Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

MWSL-Div. 1-09/10 Predictions, Banter, etc.

dixieD

Aug 23, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money
So back in the MWSL after an 18 month absence... what's the league lookin' like for the 09/10 season?

striker14

Jul 29, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
This is what our pool looks like
A lot of teams we played last season
I don't recognize the Surrey and Delta teams
This is a tough pool yet again
It will be a true test of our team as we were new in Div 1 last season and finished 2nd to last :(
We have lost a few of our girls that are pregnant
We have gained a couple back from being off making babies

VGSC Sabres
Richmond Rumble
Richmond FC Stingrays
Surrey United Selects
PCOV
Vancouver Jaguars
Vancouver Vixens A
Delta Metro United

Looking forward to filling the net as I was in a bit of a slump last season with only 2 goals :eek:

good luck to all...see you on the pitch!

striker14

dixieD

Aug 23, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money
So Aldergrove Adrenaline had an exibition game Wednesday night against NCUSC Elite. A nice little preview of the season opener for both teams. Aldergrove came out with a 1-0 lead early in the first half, a beauty from 20 yards out. No more scoring took place, and come the second half you could tell both teams were in need of a bit more conditioning, as the game took a kick and run transition from the smooth possession game of the first. Excited for the rematch come next weekend!

striker14

Jul 29, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Vancouver Jaguars 0 VGSC Sabres 1

we had the majority of the possession and we were in their end most of the game, but, once we hit the 18 yard box, they were able to hold us off
they had 1 good run down the field, a few good passes and a nice finish, about 30 minutes into the game

they were held to that and we're 1 game down

i thought our team played very well. our passing game was great for a first game of the season. we had a new keeper between the sticks and she played great as well.

next game is friday night vs. delta metro united

striker14

Jul 29, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Delta United 3 Vancouver Jaguars 2

what a hard fought game
considering united had no subs and were down a man in the 2nd half, they played a tough game

they went up 1 nil in the first half, about 30 mins in
our keeper made 2 fantastic saves, 1 after the other, and then the ball was jumping around in the 6 yard box and a united player just had to get a toe on it, and she did

in the 2nd half, there was a 50/50 ball with me and the keeper...i went hard at it, she went to punt it out, it went off my leg, right to my other forward and she had an empty net and filled it. 1-1

right after our goal, pretty much 30 seconds after kick off, they get to about 25 yards out, punt a ball in, a high up in the air ball, and it tucks right under the bar, over our goalies head...a goalies nightmare ball. 2-1

with about 15 mins to go, one of our girls comes down the left side, gets to the top of the 18, takes a shot, top corner. BEAUTY! 2-2

5 mins left, a ball gets put up between our D-line, their forward busts by 2 of our defenders and scores :( 3-2

that's the final. we had a lot of defensive breakdowns which lead to 2 of their goals. it was a battle but again, we come off short in the end.

next game isn't until sept 27th vs. Vixens...always a tough team to play

AntiFan

Apr 4, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Striker no game report from your pervious game or are u still having a moan ( temper tantrum) on whether the ball was out or not on the side line? :rolleyes:

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Vixens 2 (that we saw) Jaguars bagel (that we saw)

Stayed and watched this display by some healthy young ladies at Montgomery after our own debacle. Jaguars missed a penalty (not very well taken - straight at the keeper), and were unlucky to have a hurry-up free kick that gave them a breakaway called back by an otherwise extremely disinterested ref.

For the referees who haunt this site: Player A fouls Player B, but gets the worst of it and injures herself. Player B's team is rightfully awarded a free kick, which they put into play quickly, taking advantage of Player A's being on the ground distracting her team-mates. Apparently the referee does not feel that Player A needs attention badly enough to warrant holding play to be looked after, so the play is allowed to continue for several seconds after the ball is put into play. Play is only stopped after Player B's team has a chance to score, and the whistle is blown. Note that at no time does either team make an effort to put the ball out of play.

Was this the correct decision? My personal opinion on the topic is that once the referee had deemed it possible to play on after the free kick was taken, then he should have been bound by that decision until the ball went out of play or another stoppage was warranted, and then attended to the player.

Striker 14 is apparently too busy watching Man Unexcited play to post...:rolleyes:

:D

AntiFan

Apr 4, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Thanks Trece.. and i would have to agree with you about the ref. He was seen jogging to his car apres game without staying for hand shake.

dixieD

Aug 23, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money
Let me be the first to say, the refs out in Aldergrove are pretty ridiculous. Don't leave the center circle, whistle down any hint of contact, call imaginary hand balls, and make calls only after a player complains or calls it. Time to get some fresh meat out there I reckon.

striker14

Jul 29, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Striker no game report from your pervious game or are u still having a moan ( temper tantrum) on whether the ball was out or not on the side line? :rolleyes:

you have me confused with another one of my players
i know the call you are referring to and i was not having a moan about it
but, in defense of my player who worked her ass off to keep it in when one of the vixen players/fans was lining that side, it was clearly in and it was a shite call

re: referee

i'm sure by now you all know how i feel about this referee
he never stays for handshakes because he is a coward and can't face any sort of questions after the game...he is SHITE!!

