Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Maple Ridge Field Upgrades

akslop

Better Bastard
Jun 28, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
I get people have the right to their opinion.

Here are some facts

http://mapleridge.ca/DocumentCenter/View/9266

Facts and Propaganda are 2 different things. Statistics are somewhat outdated. I get we cant be current with numbers but those totals are not today's reality. And lets not confuse a homeless person with Street scum whom are not included in those reports.

Homeless are people whom fall on hard times, have a shitty run of luck and cant get back on their feet that you would stop and offer a blanket too.

Street people (drug addicts for the most part) that commit community crimes, Most ( not all) choose to be in this life style and out number the homeless person by at least a 10:1 ratio.

The Franchise

Lifetime Better Bastard
TTP Bookie Staff
Sep 7, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Facts and Propaganda are 2 different things. Statistics are somewhat outdated. I get we cant be current with numbers but those totals are not today's reality. And lets not confuse a homeless person with Street scum whom are not included in those reports.

Homeless are people whom fall on hard times, have a shitty run of luck and cant get back on their feet that you would stop and offer a blanket too.

Street people (drug addicts for the most part) that commit community crimes, Most ( not all) choose to be in this life style and out number the homeless person by at least a 10:1 ratio.

Completely disagree on all three points.

akslop

Better Bastard
Jun 28, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Completely disagree on all three points.

Of course you don't and I need to be honest with myself and not waste my time trying to explain things to someone who has Ric Flair as a profile Pic and who's highlight of the week is probably watching Monday Night Raw. But i'll Try again anyway because I know you want to agree. :rolleyes::D;)

What is the definition of homeless?
Homelessness is the condition of people without a permanent dwelling, like a house or apartment. People who are homeless are most often unable to acquire and maintain regular, safe, secure and adequate housing.

What is the definition of a street person?
Street people are people who live a public life on the streets of a city. Street people are frequently homeless, sometimes mentally ill, and often have a bohemian lifestyle.

The Franchise

Lifetime Better Bastard
TTP Bookie Staff
Sep 7, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Thanks for the definitions.

Draw your own conclusions that's your right.

I can supply u all the facts and stats in the world and u won't change your mind. That's your choice.

I get u won't understand not being intrenched in it like I am. Or know any of these peoples story's when u frequently were at cliff avenue.

akslop

Better Bastard
Jun 28, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Cliff ave. Brought back some memories of thoae ugly orange uniforms from back in my old cape horn days. Im sure some of the old guard here know what im referring to. Thata back when the politics with Azzi started and Metro ford was born if I recall.

Anyway franchise. Agree to disagree. No homeless man has ever broken in to my car to take a nap but i ve had my window smashed for change an pop cans on several occasions and im sure it wasnt so a homeless person was going to buy himself dinner.

Back on topic. Will the stadiums be used for local school events and local soccer or will they sit vacant for one offs and special events aftwr the summer games?

cascadesoccer

Oct 7, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
I recall the ole cliff ave orange. Had a guy on their team called fudge, because he refused to say fcuk. I think his real name was Glen.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Two stadiums in MR? Seriously...WTF...not one, but two?

In Maple Ridge.

I don't need to know anything else, no other stats, other than what I already know about Maple Ridge, to know this is asinine.

One 5,000 seat stadium...OK, sure, I can see that. I can see an argument where Maple Ridge, as a community, has grown enough to support one, and has the need for one over the next 20-30 years.

Langley has one, so MR, yeah, I can see one. But Langley is 15-20 years ahead of MR in terms of growth plans.

This is all City budget and spending issues, so I won't even ask the question as to how Surrey doesn't even have one, yet MR has somehow approved two?

Wow.

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I think you may have "stadium" over exaggerated in your head. I'm thinking along the lines of Towncentre in Coquitlam, at the MRSS for the track club and school track.
And maybe just seating on both sides at the other site.i don't think it's going to be a fully enclosed stadium. But I could be wrong. It's happened once before

Maybe @franchise can find some city plans to give us an idea?

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
@Yoda - even two of that rinky-dink facility down at TC is one too many for fcuking Maple Ridge.

Maple Ridge!

How many stadiums do a couple of track teams need? One. The answer is one.

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Have I mentioned yet this is Maple Ridge?

Jesus Dude, you're complaining like your city of Langley tax dollars are paying for it. Why so wound up about our community?

It's some lighting, turf, and seating. You are taking the word stadium too literally.

MRSS upgrades, would be similar to Langley's McLeod Stadium. Seating, lights, track, turf.
They host numerous track meets from all over, and all school district track events there. Not a ridiculous idea. They have the only running track in the Maple Ridge/Pitt area. It's long overdue for a redo.

Albion would be a smaller version of Willoughby with only 2 turf fields, lights, seating, change-rooms, our first turf fields in Maple Ridge to have actual change rooms for football and soccer. Yay us!!!
Willoughby's still bigger!

I can't for the life of me figure out why you are so bent out of shape.

You still have Langley Events Centre and more turf, grass, basketball courts, lacrosse boxes, tennis courts, lawn bowling, shuffle boards, sand boxes, and population. So relax, you're still better than us! It's OK!!

Do I need to list all school and community fields as a comparison? You have more by a long shot. You're still winning!!

Can't you just be happy for us?

I know we'll never be the Beverly Hills that Langley is but we're allowed to upgrade aren't we?

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Not a Langley taxpayer or resident anymore, and that field house down at McLeod? It's a fcuking stadium. 1 of 1.

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
You know very well we can't afford anything close to McLeod standards. And I did call it a stadium.

I think the city has secured Empire Stadiums old seats to save a few bucks

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts