Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

MWSL Selects 2007/2008 results/banter

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Standings are misleading sometimes.........;) Our Premier team is in 2nd but are not the second best team. :D

Well done on a good result against a very good North Shore team.

munchkin

Oct 21, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
munchkin

how was your game after ours?
how was the referee?

We beat the Sapperton team 6-0. Not too much to say about it other than it felt like a convincing win. I think we are really starting to play better together as a team since we only beat this same team 1-0 in the first game of the season. The referee wasn't the best we've had, but he also wasn't one of the worst. He missed a few blatant fouls (elbows to the head, a player taken down in the box after the goalie cleared the ball, etc...), but otherwise he wasn't too bad. I didn't actually see if he was the same guy that reffed your game. The ref was going to either caution or card one of players for swearing when it was actually a Sapperton fan that told my teammate to "fcuk off" before he handed her the ball back after it went out of bounds right near him. Guess he was still a little bitter that we were winning and that our striker just undressed a few of their defenders. Classy lad that one :rolleyes:.

It was nice to see you Mel. Sophia really misses Logan!

Six of One

Jan 23, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
The ref was going to either caution or card one of players for swearing when it was actually a Sapperton fan that told my teammate to "fcuk off" before he handed her the ball back after it went out of bounds right near him. Classy lad that one :rolleyes:.

Yeah, that's what fans do after chasing a ball out of bounds and handing it to one of the opposing team's players: tell that player to "fcuk off". I'm sure your player never said a word and was all class herself and probably thanked the fan for retrieving the ball. Uh huh.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yeah, that's what fans do after chasing a ball out of bounds and handing it to one of the opposing team's players: tell that player to "fcuk off". I'm sure your player never said a word and was all class herself and probably thanked the fan for retrieving the ball. Uh huh.

Kerrisdale never does anything wrong. Let me guess......number 4? Hard to believe that she would do or say anything wrong.

munchkin

Oct 21, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hmmm, since neither of you two muppets were at the game (I can only assume that for Six of One since I don't know you) you don't have any idea what you are talking about. CS, it was not #4, it was our striker Sherrie, but way to make an ASSumption. As for Six of One, I can't begin to know why someone else would say something so foolish, but a few players (including myself) heard the comment. Maybe we've identified the wrong person as there were a few people walking along the end line at that time, but unless you were there and could correct us, I'm sticking to my story since someone said it and I was actually there :bronco:! Classy fans regardless as my player certainly didn't tell herself to "fcuk off" or say anything to the fan(s), and the group of people walking went to join the Sapperton sideline.

As for the "Kerrisdale never does anything wrong" comment CS, that's very much like the pot calling the kettle black :mad:. I have never intimated that we are angels or always innocent. I simply point out that it usually takes two teams or sometimes two players to become involved in a fracas or heated game. Read the tone of your own posts to see who thinks their team can't do anything wrong.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hmmm, since neither of you two muppets were at the game (I can only assume that for Six of One since I don't know you) you don't have any idea what you are talking about. CS, it was not #4, it was our striker Sherrie, but way to make an ASSumption. As for Six of One, I can't begin to know why someone else would say something so foolish, but a few players (including myself) heard the comment. Maybe we've identified the wrong person as there were a few people walking along the end line at that time, but unless you were there and could correct us, I'm sticking to my story since someone said it and I was actually there :bronco:! Classy fans regardless as my player certainly didn't tell herself to "fcuk off" or say anything to the fan(s), and the group of people walking went to join the Sapperton sideline.

As for the "Kerrisdale never does anything wrong" comment CS, that's very much like the pot calling the kettle black :mad:. I have never intimated that we are angels or always innocent. I simply point out that it usually takes two teams or sometimes two players to become involved in a fracas or heated game. Read the tone of your own posts to see who thinks their team can't do anything wrong.

Munchkin,

Your team has done itself no favours over the last few years and I will continue to say it. If our team did something wrong I would say it. Against your team, it seems to be the only team we have problems with. I'm not sure why because your team is all class. :rolleyes:

I can't believe you can sit there and type that the girls on your team say nothing and cause no problems........but then again, I've heard Fantasyland is a great place to live. I'm looking forward to go there one day........

