Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Moab

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
So, for the 1.78 of you out in TTP land, I thought I’d post a few pretty fcuking cool photos of Moab, Utah.

I had some meetings down in San Francisco today and tomorrow, so my buddy / business colleague and I decided it would be a good idea to extend our trip and take off to Moab, Utah for two days of riding.

Simply put, if you are a cyclist of any kind- I don’t care if it is road, mountain, unicycle, or on a bicycle built for three w/ Jesus and Moses- you need to get to Moab. It is world renown as one of the best places on the planet to mountain bike.

We landed Thursday in Denver, and decided that the estimated 6 hour drive in would be made more enjoyable, and a bit faster, if we were to upgrade our Ford Taurus to this ride. For an extra $65.00 a day, what the hell, right? Moab 2008 - Upgraded Rental TTP Multimedia Gallery II

Rode Friday for 4.5 hours, and Saturday for 6. Fridays ride was a “sampler”, about ~25 KM and ~2,000 feet of climbing. Saturday’s epic took us for ~35 KM, over 3,500 of climbing. What we didn’t know was Moab is already at 5,000’ elevation, so it took a while on Friday for the lungs stop bleeding, but all worth it. You forget you’re climbing once you’re on the slick-rock. It is so cool to ride these rock faces, and you can climb them at incredibly steep grades due to the traction. I guess the area is quite an archeological study; the whole area was at one time an ocean floor. The rock literally has dinosaur footprints entombed in them. Our guide, Bruce, took us to an area of the National park (he works for them)- a ½ hour hike detour- to a spot on the bluff where they have found ancient wall paintings. Again, pretty fcuking cool. Local archeologists figure the paintings are over 8,000 years old. P1000218 - 8000 year old painting. Pretty fcuking cool. TTP Multimedia Gallery II

One painting in particular was quite stunning. Moab 2008 - More pre-historic rock paintings. TTP Multimedia Gallery II

The whole area is nothing short of awe inspiring, and I really need another 4-5 days riding there to see and ride everything I want to ride. That being said, on Saturday after the ride we booked out of there pretty quick and drove to Salt Lake City. Moab is the mountain bike equivalent to getting a prostitute. Get in there, do what you need to do, and get out. The night life sucks in Moab. SLC, however, was pretty damn fun Saturday night. Everyone is exceedingly happy there, and the women are georgeous. Something to that Morman thing.

Anyhow- long story short…if you are a cyclist, get to Moab and experience it. Like no other riding anywhere. It is a pain in the ass to get to, but well worth it.

Sliver

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Very cool! Did you bring your own bikes or did you rent?
That's quite the rock painting.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Rented. Too much a pain to bring our own, plus, they wouldn't have fit in the ragtop.

The Ventana's were a nice ride, set up well for the area. The slickrock would have shreded my soft rubber compound we use out here.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts