Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Kesler extended through 2016

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Didn't Burrows take $2M per a year ago? Is Kessler more than twice the player than Burrows?

The Apprentice

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Every time a big contract in the NHL is handed out I always think about the Burrows signing. I think on one hand the Canucks took advantage of him but on the other hand 5 years ago he was playing for hockey tape in the ECHL.

Kesler is a very good hockey player and is a first line centre in the NHL. Playing behind Henrik makes you a second line centre here. Guy brings it every night and is great at both ends of the ice. Worth every penny

WaterBreak

Feb 18, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
I like this signing. kesler is a player that is damn near impossible to replace on the open market. 5 mil per seems alittle high, but i can learn to live with it. he's only 25, and is going to get better. The canucks are coming into form nicely.

cascadesoccer

Oct 7, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
With the money the Sedins are getting now, plus Luongo's huge salary and now the Kesler signing are we gonna have enough to cover any other changes in the off season or contract extensions? Or will it even matter after our Parade is done with?

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Look at this as the pair of them, we basically have them both for 7.0 per year over the next few years, who wouldn't want that!?

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
With the money the Sedins are getting now, plus Luongo's huge salary and now the Kesler signing are we gonna have enough to cover any other changes in the off season or contract extensions? Or will it even matter after our Parade is done with?

There will be plenty, considering that in all likelyhood your third line next year will probably feature both Schroeder and Hodgson making no more than 2.5 between the both of them once you factor in their bonus structures that will hit the cap...

You also won't have Demitra back next year, unless he takes a huge wage cut...

The only other guy up for a contract next year that is due any sort of raise is Raymond. Mitchell is also up, but they will get him on a steal, unless he opts to retire because he can't get his head right.
nhlnumbers.com Team Overview

SCK

May 2, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
I say Mitchell will go....they don't need him now. You can get the same thing from other young d that they have.

bulljive

Nov 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
There will be plenty, considering that in all likelyhood your third line next year will probably feature both Schroeder and Hodgson making no more than 2.5 between the both of them once you factor in their bonus structures that will hit the cap...

You also won't have Demitra back next year, unless he takes a huge wage cut...

The only other guy up for a contract next year that is due any sort of raise is Raymond. Mitchell is also up, but they will get him on a steal, unless he opts to retire because he can't get his head right.
nhlnumbers.com Team Overview

Schroeder in the line-up next year is a bit of a pipe dream. The kid took a step back this year with I think 9 goals in 37 games in College. I'm thinking he will need a few more years to develop. Hopefully Cody can slide into the line-up and make a descent impact.

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Let me see if I understand you...

Shroeder plays a meaningless year and has an average, at best, yeat at an average hockey school not noted for developing players, but he plays all year and you call him playing next year a pipe dream, yet CoHo (As some nucks fans are calling him) :rolleyes: misses half the year with a drastic back injury and you don't bat an eye about him making the team?

hmph.

If you have seen Schroeder play you will understand... his skill set and the type of player he is isn't necessarily the type that develops... He either has "it" or he doesn't. He is tiny (height wise) and plays a very direct game. He will have to excel with his footspeed and finding open ice and the seams on the ice... Things Michael Grabner still has trouble with (and that is being coached to death for 5+ years as a pro now) He was light years ahead of a bunch of the Canadians and one of the best players on that Gold Medal winning WJHC Yank team at Christmas/New Years.

The only thing that is usually difficult for College Players to adjust to (as far as the pro game goes) is the long schedule, twice as long in most cases...

bulljive

Nov 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Actually he was quite average in the WJHC. For a guy that has it or doesn't he sure didn't have it amongst average competition this year. I'm not saying Cody Hodgson is making any team, I just think he has much more a legit shot at it injury or not. I also think he is a much better player when and if he gets back to 100%. To say they are both likely to be third liners on this team "Next" season is fukcing laughable. It shows your complete lack of knowedge. Maybe they will both make it but that is a major major long shot, hopefully one can step up.

I know you watch a lot of sports as you always seem to have the facts and back ground knowledge, who wears Bauer skates and who plays with a composite stick but you're an idiot full stop.

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
An Idiot that saw the 'Nucks latest greatest prospect have a pretty good coming out party with a goal on his first shift and adding another later in the game :rolleyes:

alas, playing Junior hockey and coaching AAA Peewee, Bantam, and Midget hockey for nearly a decade for and against now and former NHL players makes me an idiot. full stop :rolleyes:

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0