Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Nations Cup 2015

club_i_champ

Dec 6, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Italy 2 Ireland 1

Attempted to play three 30 minute halves last night, and after the opening 30 found ourselves down 2-nil after a nice strike by Fetterly and a 'soft' PK call. Managed to pull one back midway through the 2nd thirty courtesy of TK. We didn't manage to get the final thirty in, as the lights at King George never turned on. Italy looked good, and collectively younger then in recent years.

Looking forward to Friday night lights!

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Both teams had multiple good chances to score but, obviously, didn't. Scotland was lack of finish, Iran/Persia was good Scottish goal keeping. Even Jr RF made a few cracking saves. FFS both teams are lightning fast or Im just slug trail slow now. Likely.

Iran/ Persia all world on the PKs at the end. its best bro. Its best. Best in Europe bro. its best.

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
People like my folks say we were just as fast Beeker but I just don't see it.

Its like comparing us to the players who played in the 50s and 60s before countries like Brazil figured out that fitness kills teams...
Watching back on that 1970 World Cup final for example was like they were from outer space at the time.

I am blown away when I see some of the pace out there these days.

Datingmyselfforever

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Italy 2 Ireland 1

Attempted to play three 30 minute halves last night, and after the opening 30 found ourselves down 2-nil after a nice strike by Fetterly and a 'soft' PK call. Managed to pull one back midway through the 2nd thirty courtesy of TK. We didn't manage to get the final thirty in, as the lights at King George never turned on. Italy looked good, and collectively younger then in recent years.

Looking forward to Friday night lights!
Every PK call against a team you're a part of, CIC........is soft.......#nobrainer :)

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Results from last night:

Mens Open
Ireland 5-1 Serbia
Africa 2-0 England
India 4-0 China
Germany 1-0 Saudi Arabia
Iran 3-1 Portugal
Fiji 1-0 Croatia
USA 1-0 Scotland
Canada 2-1 Italy

Mens O30
Caribbean 1-0 Portugal
India 3-0 Africa
Italy 1-1 Scotland
Germany 2-1 Croatia
Canada 2-1 Ireland
England 2-0 China

Mens O38
Scotland 3-0 Italy
England 4-0 Fiji
Canada 0-0 Ireland
Africa 4-2 India
Romania 4-1 Serbia
Germany 1-1 China

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Headed out yesterday with my boys to take in a few games - other than a massive swarm of mosquitoes walking to the stands at the oval, a good day out watching some footy.

Didn't see any finals and left at half-time of the Mens Open semi between Ireland & Germany... Ireland had lost their legs and Germany were the better team (and eventually went on to the Final).

Crowds were sparse at that game but the India vs Canada semi was packed at the pitch beside the oval. @Ballbaby took that one in - how was it BB?

Beer gardens looked packed by the time we left - good to see @coach and some of his Scottish crew doing what they do best :)

Final results from what I can tell:

Men's Open
India over Germany 1-0 AET

Women's Open
India 3-2 Canada

Men's O30
England 2-1 Scotland

Men's O38
Africa 4-3 Romania

Men's O45
India over China in PKs

Men's O52
Scotland over India

Clearly a great year for India - domination over all other countries!

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yes, India very much in the hunt in all divisions.

Congrats to India on winning the big prize.
I actually thought Germany had a bit of the upper hand in the final, but must admit to some stellar defending by India.
Their back 4 were solid and the whole team played real well as a cohesive unit.

I was impressed with this final - Very exciting way to end it.

Well done also to the Deutschland keeper making a huge PK save in the first half to keep the Gerries in it.

And you have to hand it to Kusch.
He was an absolute beast out there.
Unbelievable performance at his age.
He and Soolsma up front were a threat all day long.

Cheers,
RF

bandcamp

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Great tourney. You need your wins in the group stages. We tied 2 games on Saturday and then handled India very easily (were up 5-0 at one point) but India got through the group and ended up winning it. Thanks to the organizing committee and thanks to the talent all over Hugh Boyd from the young birds to the mommy birds :)

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts