Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Keeper's Battle

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Terrible terrible news.

Rest in peace Marcus.

To the rest of his family, my most heart felt condolences.

It's a very sad day.

Rob Geiger

number2

Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Thanks to all of you. I knew Marcus was well liked. But from the sounds of it, it appears he also made quite an impression. I guess that says something about a man.

I've shared many of these comments with my parents throughout today and they've were deeply touched by them.

Again, thanks.
Rob

Guinness

Sep 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
R.I.P. Keeper

This news is an absolute shocker! Like Bronce said, I had no idea either.
Like many fellow TTPers, I too only knew "keeper" from my monitor. His posts over the years and the many pictures he uploaded were always of great quality. Unfortunatley it does seem like the good die young and until doing so we all tend to forget just how important every little moment is until something this tragic happens.

My sincere and deepest condolences to the Dressel family.
Rest in peace Marcus.
JC

steve1234

Jan 31, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
I agree with Guinness, an absolute shocker! I also only knew him through here, but from this alone you got a sense about the man. He will be in our prayers.

peter

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Marcus, you will be missed. Rest in peace brother and know that you did nothing but good on earth in the short time you were here.

My deepest condolences to Kristina and Katelyn and all of the Dressels.

Peter Stannard

striker14

Jul 29, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Just heard the horrible news...I am so sorry to hear
The Beernuts pass their sincerest condolences to Kristina and Marcus' family

RIP Keeper

Melanie

Notcher

Sep 21, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP and Marcus were synonomous.
Westside and the VMSL (and all other lower mainland leagues) have lost a real contributor.

It's said that goalkeepers are a different breed and it certainly rang true with Marcus. He was quirky, observant, and had a great sense of humour.
He brought a personality that you don't often see in the world of athletics.
On the pitch he had moments of sheer brilliance.
He had a whole season of brilliance the year the WFC Rangers won promotion to Div 1.

I'll miss the comfort of seeing him behind the camera with a bag of McDonalds in tow.
My sincerest condolences to his family.

Notcher

Dancin Bear

Oct 26, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
To the whole Dressel family;

Totally shocked to hear the news. Played with Marcus and against him. A dedicated member of the football community and to Westside Football Club. Will be greatly missed. Rest in peace and God Bless.

Sincerest condolensces.

Keith Moore

munchkin

Oct 21, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
I only had the priviledge of meeting Marcus a few times on the sidelines, but my heart goes out to Kristina, Katelyn, the rest of his family and friends. He was a genuinely kind person and a talented action photographer.

Rest in peace Marcus.
Shannon Burnham

Mr. Rempa

Jul 26, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
I honestly opened this thread hoping to hear tha Markus/KEEPER was getting better...to find this...really sad news...I really don't know what to say/write

MARKUS you were a great person...many people here will miss you.

Sincere condolences to his Family

Rempa

One Dart

Feb 25, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well done Keeper, you obviously had an impact on many lives. We should all only hope to be so lucky!

RIP Marcus

Brent Sweeney

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Rob, my sincerest condolences to you, Kristina, Katelyn, and the entire Dressel family.

Marcus was a great ambassador for Westside, the VMSL, and the soccer community in and around Vancouver. He will be sorely missed by many, but may his spirit live on...

Rest in peace Marcus.

Derrick Freedman

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
CJ,

The more I think about it, that picture really is one of the best shots I have seen (http://www.takethepiss.com/multimedia/showimage.php?i=3191&c=575) - Marcus certainly had some talent, didn't he?

I'm still struggling with this news. Much reflection has taken place in my world the last 24 hours and I'm still at a loss for words. Maybe that says enough right there about how Marcus affected other's lives.

Hmmm.

RIP Marcus, you touched many and you will never be forgotten.

The Regniers
Robin, Connie, Jayden & Cory

Marcus was a great guy with loads of talent on the pitch and off with a camera. I remember sitting with him beside on of the posts Nations Cup a few years back. We were having a laugh about ttp and the soccer community, while he was trying to get some cool pics for the site. Well some action takes place infront of the German goal, and Marcus takes one of the best soccer pictures I have ever seen, of Smiles making a save to the far post.

I feel so very sorry for the Dressel family. As a father with two young children I just can't imagine this, and just don't know what to say of something so terrible to this young man.

RIP Marcus

Chris Johnson and family.

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Wow.

Finally get a chance to get back on TTP for a bit of lightness and what's the first thing I see...

Rob: Very sorry for you, your family and Marcus's. I was hoping we'd get a chance to have both of you playing for ze oldt Germans some time. He, his passion for the game he loved and his photography and the insights into his personality that he let us glimpse on here will be greatly missed.

With deepest sympathies for Kristina and Katelyn,

Stew, Kathy, Andy and Jesse Woolverton
and the Killarney Spurs

davey_bc

Sep 26, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sad news. I had played with Marcus on a few occations and against many more. He was a very likable guy during brief conversations we had.

Marcus; A true warrior. RIP

Condolences to the family.

David, Julie, Emerson and Marcus Uhler

steve a.

Not Bright
Jun 24, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
My deepest and most heartfelt condolences go out to the Dressel family at this time for their loss of a wonderful man. I had known Marcus over a good 7-8 years and it was always a bright spot in my day to see that big grin with a camera around the neck and usually a bag of McD's in hand as he would stroll up to the pitch. To witness some of Marcus's enthusiasm for soccer and photography was really a pleasure to have been apart of and will definately be some of my fonder memories of him. Marcus contributed countless hours on and off the pitch to his Westside soccer club and to that I say thank you for all the hard work and dedication you showed throughout the years. It was truly an honor to have known you Marcus and I will never forget how great a man you truly were. May you rest in peace my friend.

yours truly , the rattler

Jared McGowan

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I am at a loss for words. I was just informed last night. :( :mad:

RIP, Markus. You were a great family man and I'm truly stunned at this moment. God bless.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts