Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

March Madness 2003

sensei_hanson

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
One major upset all day. And I picked Dayton and Weber State to meet next round, with Weber going to the sweet 16. Gawddamn.

This tourney has been murder thus far. The only hunch that played out was the Central Michigan special over Creighton. The rest of the underdogs have come up remarkably short. With the number of 5-12 matchups going in favour of the 12-seed in the past few years, I figured ND and the Badgers were in trouble. But I guess not.

I am going to need a big day tomorrow,
-Sensei.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
14 4 16 and still tied for the lead.

Ass clowns :D

~Regswhohasupdatedthestandings.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
No, I have 2 more "upsets" picked for tomorrow, just as I picked only 2 "upsets" for today (Gonzaga and Tulsa).

Where you're going with that, I don't know, but good luck all the same!

Ass clown.

~Regs.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
If I am TB then you are TBP - The Bitter Prognosticator, also living up to your name :rolleyes:

Good luck with the rest of your picks... you'll need it if you're gonna win those cases of beer. Whoops, that's right, you welched :eek:

Ass :bronco: clown bringing up the rear (surprise, surprise)

:D

~Regs.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
It's all about last year's hockey pool, all about last year's hockey pool...
Which Ballbaby won and everyone else... didn't.

Your own previous comments therefore make whatever point you were attempting to make, moot.

TBP

:D

~Regs.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Actually, it's all about making money in the hockey pool. How much did you win? I thought so. Therefore, you should direct yourself to the link you left. Thanks for coming out.

The Ass Clown

sensei_hanson

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sadly, I'm not faring much better in the big-stakes Sportsnet.ca pool than I am in the $51 jackpot TTP pool.

I opted to take Tulsa in the Sportsnet pool which was great, especially since I have them going to the sweet 16. Overall I'm 12/16 there, with a good west region bracket, going 7/8. Bloody Memphis screwed me there.

My TTP pool isn't going very well at all, currently situated at the bottom of the scrap heap with an awful 10/18 first day performance. St. Joe's is already down by 10 so it looks like I might be getting assclowed again today. My only two real upset picks of the day are Penn and E Tenn St - and I'm beginning to regret that E Tenn St. pick already.

While I agree that this tournament is far and away the best time of year for basketball, I'm a bit surprised that there hasn't been more upsets thus far. I can't remember the last tournament where three #5 seeds advanced to the second round. And calling the Central Michigan win over Creighton an upset is a bit of a joke considering both are equally good mid-major programs. All the cinderellas have to show thus far is the Tulsa over Dayton game, and that's just an upset in seedings, not talent. Dayton was a generous 4th seed and Tulsa was much better than a #13.

Assclowns.

cerebral smallsy

Oct 5, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
fcukin st.josephs.
huge comeback, four point lead in ot and then they blow it....fcuk!!!!! left handed white guy couldn't make a shot to save his life. had them reaching sweet sixteen too...:(

sensei_hanson

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
...Done

And with that crucial St. Joe's OT loss to Auburn, I think I am officially fcuked. Jameer Nelson, although you scored 32 points and basically carried the team on your shoulders.....

You should never hoist an off-balanced trey attempt so early in the shot clock with your team up four points.

Boo everything.
-Sensei.

sensei_hanson

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Fuh-uck.

The list of second round picks that screwed me, ass-clown style:

Oregon (8)
Weber State (12)
Dayton (4)
S Illinois (11)
Cincy (8)
Memphis (7)
LSU (8)
San Diego (13)
Penn (11)
St. Joes (7)
East Tenn State (15)

There simply haven't been enough upsets this year. No 5-seeds have been eliminated and only a single 6-seed has been bounced. My entire East bracket is fcuked, unless Syracuse goes to the elite eight.

My lingering hope for a case of beer lies with Duke and Wake getting bounced in round two, which would get me back into the race for suds. Looking at it, I really need the Dookies, Deacons and Marquette to all get bounced as early as possible for me to gain any sort of ground on the third Sedin. As I try in vain to look at the positives, I remind KNVB that as far as sweet 16 teams go, I've got 14 left; you've got 15 left. Don't count yer chickens just yet.

A deciding factor will also be how far Texas and Florida go in the tourney. Keep that one in mind.

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
My confidence in Duke and Wake is up so how about we sweeten the pot a bit then? Say we throwing in a bag of Dutch Crunch(of course) Jalapeno & Cheddar chips and not the small ass clown 7-11 size either. I'm talking Costco size.

Makes the beers roll down that much better. ;)

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Not a bad deal

That sounds like a good deal since Duke looked so confident in their easy handling of, of, of,.................who did they play again?
Oh yeah, number 14 seed Colorado State.
:rolleyes:

Dukes only got one more win and then their done for the year.
They should knock off Central Mich. but can't see them beating Kansas after yesterdays performance.

sensei_hanson

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
This went from a friendly side-wager to you trying to nourish your kid for the next month. I debate the nutritional merits of potato chip puree but hey, what do I know about raising rugrats. All of my children think their father is living in the Cayman Islands.

I'll take you up on this extended offer, but I wonder if Guinness is actually pulling the strings on this one. Sitting behind you, (or on your lap, whichever the little guy prefers) blazing the hippie lettuce, mumbling about ample sustenance for the following weeks. If the next request is for Hot Pockets, King Dons and a case of Dr. Pepper, I'm welching on this whole damn thing.

So, in conclusion, I guess I'll take you up on your offer.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0