Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Moore sues Bertuzzi. Again.

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I just heard on CBC that everyones favorite twat has filed a lawsuit against Bertuzzi in Ontario. I think it totals to around 4mil for him.

Oh, his parents are suing Bertuzzi too. They want 1.5mil.

While they're at it, I could use a few mil. Throw me in there too.

I guess his name hasn't been in the news lately so Moore thought it was time to get it in there. Hmmm, right at the start of the Olympic hockey tourny too. What a strange coincidence.

I can't wait until this fcuking little twat goes away forever.

Team Canada

Mar 19, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
It's $20 million for Moore, and $1.5 for his parents for "infliction of nervous shock and mental distress". Give me a friggin break, how american. And from what they're saying on TV, if the suit does go through, it could take up to 2 years before everything is finally settled.

So why are they doing it? To put a guy who, had it not been for all of this, no one would have ever heard of, back in the spotlight, and to give a cheap shot to a guy who's just managed to pull his life back together.

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Last I heard it's $14 million in "lost wages" $4 million in personal anguish related BS and $1.5 for mum and dad. The timing of this absolutely smacks of Moore giving Bert the royal fcuk you. What it also does is absolutely confirms that Moore will never ever play in the NHL again, fit or not. There is now way in a sport with so many un-written code could you get away with fcuking with Team Canada.

So, $14 million in lost wages for a 4th line player. 4th liners make what? $400,000 to $550,000 per year? $14 million? Give me a fcuking break. Moore will still come out golden on this with around $6 mill.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Agree... also agree with what Pratt and Taylor were saying yesterday, that Moore has managed the seemingly impossible- to make us feel sorry for Bert. The guy has obviously decided that he won't be playing hockey anymore, and is putting all his eggs in this money train.

I guess the only other question is what split Bert and the 'Nucks agree to in the settlement. Is 50/50 fair? Even though there is an unwritten code, and even though it is likely that it was said, or implied, that they should "get" Moore, it was still Bert who did it in a cowardly, stupid manner. Hey, maybe this will "inspire" Bertuzzi to start playing like a star on a consistent basis? Perhaps there is an opportunity for the Canucks to offer a "bonus" for performance: "you score 50 goals Bert, and we'll pay half your settlement." :D

Christ, with layers fees, this will cost Bert at least a season- maybe two, after taxes- of wages.

I wonder what kind of ripple effect this will have on the way the game is played?

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
It's interresting to read these posts now after 8 years! Fcuk, we're getting old!

I know that my opinion on it hasn't changed. I too wonder what the final number is, and I wonder how much of it the 'Nucks will quietly pick-up. Things have changed there, too. Trevor is now president, and he was on the ice and in the room during this whole sega. It would be very easy for the Bert camp to go to the 'Nucks and ask for a fair split in exchange for keeping everything out of the courts, and lips sealed.

For the 'Nucks, and the NHL, for that matter, what is picking up 1/2 of a $14M settlement? Nothing, in the grand scheme of things, really.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I wouldn't be surprised if the NHL quietly kicked in some dosh... really, they had the most to lose by this thing going to trial.

mtkb

Feb 1, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
It's interresting to read these posts now after 8 years! Fcuk, we're getting old!

I know that my opinion on it hasn't changed. I too wonder what the final number is, and I wonder how much of it the 'Nucks will quietly pick-up. Things have changed there, too. Trevor is now president, and he was on the ice and in the room during this whole sega. It would be very easy for the Bert camp to go to the 'Nucks and ask for a fair split in exchange for keeping everything out of the courts, and lips sealed.

For the 'Nucks, and the NHL, for that matter, what is picking up 1/2 of a $14M settlement? Nothing, in the grand scheme of things, really.

Good point. If they're willing to pay Luongo that much to play the next few years in Florida, why not pay the same to make some horrid p.r. disappear...

mtkb

Feb 1, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
they're not after Bertuzzi; they're after the Canucks for their players threatening it, and both them and the NHL for allowing it to happen... cha-ching...

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
That's exactly what I'm reading into this. Sure Bert did the deed, but there was / is a whole underlying culture and unwritten code that supported him in doing so. If the 'Nucks, their coaching staff, their GM at the time, their players at the time, their current president, and the NHL at large were to ever have to testify in court, it'd be the team's and NHL's worst nightmare.

Boy did Bert ever pick the wrong guy to sucker...

bandcamp

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Boy did Bert ever pick the wrong guy to sucker...

He absolutely destroyed a fellow player with a crazy sucker punch from behind and then drove his unconscious face into the ice under 240 pounds of inertia. The fact it was D Moore means very little.

I'll concede that Moore is likely more inclined to be litigious considering his background and education but any player that has this happen to him is going to lawyer up. Never going to be a good ending.

How much does The Crow have to pay and how much has he been sweating the last 8 years?

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0