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
A coward?

My impression was more that he just didn't give a rat's arse. Heaven forbid that any referee would only be interested in money...:D

So were you actually wearing #14 that game?

striker14

Jul 29, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
we had a game at 12pm today
we got a call from the league at 10:50am (when i was 2 mins from the field) and were told that the referee cancelled all games on this field, china creek...shocking :rolleyes:
so, the referee cancelled all games on the pitch for the day at probably around 9:30am...we don't get a call until 10:50am when our entire team is on their way to the pitch, or arriving at the field
i personally live in langley, so have left my house at 10am

the vixens b team that played at 10am were able to warn their team, the vixens A, ahead of time so that they didn't have to get out of their PJ's, and we weren't told a damn thing until almost an hour and a half later
i got a call from their coach about 20 minutes later but it's not his job to inform us, so, can't be pissed at him

gotta love this system
they don't update the website STILL, but they send us each an email at a little before 11am, which none of us are going to see from our cars, except for the few girls who have iphones or a blackberry, and think that is appropriate enough notice/time

unbelievable :mad:

also, i walked the pitch a bit...soppy up the middle, but other than that, very playable
we've played in worse conditions on way worse fields
our referee was there, coffee in hand, and said that it looks good, but, the middle is pretty messy but he was even confused on who had called the game

rusty210210

Oct 7, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yah Striker, a bit of confusion this morning. Vixens B only notified us that their game was cancelled, but like you we needed to hear from the league too. We had a few at the field, a few more on a bus, 5 in cars on route and a few Vixens B who we had planned to play up wondering whether to stay or go.

I thought it best just call you as I did, just in case you did not get the email. Most of ours did not get the email in time either, but we caught them on route.

striker14

Jul 29, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yah Striker, a bit of confusion this morning. Vixens B only notified us that their game was cancelled, but like you we needed to hear from the league too. We had a few at the field, a few more on a bus, 5 in cars on route and a few Vixens B who we had planned to play up wondering whether to stay or go.

I thought it best just call you as I did, just in case you did not get the email. Most of ours did not get the email in time either, but we caught them on route.

i did appreciate the call
thanks again

Gooner21

Aug 29, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money
Info for the masses: BGSC Canadians premier are hosting a co-ed tournament to raise money to attend the national indoor championships in Vegas. Dec 27/28 at 8 rinks. Plans are hopefully for competitive and rec divisions but we're looking to see if enough rec interest exists or it'll just be one competitive division. More details to come, but let me know if interest exists....

striker14

Jul 29, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
So...get this
we, meaning ALL TEAMS IN THE MWSL, get an email from the League on November 26th stating...

Cup Play for the 2009/10 season will begin for some teams on December 12 and 13 and 15.
All teams are expected to be prepared to play till December 15, 2009.
First games back will be scheduled starting January 8, 2010.

then, we get this email...

Game Date: Saturday December 12, 2009 at 12:00 PM
Home Team: Surrey United Selects Div1
Away Team: Vancouver Jaguars
Field: Cloverdale Athletic Park
Notes: game cancelled- will be rescheduled in January

Sorry to have to cancel this game but in the interest of fair play, there was not a lot of notice for a Saturday game and the Surrey United team is unable to field a competitive team for this match. I apologize to any players who rearranged schedules to accommodate this game.

WTF??? a "competitive team"
so, in other words, their key players won't be available, so, let's cancel the game??!!

what a joke!

happy holidays everybody

shaven

Sep 17, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
That sucks, Striker. Have to give them the benefit of the doubt, though (or at least would like to think we could); it might well be that, given the time of year and two weeks to Christmas, many of their players might well be otherwise engaged, away, etc. You never know, might be a team that only has a roster of 13 or so, and could be missing half of them for this match.

I feel your skepticism, I do...however, I'd like to think its on the up-and-up...

~Shaven

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Striker, we're in the same boat. We just found out on Saturday that 4 of our UBC girls have exams between 12 - 3 and we had a home game scheduled for 2:30. Add to that, two girls who are out of province(there was no game originally scheduled for the 12th, , and 2 injuries(both within the last week), we are unable to field more than 8 players. If it was league play, no problem because we could bring up Selects players but since it is cup, we are not allowed to. On top of that, I would have brought of 3 youth players for the game to field 11 but we are not allowed to use youth players for cup games either. So basically, we can't field a team and it would be a waste of Surrey United's time to come out to play 8 players(2 who are goalies). For the record, this team has 16 players registered at the moment. I know SU has offered to have the game rescheduled (classy move by Knaacks) and we will gladly do so at their field/convenience. Now it is up to league. We certainly aren't shafting SU. If we could field 11, we would and play the game.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0