Also, I can't wait until our game later this month. Should be fun.

munchkin

Oct 21, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Munchkin,

Your team has done itself no favours over the last few years and I will continue to say it. If our team did something wrong I would say it. Against your team, it seems to be the only team we have problems with. I'm not sure why because your team is all class. :rolleyes:

I can't believe you can sit there and type that the girls on your team say nothing and cause no problems........but then again, I've heard Fantasyland is a great place to live. I'm looking forward to go there one day........

Also, I can't wait until our game later this month. Should be fun.

PERHAPS it would help if you actually took the time to READ what I wrote. I did not generalize about "girls" on my team CS!! I did say that the girl involved who was told to "f off" did not say anything. You have a knack for spinning things.
As for the "we haven't helped ourselves comment...What, we haven't helped ourselves be a competitive team, with players that get emotionally involved against their opponents? We haven't become a competitive team that is very successful right now? What exactly haven't we helped ourselves with? If you think I'm concerned about your biased view of my team and my teammates, think again! I am not losing any sleep over that. I have been at the games and know damn well that when we play each other, both teams are responsible for the heated nature. I freely admit when my team plays hard and it results in fouls. I've NEVER put the blinders on about what happens on the field. What I do that perhaps you don't care for CS is when I call your players out for their role in fouls as well, b/c lord knows, they never do anything wrong do they? Perhaps you are the one in La-La land.

- cue theme song: "And these are the days of our lives...."

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Anyway, back to reality.

West Van 2 RCIU 'B' 0

We were absolutely shocking. In fact the only thing worse than us was the man in the middle. This will sum him up and will be in the report sent to the league. This was one of many.

Our girl allegedly fouls their girl in the our 18. He shows our girl the yellow card. He then offers an indirect kick to the other team. I am asking why it is not a penalty for the other team. He doesn't answer. They shoot over the net........goal kick.

At half-time, I was extremely curious as to why they didn't get a penalty kick, since he gave a yellow card to our girl.

"Why wasn't it penalty? Well, her back was toward goal and she was moving away from the goal."

CS - "Yes, sir, but according to you, it was a cautionable foul. Therefore, it is a direct kick inside the 18 which must a penalty. If not, then why was our girl given a yellow card?"

Ref - "She was clipping at her heels and ankles but the girl was facing away from the goal. You don't have to give a penalty in this situation. There are three times when you can give a penalty. One - if the girl was going toward the goal.......two - if it looks like she has a chance to score a goal.........three - if she intentionally tripped her"

CS - "Thanks, ref. That clears it up."

He then had another beauty.....after our girl fouled their girl in THEIR 18....their girl stayed down as she took a knee to the thigh. So it should have been a free-kick for them. He instructs them to kick the ball back to us. :confused: I told them to take the free-kick and not to worry about giving the ball back to us. The ref does a drop ball....the girl takes a touch and starts dribbling up the pitch while most of us(on both teams) are laughing. The ladies on their team were a classy bunch and they told us that they file reports every week they have this guy. My question would be why does he continue to get games when he obviously has no clue.

On their second goal........."Wait for the whistle please"........girl crosses the ball and they score.....but he hasn't blown his whistle yet. Goal stands. If our women weren't playing so poorly I'm pretty sure I would have been turfed from the game but our performance was worse than his, believe it or not and we got what we deserved.......nothing. Having said that, their keeper was the best keeper in the league...and in the Premier league that I"ve seen this season. She made 3 unbelievable stops. We are still struggling in goal as we've been rotating players.....three shots on goal today and two goals, one from 40 yards out.....a one hopper through the stand-in keeper's hands. :)

Hopefully, we'll have a goalie for next week. It's crappy that both our teams are playing on the same night as the Selects will be a bit depleted. I see the Red Sox are within striking distance at the top now, which isn't surprising because they are the best team in the league. I would be surprised if they didn't finish first.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
On the opposite tonight, our women were great. We deserved the win at the end of the night........and Burnaby were probably very frustrated.....overall, they were probably more talented but it didn't matter. Our girls were great in terms of getting stuck in. :)

2 - 0

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0