Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Ladner 035 League 2006

Status
Not open for further replies.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
ALBION FERRIES 'CRUISE' TO AN IMPROBABLE VICTORY

LADNER(AP)

In what has to be described as one of the greatest upsets in football history, the Albion Rovers defeated Ladner's Landing 1 - 0 in the Ladner Masters League. This is unprecedented as a number 4 seed has never won this presitgious cup. Upon hearing the final whistle, the Albion players dropped to their knees, mainly because they were knackered. The lone marker came off the head of Kippax from a clincial free-kick delivery by Rammer. Alikira was going to take the free-kick but Rammer shoved him out of the way, obviously looking for a bit of glory.

"That will shut their fcuking mouths on the sideline," Rammer muttered on his run back after the glorious free kick.

The teams were a little tentative during the first twenty minutes and the chances were limited as both teams were feeling each other out. Deucey had to be warned by the ref for taking this a bit too far. He needed to be reminded that it was just a figure of speech.

The Ferries started to take a few more chances pushing men forward and created several chances, but nothing outstanding. The Landing were content on trying the counter attack but didn't get any shots off in the first half.

A few tactical moves by coach/manager/horses willy/hot wings chef extraordinaire, Steve1234, proved the be the difference. Although he was not willing to take credit for this in his post-game interview. He was very candid..

"I'm just fcuking glad we be the cnuts," said a relieved 1234. "The refs were out to get us all season and tonight was no different. Fortunately, we didn't complain or whine and left that to the calf slapping number 23 on the Landing squad.

"I'm not sure what was wrong with that wanker," 1234 concluded.

Finally the break came in the 81st minute when Rammer was fouled just inside the center circle. He clipped a delightful ball to Kippax who rose a full inch off the ground to nod the game winner, leaving the Ferries with nothing to do but celebrate in the parking lot.

"Once the ball crossed the line, I knew it was a goal," gleamed Kippax.

Walks summed things up nicely at the end for the Ferries.

"It takes a special group of lads to come together like this and win such an honour. Yes, people talk about the Nations Cup and CIAU championships but this is the pinnacle of any footballer's career. How many people can say the have won the Ladner Over-35s Wednesday/Thursday Night League Cup Trophy? Last time I checked, not many. That is why I was first to claim the trophy and act as captain. It was the best night of my life, since my first wank, and of course receiving the Young Official of the Year. To be honest though, this takes the cake. I can always have a wank and I'll never win the Young Official of the Year again. I would just like to thank Steve1234 for giving me this opportunity."

Albion has already started recruiting for next year in the hope of a repeat. One Dart, The Power, and Dartsinthehood were lurking during the match and in 5 years, they will all be eligible.

Steve1234 concluded by saying, "Yes, this was a fantastic achievement but we want more. We've tasted success at the highest level and next year I want the Double. We will be another year older, wiser, and we might actually have enough players who are in fact 35. It's been a juggling game all year but that's what makes champions....champions."

The team begins training for next season in the middle of August as most of the players will be playing winter football to stay sharp for next season.

Walks

Dec 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Brings a tear to the eye Alikira ........ and that's not because of the Tandoori Wings that the gaffer cooked up.

Indeed, a fitting end to a season that started off with so much promise, new kit (thanks Leetchy) and a bringing together of lads from vastly different cultures (The Scots are different gravy really :D) Gorgeous ......

Just hope the muppet with the camera got a good pic of me kissing the cup :rolleyes:

Enjoy the rest of the summer lads ......

One Dart

Feb 25, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Truly a magical victory gentleman, just proud that I played a part (albeit a small one) in this wonderful season. Treasure this victory lads.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yes, we can only hope Kippax, Animal, Ginger Tours, Willy, and Deucey can add to this monumental evening in the history of Albion Ferries. Please forgive me, gentlemen, if I missed anybody but I don't know of any other TTPers on the squad, at least I don't know their monikers......

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
One Dart said:
Truly a magical victory gentleman, just proud that I played a part (albeit a small one) in this wonderful season. Treasure this victory lads.

One Dart, your part will not be forgotten. You went 3 - 0 with a 25% save percentage and a goals against of 3.5. Last time I checked, there weren't many keepers in the like with numbers like that. :D

Seriously though, considering you were drunk all the time in net(Thank God there is no drug/alcohol policy in the league), you were fantastic. :)

Walks

Dec 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Alikira said:
Last time I checked, there weren't many keepers in the like with numbers like that.

Absolutely ........ the perfomrance in the 1/4 final was stuff of legends really. Hold your head up sonno, you would've made Peter Shilton gasp in envy :D

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
"Once it had crossed the line, I knew it was a goal." :D

BTW, Kippax, we're looking for a detailed account of the goal, starting from who you told to take the kick until your header crossed the line. :D

steve1234

Jan 31, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Thanks for those kind and touching words.
I have nothing to add, i am just overwhelmed with emotions at this time. In a few days time when all this has really sunk in I will post a proper reply.
I love you guys.

Zaurrini

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Its not over....

Apparently, Albion used an ineligable player...

Alkira only played in four regular season games...you need to play in five.

Protest is in the works, and someway, somehow NATG Arsenal are being awarded a shot at the coveted title vs Ladner Landing.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Zaurrini said:
Its not over....

Apparently, Albion used an ineligable player...

Alkira only played in four regular season games...you need to play in five.

Protest is in the works, and someway, somehow NATG Arsenal are being awarded a shot at the coveted title vs Ladner Landing.

You're probably right about actually playing in 4 games, Fil, but I did dress for 8 of the 16 games and did step on the field at least. Again, my performances may have been questionable but I certainly sustained the quota of matches played. :D

steve1234

Jan 31, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
For Glen, Senior, John, Mikey, Brad E, and D-man. It will be at Walks place.

Attachments

• DSC00961.JPG
    DSC00961.JPG
    33.1 KB · Views: 51

Walks

Dec 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Steve1234 said:
For Glen, Senior, John, Mikey, Brad E, and D-man. It will be at Walks place.

That's odd ...... the last time I saw it, it was laying on the pillow beside me :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0