haven't checked TTP. So last night when I surfed in and saw this, I was stunned. I never had the pleasure of meeting Marcus in person, but I do remember his countless posts, his numerous pictures, and his presence as one of the more memorable TTP'ers.

It's a sad loss to lose someone so young, made even more tragic by the fact he's left behind a loving wife and young daughter. While small consolation to them, Marcus did manage to leave a lasting footprint, thanks to things like all the pictures we've seen here, a news story for the ages, and an entire soccer community who are never shy to share a story.

Like I said, I had never met Marcus. But learning of "Keepers" passing hit me like I'd lost a family member. That is the unique quality of our little soccer community, particularly Take The Piss. We are in fact a family. It's an odd family to be sure, and we might not know all each other to see them in person. But we're a family. I challenge anyone to show me a community - sports or otherwise - where there's so much genuine unconditional respect.

As a father and husband, I can't fathom the loss of his family, but from mine to his, I pass on our prayers and our love, and hope that when Katelynn is a little older TTP will be here for her to log on and see what everyone thought of her dad, the man they called "Keeper."

number2

Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Greetings all,

It's been a while since I posted. I apologize. With two children (grade 2 and 5) I've spent more time coaching (Dunbar U8 boys) and working (for the mortgage) than surfing the TTP. Don't get me wrong, TTP is entertaining and I still browse it when I can.

I just wanted to let you know that Marcus's sister (Barb) came out to Vancouver (home) this last weeked to spend time with family one year after Marcus' passing.

Kristina, Katelyn & myself (Uncle Rob) spent & enjoyed time with Marcus' immediate and extended family to celebrate his life and share memories we had of him. He returned to Jericho beach at his request with his family in attendance. Many of you were included in the memories we had of him. Thank You.

I again, would like to thank you for the thoughts you've expressed over the past year. Too many times have marcus' parents expressed to me and the rest of the family how amazed they were at how much of an impact Marcus had on the soccer community around him (I kept telling dad church would be full for the memorial). I guess you really dodn't now how much someone means to an organization until you lose them. Marcus was a prime example of this and he will never be forgotten.

Again, I'd like to thank you all for the thoughts that you have had through out the year for Marcus and his Family.

many thanks.

Yours in marcus' memory and in soccer,
Robert Dressel (number2)

Attachments

• MarcusSoccer.jpg
    MarcusSoccer.jpg
    20.2 KB · Views: 220

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars