Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Lindros

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bigun

Aug 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Latest scuttlebutt has the Big Concussion going to the Rangers for Johnsonn, Hlavac(sp?), Brendl, a second rounder and other conditions pending performance/injuries. It is amazing to see how far his stock has fallen when you consider the Flyers played a huge roll in giving Colorado/Quebec their two cups.

Why does Sather want to run this risk? He already has a team that is too old and bereft of young prospects, and he he is going to part with 3 of his only young prospects for the oft injured, oft moody Lindros and family, as well as entice that locker room treasure known as Brett Hull.

Why can't people just let Lindros sit and rot. I'm tired of his I'll play here... I won't play there attitude.

As for the Flyers... I usually hate them. But MY GOD Clarke has done a hell of a job this summer. Signs Leclair, adds Roenick and Dopita (in essence Lindros who?) and now he is going to add youth add depth to squad that is already contending.

Hey ... I'd almost like to see Lindros play against his old club and watch them go right to the cup while he watches the playoffs once again.

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Big Dollhairs

$40 mil over 4 years.

Needs a good insurance policy however.

Rangers will be shite again this year, trading away some very good young talent.
1st line is bad head with bad habit with bad attitude.

You know who those three are.

HOS~:cool:

5bigtoes

Jul 21, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Bigun or HOS,

Do you know whether Brent Hull is going to sign with the Rangers as well?

Now that his buddy Lindros is in the Big Apple.

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
5bt,

Do you know whether Brent Hull is going to sign with the Rangers as well?

That is what it said in The Province this morning. It said if Lindros signed, he would sign there by Friday. Vancouver's loss........?:confused:

TR.

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Evil Twin

Brent is Brett's evil twin who went and played for the U.S. in the Olympics, and who is hopefully not coming to Vancouver.

He can go to N.Y. and play with the other useless slugs called Rangers.

I hate that N.Y. puts the great Ranger name to shame like they do.

HOS~(T-BONE)

john

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Lindros to L.A.?

So Clarke is now saying that if the Lindros deal isn't done by the end of today then L.A. are next in line..................and that Hull will sign there? I hope that they both go to L.A. cause based on what the Rangers are offering if L.A. gives up as much then the Nuck's won't have them to worry about this year!

John

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Tired

This whole saga is getting tiresome. Here's a thought: why doesn't Clarke just shut his big fcuking mouth for once? What's the point now in saying "If the deal doesn't get done today..." other than create shite and prolong this fcuking soap opera?

~TBwhowouldliketoputthebootstoClarkeaswellasCocconow.

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Just heard on TSN that there would be no trade today. Clarke said the Rangers are still getting their shti together, but if it isn't done today, tommorrow would be fine. I hope the Rangers do get him. I love seeing the Rangers suck.:D

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
From the TSN web site:

(Aug. 17) - After 15 months of waiting, Eric Lindros' arrival in the Big Apple is official.

TSN's Gord Miller reports the league has confirmed the deal meaning Lindros is now the property of the New York Rangers. The Big E has not officially signed his contract, but a news conference is tentatively scheduled for Monday afternoon.

TSN has also learned that Lindros' salary will not be insured for the first year of the contract should he suffer a concussion during the season.

Lindros was in Montreal on Friday for more tests with a doctor familiar to Rangers GM Glen Sather. Results from those tests are not expected until Monday.

The Philadelphia Flyers get forward Jan Hlavac, defenceman Kim Johnsson, highly touted forward prospect Pavel Brendl and a draft choice in exchange for Lindros, a talented 28-year-old centre with a history of concussions.

It is believed the base salary is just under $3 million for the first season with the balance tied into incentives. The deal would become guaranteed once No. 88 completes an injury-free season.

The Rangers will host the Flyers for a preseason game on Sept. 20 and visit First Union Center for an exhibition game on Sept. 23. The two teams meet for their first regular season game on Nov. 14 at Madison Square Garden.

The New York Post is reporting that the New York Rangers are no closer to acquiring free agent Brett Hull. The Post reports that Glen Sather has yet to make Hull a single offer.

Bigun

Aug 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sather is showing the signs of a desperate man. CHrist, the fans in New York don't even want this guy who is one hit away from an early disibility cheque. Even if he were the Eric of old I wouldn't part with 3 great prospects (when three great prospects are all I have left after 7 years of a blank cheque policy) in exchange for Eric, his pouting, and his tirefcukingsome, interfering parents.

They will miss the playoffs again this year. Eric will have to play soft and avoid corners and the middle of the ice in order to avoid beheading opportunities. Their defense is anchored by an aging Brian Leetch who can still score but should relocate to LW with his +/- stats. Richter is past his prime, and the scoring will fall to a concusion prone center, a 40 year old center, a substance abusing winger, and an aging locker room cancer (if they sign Brett Hull.

I used to think Sather was a miracle worker with the speedy teams he assembled on a bread and water budget. How did New York's deep pockets make him forget how to build through the draft?

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hmmmmmmmm.....

Mabye he's killing the Rangers on purpose to let the rest of the league know that you don't have to spend to have good teams. The Rangers are living proof of this. It is a Canadian conspiricy thing.:eek:

TR.

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The news on Hull

Last I heard about Brett Hull going to join Lindros was that the deal for him to go to the Rangers may not happen after all. Canucks may be in the hunt still. Although Detroit is apparently interested in him as well.

Any thoughts on Hull coming to Vancouver?

Do people actually think that Lindros and Hull together would be a great matchup?

Hull is so old he may not be able to see where he is going and might hit Lindros and give him another concussion.

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yoda,

There are some thoughts concerning that topic in the Canucks thread. Some good, some Bad.

By the way, it's nice to see you finally post somewhere other than the Co-ed thread.:)

TR.

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Last Post

Yeah, i edited the post to fit the forum. Forgot which forum i was in.
I have been busy the last few weeks. Haven't had time to do any posting.

Did you hear about the Vernon Co-ed tourney we played in?

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Slow Learner

I have been symptom free for 15 or 16 months now and I think that, and the long layoff, lends itself to a good comeback.
It also lends itself to the fact that he hasn't taken a hit in 15 to 16 months.

I'll give him 'til Christmas at best.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0