Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

March Madness 2003

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Zaurrini and HOS,

Please PM me who you think will win the war in Iraq. We'll use that as a potential tie-breaker :rolleyes:

From the pick sheet you submitted your picks on:

Total pts in Final Game
Most Teams in Final 4
Most Teams in Sweet 16

~Regs.

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Trick Question, HOS not falling for That

Originally posted by Regs
Please PM me who you think will win the war in Iraq. We'll use that as a potential tie-breaker :rolleyes:

No ONE Wins in a War Regs, everyone knows that.

Tie-Breaker goes to HOS

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Scoreboard

For those of you who either spend more time looking at your computer screen than your TV, or they aren't in the same room, CBS Sportsline has a great "Live Updating" Scoreboard page you can follow along with.

CBS Sportsline Scoreboard

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Brilliant

The more I watch that page the more I realize how brilliant it is.

If you watch it for a couple minutes, the clock changes and everytime something happens, like a rebound, you will see a box show below the game score and tell you who got the rebound and for who.

Tremendous.

Every year these sites get better and better.

sensei_hanson

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
#14 Holy Cross down 52-50 to #3 Marquette with eight minutes left. This would be a MASSIVE upset for the Patriot League school, who have lost tight contests to Kansas and Kentucky in the last two NCAA tournaments. War Crusaders. They have a plethora of big white donkeys manning the paint.

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I see there are a few more Duke fans out there besides Sandman and I. Good to see. Sensei, picking Duke to lose to Kansas in the sweet 16 will not make up for years of torment they've inflicted on your baby blue wearing cnuts from North Carolina. Shame.

Gonzaga are first round wonders, last year (I think) was the first in 9 they haven't won the first game. If they could ever win 2 I'd have a new dark horse.

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Finals

Marquette pulled it off but it was close.
Zags up by 8 with 3 minutes left, should be able to hold on, not that i want to jinx them.

Cal and NC State in OT :eek:

Go Cal!

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
First 3

The first three games are in the book

Marquette
California
Gonzaga

all move on to the second round.

3 for 3

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Updates?

Regs,

When are you planning to do updates for the pool? At the end of the week?
I hope your going to update it Real Time, I know you have time to spare for that anyways.
;)

Kidding, I would assume it will be Sunday night/Monday after the weeks games.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
It's updated now... I'm 6/6 (only 6 results in the database currently) :D

I'll update once more before the hockey game tonight and then again after I get back from the game.

~Regs.

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sweet

Now that's service.

Didn't expect you to be updating it that quickly but that's great.

Of course if everything goes downhill for you in the pool things will probably change won't they.

:D

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Originally posted by sensei_hanson
That Eastern Tennessee game is going to make or break me. I've got St. Joe's going to the sweet 16 from the bottom half of the East bracket so any deep Wake Forest run will hurt, big time. If Wake wins this afternoon and loses in round two, I might be okay.

That "never go against Gonzaga in the first round" tip really came in handy last year, when Stepp and Dickau went like 0-37 from behind the 3-pt arc. Poof.

As for those games you mentioned, I've got:

Weber State
Central Michigan
LSU
Penn (they're playing Oklahoma St, not Oklahoma)
Eastern Tennessee

Fcuk, I picked a ton of low seeds today. Weber is a 12, C.Michigan is an 11, Penn is an 11 and East Tenn is a 15!

Poor Salukis. They got jobbed on Dearman's blocking call.
-Sensei.
Ahh, that's what I said, as for what one of the three fcuking March Madness threads it's in, is anyone's guess. :rolleyes:

I also stated that EXCEPT for last years tourney Gonzaga has won 8 of 9 first round games. Poof, right back at ya. Come on Wake!

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
8 4 8 !!!

Suck Ass all you, erm, ass clowns :rolleyes:

~Regslookingtocomeout$1richer :D

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
mmmmm beer.

Another game dropped, mmmmm bop, another game dropped, mmmmm bop.

Stanford 77 San diego 69

:knvb: 7-8
Sensei 5-8

KNVBlookingtobe12beerdrunker. :D

sensei_hanson

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Pretty fcuking confident. You do realize this tournament goes on for two more weeks, right? Once Duke gets bounced you'll be off to market with a garbage bag full of cans to make up the coin for my beer. Ass clown. They don't accept Club Z Cola cans either.

If I was the San Diego AD I would fire my men's basketball coach, immediately. That big tub of ink, Keep, gets in foul trouble while his team is down by 11 points. He sits for 12 minutes and the Toros bounce back to take a one-point lead in his absence. So coach lightbulb pulls the kid who's 8-10 from the charity stripe and inserts Keep (me off the floor), who promptly misses his next four FG attempts and can't play defense on anybody down low because he's scared to pick up his 5th and disqualifying foul. And USD goes onto lose a game they should have won. Nice one, Coach Assclown. I hate mid-majors.

Bastard the lot of 'em. Stanford looked like shite and will get throttled by UConn in the next round anyways. This Central Michigan score is looking promising, however.

Drinking to a Wake Forest loss tonite,
-Sensei. Assclown.

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Thanks for breaking it down Bobby Brown, but for every game you drop here it's 2 points you can't win next round. That doesn't change even if it runs for 9 weeks. Ass clown.

Better send your application into Vancouver parks and Rec. now for field time at Adanac, before the Chinese bird snaps up all can time on the heavy drinking days.

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
March Madness indeed

Some marvelous games today.

Kansas squeaks by and Notre Dame survives a scare that probably should have been a loss.
Why didn't that guy from Wis-Mil just cram the damn thing?
Oh wait, he was white wasn't he?

:p

Duke is looking great playing #14 Colorado State.

Not looking so good for TheRob, Sandman, and BJB.
:)

cerebral smallsy

Oct 5, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
not bad

13/16 on day 1.:)
that fcukin white bread plumber on Wisc-Milw. cost me an upset. dumbnuts missed a two footer underneath the hoop! heartbreaker. nice upset win by tulsa to end off the nite though.
twelve more hours of hoops tommorrow:D

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
This time of year is fcuking brilliant when it comes to college basketball. Despite my poor picks today(that is surprising :rolleyes: ), it was a magic night of basketball. Nothing beats March Madness, especially when the small schools take the big schools right to the end, or better yet, beat them. I called the Chippawas win over Creighton but my other upsets didn't come through. I'm guessing I ended up with about 10 / 16, which isn't going to cut it. Either way, it should be a great day of hoops tomorrow again. Upsets for tomorrow should include Alabama, Austin Peay, and Penn. Throw in Auburn for good measure. :)

Go Texas....

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0