Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Mingin' Team Nicknames

mackers

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
WAB,

I had to start this thread because of your team, sorry ?!?!?! It's funny because I was out with one of your players the other night, she was supposed to sign up here as well, and we were talking about her team. I knew she played for a Div 1 Surrey team and occasionally played for the premier team but didn't know their team nickname. When she told me it was the Beavers I was on the floor LMAO !! I asked her WHY ?? She didn't know and proceeded to tell me that they don't go by the Beavers, they refer to their team as SBSC (or SBFC ??).

Anyways, that has to be up there with one of the mingingest(is that a word?) team nicknames !!

Any others out there, I have a few more but want to see what everyone else has.

Cheers, mackers.

PS. Moosehands, where are you ?? If you need help, call me !!

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Beavers

From what some of the ladies tell me, the Beavers name came from a Surrey Rugby club, later turned into a sports club and then a soccer club, which now has women teams.

A div 2 team name: WO-MANS

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Tis true

Way back when I was playing youth in the Surrey United system, there was an older team called the SU Beavers... I think Chris Turner may have been their keeper.

WAB is correct also in that the Beavers were a Rugby club as well. Reedy's brothers played for them I think.

~TBwhohopesthenewmoderatorkeepsthisthreadontopic:D

T

ttt

Beavers Name

Regs:

The name Beavers for a soccer team goes a long way back to a North Van juvenile club I played for called the Burdett Beavers (boys only). They started in 1955 and eventually had teams in every age group so you can see how old I am.

Even in those days when one of the parents yelled out "Come on the Beavers" us 12 year olds would crack up especially when a very loud English dad would yell it out about 10 times a game. His son would get really pissed at us and you only hoped he wouldn't shout if you were going for goal.

By the way, we had good teams including the one I played on which won the then prestigious Mainland Cup (juvenile) severaal times and the Provincial Cup in Div. 5 back in 1959. Our name caused us to go out in the quarters and semis every year after that.

Fen Burdett after whom the Mahon Park grandstand is named sponsored this club. One of our most notorious players was Gerry Macey.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
ttt/tit - they're both the same spelled backwards

tit,

What I posted was in context of what WAB was saying. That's a very nice story nonetheless. It would have been better if you wrote it all backwards. I think you know how to do that, don't you?

~TBgivingsomeonetheopportunitytocomecleanwithallheknows.

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Run It's Course

I think this thread has run its course. Unless we want to move on to southern US nicknames.....

mackers

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Run its course ??

WAB,

We just got started, how can you say its run its course ?? We first have to stop going on about the Beavers, I think THAT has run its course !!

Superstar, DA, Chocolate, Lefty, etc. let's hear some nicknames from you all.

My next mingin nickname comes from Div 3D, our next opponent and hopefully victory comes from none other than the....ready for this....."Hodder Tugs"

If we get beat by this squad I will not be happy :mad:

LET'S HEAR 'EM !!

Cheers, mackers.

Superstar

Oct 1, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hmmm.....

The name Surrey Beavers is really 2 roasts in one and no team can top that!! (yet) Because I was asked for some output and was unable to think of anything good names, the only mingin' nickname I could think of was my own Team's
Kerrisdale F.C. - (aka) 'KFC' - mmm finger lickin' good

Now that is just plane silly if you ask me:p

Superstar

mackers

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
sexual chocolate,

I didn't realise the Tugs were the team you are involved with, what no retort to my posting of your minging "nickname" ??

Cheers, mackers.

L

lefty

Well, it's been awhile since I last posted any message. But since my input was requested, I can hardly let my #1 fan down! Mingin' nicknames...........Hmm, you really can't beat Surrey Beavers. KFC, is pretty funny and Hodder Tugs, well...how do you come up with that? I did get the pleasure of seeing the latter play yesterday ( if you could call it that ) RUFC ladies, gave them a beating. Winning 5 - bagel. Way to go, girlies!! By the way why aren't you writing in? I know some of you are registared. Get on it will you??!! My team nickname is the Stingrays; I'm not sure were this came from, most likely followed the team up from juveie.
Ciao

rod emerson

Jun 9, 2015
Tokens
Dirty Money
I also played for the Burdett Beavers from 1965-1967, we kicked butt in North Van area back then in all
age groups. It was a great time

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
"Friends United" or was that just mean?:D

Urban Rec has some deliberately goofy team names, like "Man Chest Hair City" but those are intentional. For kids' teams, SCK and I wouldn't let our kids call their team the "Blue Ballers" for reasons the kids didn't quite get.:rolleyes:

Grandview Legion uses traditional logging-themed names for their house league teams, but could probably do without the Fallers or the Chokers...

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
RF there are actually quite a few Burdett Beaver Alumni in the NSCL last time I looked. They were the arch rivals of the Lynn Valley clubs, especially Lynn Valley Falcons, across several juvenile divisions. One notable exception was the born in 1958 group that in later years faced the Falcons...the original Pegasus.

I also recall that the Lynn Valley boys were pretty hard on the Beaves.

Another famous North Shore minging name from back then was a team called Pinky Laundry.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts