Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Lose 40 lbs in 90 Days

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Can it be done and how?

Background:

• Person used to be very fit and wants to get back to that
  • Person has done pretty much nada fitness wise for well over 2 years now
  • Person hasn't exactly been in tune with the whole healthy eating thing (KFC to training happened more than once)
  • Person works 60-70 hour weeks regularly and that's not going to change anytime soon
Person will remain nameless.

Any thoughts on how to go about this? I'll let the person know ALL suggestions!

RL RCD

May 31, 2010
Tokens
Dirty Money
Regs,

Doing push-ups (regularly, on a daily basis) is one way to lose some weight. Short series (i.e. 5 to 10 x 20 daily) do wonders. With some cardio (either stationary bike for 20-30 min a day or running if possible) the results get better. Of course, this is not going to get rid of 40 lbs in 90 days but any person doing regularly push-ups will notice the difference within a week.
To lose 40 lbs in 90 days, besides exercising, eating habits have to be changed definitely. Only a person (in question) knows what he/she eats and that part must be figured out by that individual. I know I guy who lost 30 lbs in a couple of months but he completely changed his diet (because of high blood pressure as well as high cholesterol) and went to gym 2-3 times a week.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
  • Admin
Regs,

Doing push-ups (regularly, on a daily basis) is one way to lose some weight. Short series (i.e. 5 to 10 x 20 daily) do wonders. With some cardio (either stationary bike for 20-30 min a day or running if possible) the results get better. Of course, this is not going to get rid of 40 lbs in 90 days but any person doing regularly push-ups will notice the difference within a week.
To lose 40 lbs in 90 days, besides exercising, eating habits have to be changed definitely. Only a person (in question) knows what he/she eats and that part must be figured out by that individual. I know I guy who lost 30 lbs in a couple of months but he completely changed his diet (because of high blood pressure as well as high cholesterol) and went to gym 2-3 times a week.
Cardio is in the works as this person wants to play soccer in the fall so just losing the weight isn't going to cut it - will pass along the push-ups advice, thanks!

Current diet consists of 4 cups of black coffee in the mornings, a sandwich at lunch, whatever is on the dinner table when getting home for supper (healthy usually) and junk food in the evenings.

I might advise this person to maybe start with more frequent meals but smaller portions - thoughts?

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Don't eat past 5PM, or if you are a late nighter, 6PM. Plan ahead if you are working late. That works for many people.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Apparently cutting out bread and carbs makes a difference, in terms of results fast. That and what they all said. Except Utah. Well, OK, try it, let us know.

cerebral smallsy

Oct 5, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
I can't promise 40lbs in 90 days....but I can tell you I lost 35lbs since Jan 2nd this year. Start with an Isagenix cleanse (can do anywhere from 9 to 30 days), to kick start some weight loss, (involves some painful liquid only days so requires discipline), mixed with some daily exercise. After cleanse continue with a sensible diet, (ie. one serving, reduced carbs, no late nite and/or snacks), daily exercise, (I do 4-5 miles a day on the treadmill which is one of the best investments I've made and of course Sean T's Insanity workouts), what Freddy said and voila...fit as a fiddle and ready to go for next Fall!
End of the day...really no secrets....eat less shite, drink less booze and exercise more and daily. The real challenge of course, is both finding the time, (once you make the exercise a routine...it really is easier), and keeping it off.

4thplacetrophy

Mar 3, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
I did it in a little over a month by just changing how I ate, as I was already exercising through soccer anyways I didn't change much in that respect. Also managed to keep it off for over a year now too. It can be done, just takes dedication. No dietary pills etc either.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
In all seriousness, it's all diet. Or, changing the way you eat.

Not all, but mostly.

I have a buddy that went from being an unfit bastard to a very cut, very fit body builder in less than 6 months. Yes, he trains about an hour a day...good, but not earth shattering. His secret is a completely dialed dietary regime.

Figure out your diet, and start getting regular excersise, and it'll happen for you.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0