Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Lets help the Southsiders

steve1234

Jan 31, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Were the Southsiders there Yesterday afternoon?

That would be the easy post after a great display by the few hundred Timbers in my side of the dome.

That does not help the situation. here is my rant

I think that the problem with the noise level is that unlike other stadiums where they have cheer captains, we have no cohesion with the supporters group. I think therefore as one of the largest soccer websites around we need to step up and help the SS. So just tossing around ideas, why don't we try to get a least 4 or 5 G rated chants. With help from the Caps put them in the Caps programme for the beginning of next season. The caps probable would have nothing to do with this unless we enlist amatuer soccer. So my idea is lets have a chant writing contest. Those of you that are connected with local youth soccer could spread this around. Say best chant gets a $1000 to the local organization that wins.
I would donate a $100 for this and if the SS could chip in this would make them look good also.
Regs has also said that he, (TTP) would toss in $100. Any other donations are welcome. Pub Nights, Raffles.
Lets get onboard.

Best chant from yesterday had to be "Walking in a Timbers wonderland".

Thoughts?

bergamascho

Nov 16, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
This will be easier at BC place...permanent home, seating established etc...

Our section for next year will be starting our own Firm and we will participate in the chants we like (We hate the "We're together supporting you tonight" chant...too Kumbaya for us) and unleash a few doozies of our own.

Like the idea a lot of having a few official chants (We love you, we love you, we love you..., Boundary Road, etc). This is a good chance for the 'Caps to have a do-over on fan engagement and I hope they won't fumble the ball.

dutch13

Feb 5, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
I thought Portlands best Cheer last night was "Our House, In the middle of BC" it was more clear than anything coming from whitecaps fans.

cascadesoccer

Oct 7, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
I rather enjoyed the "our house, in the middle of BC" their chants were clever, effin loud and they even moved the whole section as a unit. The Timber fans were more entertaining than the game itself. I think something in the program would be a good idea as everyone gets one when they come in. Only problem I can see with the "youth chant" is that it may be to "childish" and maybe taken as a joke more so than a team builder (just my opinion though) Love going to the games, and really hope we can have a showing like Seattle and Portland in years to come.

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Being right next to the Southsiders, they were loud, and I didn't hear the Army all game, so I think a lot of it has to do with where you are sitting. I did notice that the SS had a "cheer captain" with a megaphone and another guy waving different coloured flags to indicate which cheer they were singing. So they are moving in the right direction it seems, but they could definitely use some new chants, that's for sure.

junglee

Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
had the privelege(?) of sitting just below the timbers army for yesterday's game. an organized bunch to say the least. the chants of "our house in the middle of b.c." were classic. it would be a great idea to get on board with the caps supporting crew and have the whole stadium chanting the same tunes. there was the odd caps fan who tried with "oogey oogey oogey...." (DATED)

i think we're a long ways away from scenes of seattle and portland, where they come marching into the stadium. fans here only get rowdy when the local team loses!

sixfyv

Apr 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
I had a productive lunch... nice bowl of spicy beef ramen.

Here's my first shot... sung to the tune of "someone's in the kitchen with dinah / ive been working on the railroad"

Put it in the mixer to Hassli
He puts it in the net you know ooooh oooh
Put it in the mixer to Hassli
Whitecaps, we want a goal

(chorus)
Singin fee fi fiddly eye oh
Fee fi fiddly eye oh oh Ohhhh
Fee fi fiddly eye oh
whitecaps we want a goal.

No ones in the middle with koffie
No one can mark him you know o o
Give it to the middle to koffie
Whitecaps we want a goal

Chorus

You'll never get through our back line
We have jay demerit you know o o
You'll never get through our backline
Oh (opponent) you'll never score

Chorus

Suggest away at any changes, but there's my offering. Simple... no swearing... recognizable tune.

Also... there is nothing wrong with a good old White is the Color. Seriously. Everyone knows the tune and the whole stadium would sing that. I think that would be a great 5 minute mark song for the stadium.

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I suggested White is the Colour way backin April only to be scolded because apparently it is a Chelsea rip off??? Who fcuking cares!!

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
A simple oldie to the tune of Give Peace a Chance............this is something that is generally always the case.

ALL WE ARE SAYYYYYYYYINNNNNNG IS GIVE US A GOAL
ALL WE ARE SAYYYYYYYYINNNNNNG IS GIVE US A GOAL

ALL WE ARE SAYYYYYYYYINNNNNNG IS GIVE US A SHOT

:rolleyes:

RL RCD

May 31, 2010
Tokens
Dirty Money
No matter how unorganized Whitecaps' supporters may look to some, they are still much better than the "product" they are cheering for.

Dancin Bear

Oct 26, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Not really G rated, but sang to the tune of 'Oh my darling Clementine'

'Where's your father?
Where's your father?
Where's your father ref-e-ree?

You haven't got one
You never had one
You're a bas-tard ref-e-ree'

That way , the Caps can always blame someone else for their shite.

nocents

May 5, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Am I the only one that thinks the acoustics at Bell/Telus/BC Place Pitch still completely sucks? The WHITE - CAPS chant was a debacle. The echo caused the timing to be way off and killed the chant - or was it the general on field apathy and confusion? Localized chant by the tree people worked well, and the SS was out in force, but when the masses joined in it all just became a big din.

mtkb

Feb 1, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
dont worry, in 5 years they'll sink another 500 million into building a brand new stadium, which is what they should have done this time... i'm sure the roof will look lovely as people are looking up to see parts of the concrete facade start to fall off a la Olympic Stadium and the Kingdome... idiots...

mtkb

Feb 1, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Fair enough, I could be wrong.... BC Place may have been constructed completely differently than all the other cookie-cutter stadiums of the 1980's...

steve1234

Jan 31, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Acoustics, general apathy, embarrassment all just excuses for not wanting to help. I don't know what I expected
but this is sad. Thanks Regs for offering to pitch in. I will be there tonight on the North End trying to be heard.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts