Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Linden Out

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Huge difference.

Despite Trevor's inexperience, I felt he was a quick study and was actually good for the organization. He's working for an owner who seems to have unrealistic expectations so far as getting the team positioned to challenge for a cup.

Bobbo...he's been around way too long, and is nothing but a yes-man for an organization that seems to have a lot less interest in winning trophies, and runs an organization that nickel and dimes it's customers.

I guess we'll see over the next few days / weeks what kind of signings Benning brings in, because I can only imagine this was the source of the dispute...the path Linden felt the team needed to take vs. Ownership. I also wonder how much this has to do w/ Quinn Hughes.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
What do you mean? He's not signed yet, Linden had indicated a clear direction to get young, now he's fired.

Canucks4Ever

Jan 9, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Doesn’t Hughes have another year of college?

Yes but he is interested in signing if he is going to make the team full time. It means burning a year off a potential entry level deal and moving him closer to free agency though etc.

Sounds like Linden wanted to embrace a full on play all the kids and see who can cut it; damn the torpedoes/screw the results in the standings mentality. Meanwhile the Aquilinis are convinced this team is basically a playoff team if they can add 1 or 2 pieces hence the signing of Beagle and Roussel to fill out the bottom six. Sounds like Linden was not on board with this and reached a point where he was pretty much looped out on the decision making. So rather than attach his name to a product that he feels is not only doomed to fail, but one that will ultimately leave fans vexed and frustrated with the direction of the organization, he called it quits.

It's too bad because I really believe TL put his heart and soul into this team. Yes the results weren't there but I think he did have a vision however, ultimately, that vision did not align with what ownership was seeking.

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
It appears ownership is seeking out below average mediocrity, and have achieved it Year after year. Give them a raise for achieving their goals?

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sounds like it was more for personal reasons rather than different directions. Seems optimistic and agreeable to managements direction.

“Good afternoon, This is a difficult day, as I am writing to let you know that I am leaving my role as President of Hockey Operations for the Vancouver Canucks ...

This team and this game hold a special place in my life and I leave very optimistic about the direction the Canucks are headed.

Most of all I am excited about the highly skilled group of prospects and young stars that we have assembled. From ownership to hockey and business operations, the club is as strong as its been in years. Above it all, I can feel our fans' sense of hope again and I know the future for the Canucks is very bright.

I love this city and this province, and I will always have a special relationship with this team and Canucks fans. I am going to step back from the spotlight for a while and enjoy the summer with my young family.

Thank you all for your amazing support. I am sure I will see you around town.

Trevor”

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well we can’t complain about everyone the Canucks have had. Linden’s at least gone youthful and looking to build some future. We finally have kids that can make the jump instead of drafting kids that get sent down to “develop” and never come back.

I don’t think he was doing that bad a job.

They were in on the Tavares signing as well. Obviously didn’t pan out.
He’s gonna be mediocre somewhere else

Last edited:

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Mediocre gyms that print cash.

TL owes nothing to this community. I think he came in with an impossible task, and at least got the franchise back in a direction where it isn't a complete dumpster fire.

What I want to know is the direction. I want to see Quinn Hughes signed and thrown into the fire, yeah, damn the torpedos.

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Mediocre gyms that print cash.

TL owes nothing to this community. I think he came in with an impossible task, and at least got the franchise back in a direction where it isn't a complete dumpster fire.

What I want to know is the direction. I want to see Quinn Hughes signed and thrown into the fire, yeah, damn the torpedos.

Then draft his brother so we can have 2 more for 20 years!!!

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Kinda deflates the upcoming season a bit for me, was hoping to see him sign and step in right away :(

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts