Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

NDP Officially Back Down on BC Place Attacks

FriendsofSoccer

Apr 29, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Responding to outrage and pressure from the sports community, the BC NDP offically backed down from their attacks on the BC Place renovations. They also made clear that their platform now includes the full $365 million for the renovations, and includes the retractable roof. The NDP have now also clarified that they will spend $100 million for soccer fields and community centres throughout the province if elected.

You can read their full statement on the matter here:
http://www.bcndp.ca/newsroom/liberal-lie-bc-place-roof-gets-red-card

While it's regrettable that the stadium was the target of political attack ads by the NDP, I am satisfied that the New Democrats are now fully committed to this project. But they should know that the pressure they felt on this issue over the past week is just a fraction of what our community can bring on them, or any political party, if they choose to use sport as a political pawn again.

The past week has been a testament to what the soccer and sports community can accomplish when we band together. This is a strong win for sport in BC. Regardless of which political party wins in May, they can be certain that the sports community will hold them accountable for their promises, and that we will challenge them when they take action detrimental to sport in our province.

Yours in Sport,
Bill Currie
Friends of Soccer
14227231-8948341751847345158

More...

Kevin Hector

Apr 9, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Good job. I'm just worried they'll say what we want to hear to get votes and never get around to doing anything about the stadium up grades. as for spending money on soccer feilds I feel it's just another false promise. the NDP can't be trusted. I feel there is a cloud of darkness around this. we must be mindful of our thoughts.

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Good job. I'm just worried they'll say what we want to hear to get votes and never get around to doing anything about the stadium up grades. as for spending money on soccer feilds I feel it's just another false promise. the NDP can't be trusted. I feel there is a cloud of darkness around this. we must be mindful of our thoughts.

Smartest thing I think you've ever said ;) Agree that they'll say whatever they can to get the votes. I think they were hoping that they'd have a lot of support by bashing the reno, and when seeing that it was the opposite they changed stances.

WaterBreak

Feb 18, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
gulp......i was begining to think i would have to vote liberal. now that this mess is going away, i can go blissfully back to not voteing. NDP suck. carole james is narrow minded, lazy, and predictable.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0