Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

MWSL - Div 1 Chatter/Predictions/Banter, etc...

DSink

Nov 19, 2010
Tokens
Dirty Money
Here's the draw, with the top seeds (as of the december cup draw) in italics, and teams' current record:

Group 1
Aldergrove Adrenaline: 9-4-0
Langley Lush Puppies: 0-8-1
Semiahmoo Spirit: 2-8-2
NSGSC Storm: 2-11-1

Group 2
NCUSC Elite: 10-2-2
West Coast FC Strikers: 7-3-2
White Rock United B: 3-6-3
Vancouver Mavericks: 7-4-1

Group 3
Meraloma Warriors: 8-2-3
Delta United: 7-5-2
Poco FC Gunners: 5-5-1
Westside FC Shamrock Rovers: 2-7-4

Group 4
Trinity Western Titans: 7-2-4
SBAA Ajax: 6-4-3
Richmond FC Stingrays: 2-6-6
NSGSC Red Socks: 8-4-2

Group 5
Bombastic FC A: 9-4-1
Vancouver Jaguars: 2-9-2
Clearbrook FC: 4-3-5
Wickham FC - 4-6-3

Group 6
VGSC Sabres: 6-1-5
Port Moody Mayhem: 3-8-3
Vancouver Vixens A: 5-4-3
Surrey United Selects Div 1: 3-5-3

With all the cancellations/bad weather, it's a bit harder to get a read on where everyone's at, but it'll be interesting to see how things shape up...

striker14

Jul 29, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Group 5
Bombastic FC A: 9-4-1
Vancouver Jaguars: 2-9-2
Clearbrook FC: 4-3-5
Wickham FC - 4-6-3

we are the under dogs of this pool as you can see
fresh new teams so hopefully we can pull out a couple of wins
we are down to 13 players and no full time goalie right now so should be interesting

striker14

Jul 29, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Jaguars suffered their first forfeit in our 12 year history today
we were 9 players total
we were down 5 nil at half and the Clearbrook FC team did not have any mercy on us
after the 8th goal, we had a team huddle and waved the white flag
it wasn't worth it to continue when they were showing no signs of letting up, knowing we were playing 2 men short
you would think their coach would tell them to pass the ball around a bit more, and maybe work on their game a bit seeing as they were clearly gonna kill us, but instead, he was the loudest one on the sidelines and cheering after every single goal like it was a close game and for the championship
in the end, no matter if they score 23 goals, only 5 are going to be registered, so why rack 'em up?
they were actually getting pissed at each other when they were missing the goal, and not taking shots from out a bit...they were dribbling it right into our 6 yard box and rippin' it
we started hearing comments like "let me score one now"
i am not trying to take anything away from this team as they were playing well, but really??

Jaguars are suffering this season with injuries, no goalie, no substitutes
we have 1 game left next week and i believe we are at 10 players right now, so, should be interesting

good luck to other teams
see you next season!

Six of One

Jan 23, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
their coach... was the loudest one on the sidelines and cheering after every single goal like it was a close game and for the championship
in the end, no matter if they score 23 goals, only 5 are going to be registered, so why rack 'em up?
Sounds like their coach is an idiot or maybe he just isn't aware of the tiebreaking rules and this is a problem with how the MWSL runs its cup competition. "Goals For" is one of the first tiebreakers, so the idea is to score as many as possible, but then it is capped at 5???

striker14

Jul 29, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sounds like their coach is an idiot or maybe he just isn't aware of the tiebreaking rules and this is a problem with how the MWSL runs its cup competition. "Goals For" is one of the first tiebreakers, so the idea is to score as many as possible, but then it is capped at 5???

for example, if we scored 8, and they scored 23, they would only get 13 goals
5 goal differential at most
it is brutal
we surrendered at 8 nil and they only got a 5 nil win

Conductor

May 1, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Striker14, tough pill to swallow when you can't field a full line up for a cup game. Good on you and the other girls who did show up and give a good effort. Looks like the Jags will have to make some changes for next year, and be sure to get women signed who want to play and make the commitment!!

Wickham7

Feb 18, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
We had the same issue out in Clearbrook....not very classy.

We play you on the weekend and we have been having the same struggles with injuries, illness and attendance at the games. Let's try and have a good (fun) game on Sunday.

Cheers!!

striker14

Jul 29, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
We had the same issue out in Clearbrook....not very classy.

We play you on the weekend and we have been having the same struggles with injuries, illness and attendance at the games. Let's try and have a good (fun) game on Sunday.

Cheers!!

i hear this was a pretty exciting game! i had to miss out due to baptizing my daughter and also suffering a neck injury from our first cup game
it was a 0-0 finish with PK's
i heard about our goalie, who isn't our normal goalie, but because we have had so many injuries and no full time keeper, she stepped up, and made some HUGE saves in the game and PK's
i was sad to miss out on seeing this game
have a great spring/summer and maybe we'll see you ladies next season?

shaven

Sep 17, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
for example, if we scored 8, and they scored 23, they would only get 13 goals
5 goal differential at most
it is brutal
we surrendered at 8 nil and they only got a 5 nil win

I agree completely striker, this is a silly rule/guideline and needs to be tabled at the AGM (if not sooner) as something that needs to change. We're all adults, and sometimes there are going to be days when you're going to get hammered on the scoreline. There's no reason why this "mercy" rule, and that's exactly what it is, need be in effect any longer. Quite right, GF is the first tiebreaker and if that's going to be the case (matters both in Cup AND in League play, for promotion if I'm not mistaken) then however many any one team can put in the back of the net so be it. If teams have commitment issues, or aren't as skilled, well that's just the way it goes. This is competitive football, correct? Points for winning, promotion for being the best in your table? Consequences for losing? Yes, yes... and yes.

Its time the MWSL grew up a little, and took this childish and frankly minor-league "rules" out of how we do business.

~ Shaven

DSink

Nov 19, 2010
Tokens
Dirty Money
I agree completely striker, this is a silly rule/guideline and needs to be tabled at the AGM (if not sooner) as something that needs to change. We're all adults, and sometimes there are going to be days when you're going to get hammered on the scoreline. There's no reason why this "mercy" rule, and that's exactly what it is, need be in effect any longer. Quite right, GF is the first tiebreaker and if that's going to be the case (matters both in Cup AND in League play, for promotion if I'm not mistaken) then however many any one team can put in the back of the net so be it. If teams have commitment issues, or aren't as skilled, well that's just the way it goes. This is competitive football, correct? Points for winning, promotion for being the best in your table? Consequences for losing? Yes, yes... and yes.

Have to agree with this...With a league of this size and number of teams involved, the competitive balance should be allowed to play itself out naturally, and if a team gets hammered, then they probably shouldn't be in that spot anyways.

That being said, there's still a line between classless celebrating while up 8-0 and just taking care of business with sportsmanship and respect.

shaven

Sep 17, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
... and the two final spots! Well done to the East table, a few real quality sides in there. Looking forward to watching this, should be a cracker match. Prediction - Aldergrove 2 - 1 Surrey at full time.

~ Shaven

striker14

Jul 29, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
2011/2012 season is approaching

Vancouver Jaguars are desperate for a GOALIE!!
we train wednesday nights
we are willing to cover all league fees
if you know of anyone, please let me know

striker14

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts