Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Nascar - 2006

Argyle

Feb 22, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well...the new season is coming up fast, as the enigines roar in 30 days at the Daytona 500. Should be a great year with lots of drivers swapping teams, and the next group of young drivers coming forward!

Please post all your banter related to the NASCAR series here...

To get it started...today Canadian Paul Tracy anounced that he has secured a 5 race deal to race in the NASCAR Busch Series. This is a great step for Paul to hopefully make the switch in '07 to a full time ride in the Nextel Cup Series.
Open-wheel star Tracy inks five-race NBS deal

DAYTONA BEACH, Fla. -- After over a year of speculation as to whether or not Paul Tracy would make his way into NASCAR, Tracy has inked a 5-race deal that will see him behind the wheel of a stock car in the NASCAR Busch Series.

Frank Cicci Racing with Jim Kelly will be fielding the No. 34 Chevrolet Monte Carlo for Tracy's five-race NASCAR stint.
Tracy will make his debut at Daytona and then follow up with appearances in Mexico City on March 5, Las Vegas on March 11, Indianapolis on Aug. 5 and Fontana on Sept. 2.
Sport Clips will be the primary sponsor at Daytona International Speedway, Indianapolis Raceway Park and California Speedway, with American Crew taking over as a co-primary sponsor with Sport Clips at Las Vegas Motor Speedway.
American Crew will appear as an associate sponsor in all of Tracy's races.
Frank Cicci's No. 34 car does not have a sponsor for Mexico City, but with former Mexico City Champ Car winner Paul Tracy in the car, it should make the sponsorship search considerably easier.
"I'm very excited about my first opportunity to race in NASCAR, especially in the biggest race of the year at Daytona. Then moving on to race at Las Vegas, which is my former home, and then on to Mexico City, where I am a former winner in the Champ Car Series," Tracy said.
"I am thankful to Sport Clips and American Crew for believing in me and making this work. I also want to thank Frank Cicci and Jim Kelly for putting me in quality equipment and supporting me. I would especially like to thank Doug Barnette for finding the sponsors and bringing the parties together and making this happen."
Sport Clips CEO and founder Gordon Logan was equally excited about the relationship.
"We are extremely pleased and excited about partnering with Paul Tracy for his NASCAR debut in the Busch Series. Paul brings an excitement and passion to the sport that will greatly expand the fan base for the Busch Series, resulting in an increased awareness of Sport Clips in all of our markets.
American Crew vice-president of sales John Mulgrew concurred.
"American Crew is extremely excited to have the opportunity to work with an American institution like NASCAR, combined with the ability to have a respected and recognized driver like Paul Tracy at the helm of our car.
"This takes the recognition of our brand and the recognition that Paul creates for us to an exciting new level."

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts