Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

MWSL - Div 1 Chatter/Predictions/Banter, etc...

striker14

Jul 29, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Vancouver Jaguars 1 vs. Meraloma Warriors 5

well, not the start we wanted
the game was 1 nil for the warriors about 15 mins in
our girl brought us level within the next 15 mins
our keeper went out hard and their striker didn't let up so that lead to us losing our keeper
warriors popped in another couple of goals on a scrambly play in the box and a nice cracker from about 18 yards out, top corner
it was 3-1 at half time
2nd half wasn't any better with us losing our shape, running out of gas, and the warriors took advantage with 2 nice goals...nice for them, ugly from us :(

we are going to hopefully shake this one off and get back on track for next week

montgomery wasn't all that bad considering the rain we had all night and day

rusty210210

Oct 7, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Bad news for us too Striker14. We got thumped 4-1 by Stingrays.

Battle of the winless next week at China Creek. See you then.

shaven

Sep 17, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
bombastic fc A 5 v Wickham FC 2

Solid start to the season at AL for us on Sunday. We went up 1-0 'round 20 min in, with Wickham drawing level within 10 min. off a well-placed cross that beat our keeper overhead inside the upper V. We should have been up 3-0 at least by that point, however Wickham's keeper kept them in it with a couple of solid point-blank stops. In the 40th minute we finally potted our second, 2-1 into half where we soundly outplayed them. The second half we dominated for the most part, going up 5-1 as Wickham pressed forward and were left exposed at the back. We had odd-numbered break after another, often from half in. The only real blemish was an easy one we gifted to them off some shoddy defending of a scramble in the 6.

Overall, great start to the season for bfc A, looking forward to NSGSC Storm next Sunday night.

~Shaven

shaven

Sep 17, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Quite a few lopsided scores this weekend...?! It appears, after Week One, that there's a real gap in most tables between the top teams and the bottom teams (not trying to offend anyone, just making an obvious observation for discussion).

Thoughts on this?

Conductor

May 1, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Shaven, I agree with you on this! Mind you some people don't mind the gap!!

It appears, after Week One, that there's a real gap

Lucky for you,it doesn't seem like it will get to hairy or bushy!!;)

shaven

Sep 17, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Shaven playing women's footy now? Interesting.......

No stallion, coaching Women's footy in fact, beginning my third season as such. Still in the game, just in a different capacity. Different locale now, as well, in the city instead of the valley; different place, different role, same game.

~Shaven

striker14

Jul 29, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Vancouver Jaguars 0 Vancouver Vixens 4

Vixens are always a tough team to beat
it was a close game for the first 20 minutes or so
the vixens were awarded a free kick just outside the 18...first shot, hits the crossbar and out, and the ref calls it back because he claims one of our girls in the wall moved. 2nd shot...goal
vixens 2nd goal looked offside but not called...so be it
at half time it was 2 nil vixens
vixens 3rd goal was a battle between goalie and striker...our goalie ran out on a 50/50 ball, tried to tip it past the striker and got it stripped away. the vixen striker had an open net and made no mistake
4th goal, i can't remember to be honest because my mind was on one of our players who got her nose broken by a flying elbow...totally unintentional...one of those freak accidents when 2 players are fighting for the ball
our player is alright...off to hospital where she got it put back into place and splinted

rusty210210

Oct 7, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Keep us abreast of the injured player Striker. We never like to see anyone get injured, let alone a broken nose. Our player feels awful.

Fourth goal was the result of a flail-a-thon in the 18. You could not clear it, our centre-mid attacked the top of the 18 and shot between the legs. I'm pretty sure it went between your centre backs legs.

I told FF we missed him on your sidelines for half the game. He seemed to get you guys going when he came.

striker14

Jul 29, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
yah...he's a great coach...very vocal which is great
our player is good
she's a tough cookie so hopefully she will heal fast and get back out there...she'll be missed

Conductor

May 1, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
yah...he's a great coach...very vocal which is great

Word on the street is Jaguars got a huge victory today without there great coach!! Striker14 also scored on a laser beam shot. Rumour has it the great coach could become the next great trainer and leave the coaching duties up to CR. Congrats to Jaguars who won 2-0 today to a team that just recently shite kicked them 9-0 in the summer!!

striker14

Jul 29, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
VANCOUVER JAGUARS 2 DELTA UNITED 0

as conductor had put it, we won...YAY!
we should have come out of that game with a few more goals, but some of us are still shakin' some summer rust off

one of our newer Jags scored a beauty...went in on goal, deeked out the defender, deeked around the keeper, took a couple of extra steps, baked a cake and then popped it in. great goal

the rest of the game was back and forth with chances for both sides
our D played a strong game and held us in it for the most part
our keeper, rosy, made a couple of huge saves!!

i got a nice deflection off of their defender, had a semi break away because she was last man back
their goalie started her rush out and then decided she wouldn't make it, tried to scramble back, i looked up and saw this happening so i took a blaster of a shot and hit it top corner

we win!!

striker14

Jul 29, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
HAPPY HOLIDAYS EVERYONE!!

Jaguars are hoping to find the back of the net in 2011
rough start to the 2010/2011 season with losing a few of our players to injury
we're a much better team than what the standings show

striker14

Jul 29, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
anyone have a pitch available for an exhibition game to start 2011?
my team, the Jaguars, are looking to kick the ball around a bit, but we don't have a field
we were thinking sunday, jan 9th

striker14

Jul 29, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
CUP PLAY BEGINS

the jaguars have been fooling all of you with losing 9 games out of 13
we were just leaving all our wins for Cup Play
ha ha
good luck to all teams

bergamascho

Nov 16, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
CUP PLAY BEGINS

the jaguars have been fooling all of you with losing 9 games out of 13
we were just leaving all our wins for Cup Play
ha ha
good luck to all teams

Just like Foz to act all sneaky and then pounce...The plan must have been formulated at the Point...P.S. How are those two I-Tie cuties doin' :wa:

DSink

Nov 19, 2010
Tokens
Dirty Money
Good luck to everyone! Hopefully we'll all get three weeks of good weather/field conditions and we can watch how this all pans out!

I'd say Groups 2-6 are evenly matched and spread out, but Aldergrove in Group 1 definitely caught a break with their draw. Any thoughts?

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts