Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Maple Ridge Field Upgrades

Sep 7, 2015
Tokens
Dirty Money
I live in Maple Ridge.
My kid plays with west coast.
When I take him to practice there are 7 other teams practicing on the field at the same time.
How are you supposed to hold a decent practice for a U-13 team that plays full field games with only 1/8 of the field to practice on.
This town needs more turf fields.
My understanding is the Albion fields are going where the all all weather fields currently sit which means the lighting is already there.
Besides its my (and anyone else who lives in MR) property taxes that are paying for most of it anyway.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
MRSS upgrades, would be similar to Langley's McLeod Stadium. Seating, lights, track, turf.
They host numerous track meets from all over, and all school district track events there. Not a ridiculous idea. They have the only running track in the Maple Ridge/Pitt area. It's long overdue for a redo.

Albion would be a smaller version of Willoughby with only 2 turf fields, lights, seating, change-rooms, our first turf fields in Maple Ridge to have actual change rooms for football and soccer. Yay us!!!
Willoughby's still bigger!

I can't for the life of me figure out why you are so bent out of shape.

You still have Langley Events Centre and more turf, grass, basketball courts, lacrosse boxes, tennis courts, lawn bowling, shuffle boards, sand boxes, and population. So relax, you're still better than us! It's OK!!

Do I need to list all school and community fields as a comparison? You have more by a long shot. You're still winning!!

Can't you just be happy for us?

I know we'll never be the Beverly Hills that Langley is but we're allowed to upgrade aren't we?

But...aren't we talking about STADIUMS? Specifically, TWO STADIUMS in Maple-Fcuking-Ridge?

OK, seriously...what exactly are we talking about, here? Simply more turf pitches, or the whole enchilada?In one breath you state one project will be like McLeod...you have been there, right? It's a pretty substantial facility.

If you are talking Willoughby, again, not a stadium, it's more like Peace Arch: a bunch of pitches, and a fieldhouse.

It's not a Langley vs. Maple Ridge debate, Yoda. It's a debate about Maple-fcuking-Ridge justifying spending on two stadiums. One, yeah, totally get it. Even one as substantial as McLoed. Two, though? Kinda a strange allocation of funds, don't ya think?

The Franchise

Lifetime Better Bastard
TTP Bookie Staff
Sep 7, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Next you will argue with the third hockey rink were getting at Plant Ice or the giant expansion to the leisure centre or the additional rec centre we are getting in Albion or the new museum.....

Carry on

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
There is a direct correlation between my posts and level of boredom in the mornings. The truth is I actually don't give a shite how MR spends it's money. And, well, the alligators are biting now, so you are off the hook.

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
But...aren't we talking about STADIUMS? Specifically, TWO STADIUMS in Maple-Fcuking-Ridge?

OK, seriously...what exactly are we talking about, here? Simply more turf pitches, or the whole enchilada?In one breath you state one project will be like McLeod...you have been there, right? It's a pretty substantial facility.

If you are talking Willoughby, again, not a stadium, it's more like Peace Arch: a bunch of pitches, and a fieldhouse.

It's not a Langley vs. Maple Ridge debate, Yoda. It's a debate about Maple-fcuking-Ridge justifying spending on two stadiums. One, yeah, totally get it. Even one as substantial as McLoed. Two, though? Kinda a strange allocation of funds, don't ya think?

Like most municipalities nobody lets a city overspend or misuse funds unless necessary.

MRSS already has a track with grass inside, and metal stands with wooden bench seating, it's in dire need of a redo/upgrade. It's replacing the existing which is old, and making it more track and field competition friendly instead of the MR weak ass effort.
If it wasn't in need all the NIMBY's and city haters would be shooting it down and fighting it to the death.

I'd say Albion would be a concrete building for changerooms ( we currently have no fields with changerooms) and a few metal stands, with cover, for fans. Dual purpose for soccer/football who currently have grass and no seating at all there.

It's just lots of seating, and likely not at all as elaborate at TownCentre or McLeod. Could just be some really big metal stands.

I'd rather my tax dollars went to that than a black hole for money for a hotel/home for homeless who have no desire to turn their lives around. But that's another argument.

The Franchise

Lifetime Better Bastard
TTP Bookie Staff
Sep 7, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
I will dig up the concept drawing for Albion but its unclear still how is going to go as parking is a big concern. The plan they have now is multi level parking.

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I will dig up the concept drawing for Albion but its unclear still how is going to go as parking is a big concern. The plan they have now is multi level parking.

Jesus, @Dude is gonna have a fit when he find outs Maple Ridge is gonna get a multi level parking stadium.

I'd be happy if they just paved it and painted lines! It's crazy on a tournament weekend for ball but manageable if you mark parking spots properly

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Looks like a pretty nice stadium. Complete with multi-level parking, which I endorse, Yoda, as it serves a secondary purpose as a street person shelter.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
By multi-level we do mean a legit parking garage, no?

Because if not, this is total bullshit, and fcuk Maple Ridge, them and their fancy painted lines. Langley doesn't have painted lines...

rbks

Aug 12, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
There will be 2 turf pitchs at Albion sports complex with change rooms fields we were told will be good to go for next season.
Srt is going to be resurfaced
Merkley gravel will be turf also ready to use start of next season
This is what AlbionFC was told by the municipality (fields)

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts