Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Mauricio a prat? Noooooo!!!

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
This is too funny :D

Jones tells Canadian referee: 'You're a prat!' Jul 24 2006

Terry Phillips, South Wales Echo
Dave Jones blasted the Canadian referee after Cardiff City's Nations Cup final against hosts Vancouver Whitecaps last night.

The Bluebirds lost on penalties after a goalless 90 minutes and manager Jones branded referee Mauricio Navarro 'a prat'.

Cardiff players and staff accused Vancouver-based Navarro of swearing at them during the game and being over-zealous in his pre-match build-up.

The official ordered Cardiff players to remove all rings before the game could start.

'In Britain referees expect rings to be taped up and we had done that,' said Jones. 'Some of his decisions were poor - he booked Michael Chopra for holding off a defender and then did nothing when a Vancouver player went into a challenge with his studs up.

'I felt the referee was a prat. I was delighted at the way my players maintained their discipline.'

Darren Purse, Michael Chopra and Steve Thompson all failed to score from penalties as City lost the shoot-out, with Kevin McNaughton the only one on target as Vancouver won 3-1. But the Cardiff players went over to the City fans and gave them their match shirts.

Jones is aiming to sign four more players including Jason Koumas from West Brom and Liverpool goalkeeper Scott Carson.

Article from here: http://icwales.icnetwork.co.uk/southwalesecho/sport/tm_objectid=17438277%26method=full%26siteid=50082%26headline=jones%2dtells%2dcanadian%2dreferee%2d%2d%2dyou%2dre%2da%2dprat%2d%2d-name_page.html

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Fcuking Whitecaps should be ashamed of themselves hosting this 'tournament' on the same weekend as the REAL Nations Cup. I'm not really surprised when I see who is in charge of things.......

As for the referee in question.......hard to believe..........:rolleyes:

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
I have held in whole, or in some shape, a seasons tick for the Caps for the last 4 years now. I stand in the SS and pretend to be a hard core fan. I like the atmosphere there better than anywhere else I guess, and the guys are generally good people.
I am finding it harder and harder to support the Caps.
Having Sunderland in last year was class. But if you cannot get a decent side here to play a game, or have a few decent sides here to play a series, don't do it at all.
1. Why call it the Nations Cup on the same weekend as the NATIONS CUP?
2. Why do you advertise the China U-20's when they were, for the benefit of the discussion under 20 as well as under 12 ffs.
3. The Indian team is shite. I understand the need to "connect with the ethnic community" LOOK AROUND FFS! India just won the Nations Cup. I see a lot of Indo Canadians at Whitecaps games. Almost al of their youth teams are made up of Indo kids...

I am not trying to be inflamatory to the Indo Canadians here, I am simply stating my being offended that they are trying to capitalize on your "minority":mad: :rolleyes:

Have decent sides in for Glamour friendlies or don't bother at all.

We all know he is a prat, thanks Captain Obvious:D

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0